My pre-order isnt filled yet! 2 3.13%
I'm waiting for a PS3! 20 31.25%
I don't want a PS3! 34 53.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #301
RPGD
Apple Caviar

RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.
Re: Playstation 3 Launch Topic (all PS3 stuff goes in here)

Pokemon, perhaps?

~Updates weekly on Sundays~
Old 12-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #302
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

Location: Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
DarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small trees

It really doesn't make sense. The DS Lite has been consistently selling hundreds of thousands per week since it came out. It's like everybody wants to buy as many as they possibly can because I can't imagine there are that many people without one.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:15 AM   #303
RPGD
Apple Caviar

RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.

I'm guessing more and more people want multiples.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #304
DK

DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like

It's a family machine it isn't like a mom can just buy one and have it sit next to the tv she's gotta buy one for each of her kids.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #305
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

and one for herself and her husband and each of her parents.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #306
John Mora
WOO!

John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like

Well, there's only, like, 12 million or so DSes sold and there's 100+ million people in Japan. There's still a big market for Nintendo to go after.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:15 AM   #307
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

Location: Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
DarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small trees

What happened?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:17 AM   #308
Denmo
dubiously demoralized

Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.

There was a band of people, and they jumped in a wagon.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:18 AM   #309
RPGD
Apple Caviar

It's quite a staggering drop. A number of dissatisfied eBay sellers have reportedly been returning PS3s due to lack of big bids.

Old 12-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #310
Lantis
Sometimes Kaizo

Lantis is a splendid one to behold

Even at the lowest they are spending $100 over what the higher end modle costs.

...and after everyone ******ing about the price before hand, too.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:31 PM   #311
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

Well that's the average auction price. Most are going at cost but some auctioneers get lucky and catch a couple desperate buyers and that raises the average a bit.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 AM   #312
Chad
Goes down smooth

Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.

It looks like Sony did better than cancel Gran Turismo HD. It's free.

Also, I just physically got my PS3. Username's IGoByChad for anyone who wants to start building their friends list.

"Couch co-op is the only true co-op." Richard of the Cooks.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:15 AM   #313
Alzar
foom

Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.Alzar could possibly be EvilNixon666.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostulateMan View Post
Also, I just physically got my PS3.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #314
Vonwert
Puzzle Maker

Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.

Well there is a butt load of PS3s in BestBuy, but no Wiis....
Old 01-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #315
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

Again, I actually wish I wanted a PS3 and a PSP.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #316
Ivalice
Duh.

Ivalice enjoys Lego sandwiches

My buddy got one for christmas...he took it back to trade it for the wii. They had none, so he got a 360, GoW, viva pinata, and R6: vegas.

Looks ingame to me....

Last edited by Ivalice; 01-04-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #317
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

The new issue of PSM grades the PS3 launch and gives it a C+.

PS3 Launch Report Card

The Hardware B-
Blu-ray Disc B
High Definition B+
SIXAXIS C
Backwards Compatibility C-
The Games B-
Variety B
Quality B
Innovation F
Online C+
Gameplay B
Integration C-
Communication C
Playstation Store B
Overall Grade: C+

They also have an extensive and surprisingly fair PS3 vs 360 feature.

Last edited by DarkwingChuck; 01-10-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #318
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps2/newell-...ter-228789.php
Gabe Newell from Valve says sony should just give up.
Since when is he qualified to say anything about the console market though?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #319
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

That's just stupid. Sony screwed up the PS3 launch royally but in a year's time it'll come into it's own. I don't think PS3 will manage to take #1 though. I really think the only console that will break ahead of the pack is the Wii. There's a lot more non-gamers than gamers and Wii is grabbing a healthy share of both while PS3 and 360 are splitting the core gamers between them. Considering what a turn around that is from last gen who's to say what'll happen next time. If Sony learned from their mistakes PS4 could very well dominate as well as PS1 and 2 did so to say Sony should give up is just ludicrous.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #320
Jeroak Nelave
I mourn...

Jeroak Nelave takes place between 1:00am and 2:00amJeroak Nelave takes place between 1:00am and 2:00amJeroak Nelave takes place between 1:00am and 2:00amJeroak Nelave takes place between 1:00am and 2:00amJeroak Nelave takes place between 1:00am and 2:00amJeroak Nelave takes place between 1:00am and 2:00amJeroak Nelave takes place between 1:00am and 2:00amJeroak Nelave takes place between 1:00am and 2:00am

Gabe Newell is a stupid fat bastard that thinks he is god because he created halflife or whatever. did he even actually do anything with halflife 2? or did he just supervise?

But then again, John Carmack is just as much of an idiot, they just dont like that the PS3 doesnt use Direct X, so they cant do super fast ports of their games so they can make tons of money for little effort.

Sure, PS3 may not be #1 this gen, but Half Life, Doom, and their respective developers arent going to make or break the system...they didnt last gen, and wont this gen.

We will see how well the PS3 fares the next holiday season. if it doesnt do well then, then we will know it was a failure.
Closed Thread