RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Game Forums > The Bush Forum

Old 07-23-2006, 12:40 AM   #1
Nixon
Crook

Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.
Silly Hill

The horrible Silent Hill enemy countdown has come to an end. I thought it would be a fun way to share my intentions with the pavilion's SH fans... but some people were confused.

Back in the old topic, I mentioned I would start drawing these again after I moved. I decided to give them a proper name* this time (not that it really matters). I also thought it would be fun to have a bizarre art contest.

Check out the GARBAGE ART contest thread!
There are free t-shirts... and stuff. STUFF.

The original topic started out as a joke, since I'd messed around with a suggested UFO ending for SH4.

Here is where the problem began: ZAP!

I don't normally work on three panel strips, so I thought it would be fun and
challenging to try and come up with a few for the first silent hill game, since it gets hardly any "fan art" love.

I decided to draw them in MS paint, since it's easier to color that way and the colors tend to look better.

This is the first one I tried.
Harry Mason, sharpshooter.

Since they were littered throughout the topic last time, I'll post links to the ones I still think are somewhat amusing.

SODA

Get up and KILL!

I KNEW it...

DIE!

*collision noise*

UNFAZED

TAKE THAT!

Then people said "uh, yeah... these are cute and all... but we want SILENT HILL 2 cartoons." I had avoided that one because it seemed too easy, and it's considered to be the most popular one. After I started working on these, it turned out they were usually the easiest to write/draw.

BOOT!

Chillin'

Best Friends~
This is one of my personal favorites, simply because I adore the second panel. That image was the basis for the rest of the strip. It turned out almost exactly as I envisioned it.

TOILET WARRIOR!
This one is another favorite, because you could remove the dialogue and it would still be just as effective.

Poker
Gray said he liked this one, but I still think it looks wonky. I do like the idea that Dingus taught PH how to play poker in a matter of minutes.

I <3 SFX (and cartoony violence)

Ruining famous scenes part XXVII

OMG SH MOVIE LOL

This time, I'd like to try for around 20 or so... but don't hold me to that. I'll try to post one at least every other week, for a while. As I move back into my own projects (and take on more hours at my regular job), I'll be working on these less and less. Let me know what you think.

After I'm done with these, I plan on working on another three panel strip about riding the bus. It may never see the light of day.

I'll post the new ones here in a few minutes.

*Jester tossed out the name "silly hill" back in the old topic. He said it was alright if I used it. THANKS!

Last edited by Nixon; 07-23-2006 at 01:53 AM.
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
gray
Qui Quy! Qui...K Qui Quy?

gray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the other
Re: Silly Hill

this is your big surprise??

*takes party hat off*

disappointed!

Last edited by gray; 07-23-2006 at 01:02 AM.
gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:04 AM   #3
DK

DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like

Heh, put up the countdown pics, too!
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:12 AM   #4
Nixon
Crook

Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.

Alright! My cat just puked all over my carpet and some art! Gimme a sec.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:22 AM   #5
John Mora
WOO!

John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like

I WAS RIGHT

But awesome. I love those strips to this day.
John Mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:31 AM   #6
Nixon
Crook

I'll start off by saying that I never knew that PH had a tongue... until the other day when I saw this random youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxXoe...pyramid%20head
The guy was just messing around, but I thought it was funny (and informative).

I have a strip on the way that makes light of this new discovery. Get your mind out of the gutter, it's nothing naughty.

Anyway, here are some new strips.

I don't know why I made this one bigger than the rest. The art's not any better.

I'll post another one in the next few days (it's one of my favorites). I have some more for SH1 and SH4 on the way.

And just for fun:
SD CLOSER

I never got around to finishing this, but I think it's a funny idea. Maybe some day I'll finish the inks and color it.
Whoops.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:34 AM   #7
John Mora
WOO!

John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like

Closer-chan~~~~ n__n
Old 07-23-2006, 01:46 AM   #8
Nixon
Crook

Quote:
Heh, put up the countdown pics, too!
Well... okay. But they were all just throw away pieces. Except the wormhead (#3), I actually like that one a lot.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:02 AM   #9
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small trees

The comics are back, my happiness knows no bounds.

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #10
Loki
Enjoy this bonus stage

Loki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small treesLoki sleeps with small trees

I never knew that the SH 4 ending topic was about comics because it was called SH 4 Endings. It should've been about that. I never looked at it. Not once. These are the first time I've seen these and they made me laugh.

Out loud.

I'd give you some rep if you didn't already own it all, Nix.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:58 PM   #11
Nixon
Crook

I'm sorry the title was misleading... this all started out as a one-note gag. Then everyone seemed to think it was funny, so I made a few more and just kept them all in that same topic. I'm glad you finally found them.

Here is another one for SH2. This cartoon can be summed up in one word:
STUPID!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #12
gray
Qui Quy! Qui...K Qui Quy?

gray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the other

THAT'LL LEARN YA!

besides, some of the comics could rightly be called spoilers, so it was probably for the best.

but whatever! hilarious!
gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #13
jspaceman
floating in space

jspaceman can amazingly high five everyone at the same time.jspaceman can amazingly high five everyone at the same time.jspaceman can amazingly high five everyone at the same time.jspaceman can amazingly high five everyone at the same time.

you never cease to amaze me, amy.
i love your devotion and talents.
jspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #14
Redneck 2000
Donkey Emperor

Redneck 2000 is made out of valuable stones!

How come I've only seen like 2 of these before!! I love them all Amy... your art style is so polished yet... cartoony! Of course I knew that already but fun new Silent Hill comics are a good surprise

I especially love "Why does every monster in this town have a butt!?"
Redneck 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #15
Jamos' Old Account
Donkey Emperor

Jamos' Old Account has proven the theory of relativity with a crayon.Jamos' Old Account has proven the theory of relativity with a crayon.Jamos' Old Account has proven the theory of relativity with a crayon.Jamos' Old Account has proven the theory of relativity with a crayon.

I'm so glad to see the SH comics return. You haven't gained any rust at all, Nixon.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #16
John Mora
WOO!

Maria is such a buzzkill.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:34 AM   #17
Nixon
Crook

I don't like her much.

Quote:
I especially love "Why does every monster in this town have a butt!?"
A while back, Dave saw me playing the hotel area, and fighting the "doormen" enemies. He said "hey, those things have a butt!" I told him "EVERYTHING HERE HAS A BUTT!!! GRAH!!!" *shotgun blast*

I need to work on the ones for SH1 and SH4. I was going to draw all the SH4 ones by hand... but now I'm curious to see what Henry would look like in MS paint hell.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #18
Magus
Something beautiful

Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like

As beautiful as ever I hope.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #19
John Mora
WOO!

Are we gonna see any Origins strips down the road?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #20
Nixon
Crook

Quote:
As beautiful as ever I hope.
Yeah, he's certainly the only SH pretty boy.

Quote:
Are we gonna see any Origins strips down the road?
Even though Dave has a PSP, I am not jazzed about Origins. Everything I've seen/read in regards to that game is ass. Also, they used "hometown" in their trailer. FEH. The idea of playing a SH game on a handheld makes me angry and tired. Morbid curiousity may eventually get the best of me, but I doubt it.