RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > File Listings > articles > articles2

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 AM   #1
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
Fatal Insanity - Garbage Contest Review

No other contest game has taken me this long to review. I gave up for days on end, and it took around two weeks of forcing myself to play it for short stretches to finally get through it.

Every other game in this contest has been "funny-bad", and enjoyable despite being awful. I cant say the same about this. it's boring, battles are sloppy, you go through extremely long segments between very badly placed save points. The dungeon design at one point had me convinced I was somehow trapped in a circle, and I spent 10 minutes navigation a stretch of hallway that never changed, except for the corners which all looked the same as well. I actually fell asleep towards the end too. It's a damn long game too. every other game in this contest (except Mr. Oak) has clocked in at a half hour or so at the most. This goes on for hours without any sign that you're actually progressing through it.

Nothing in this game is appealing. the text is mutilated beyond the point of being funny. it pains the player every time they see one of the characters take an active part in a conversation with a solid block of periods topped off with random punctuation at the end, and often the sentences deteriorate into random gibberish which reminds me of the "do you roll your face across a keyboard" comment someone made on the forum last year.

and then the creator had the nerve to put ME IN THE GAME.

Tjoris, what you have created here is a disaster with nothing at all to warrant anyone playing it. This is not a game you play to see just how bad it is. This is not a game that you play to laugh at because of the intentional lack of quality. This is a game you avoid at all costs. The download counter for this game has already hit 188. Do not allow it to go any higher.

This is the worst game that has ever existed, RPG Maker or otherwise.

10 glazed cephalopods out of a possible 10.

Last edited by Valkysas; 06-22-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Closed Thread