RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > Tutorials

Old 05-26-2006, 06:09 AM   #1
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
Variable Creation Sample Event for RPG Maker 3

This is intended to be helpful to new owners of RPG Maker 3 who don't understand variables. It is a zipped Microsoft Works document. It should be able to be opened in Microsoft Word without a problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Variable Creation Sample.zip (6.4 KB, 2473 views)

Last edited by Valkysas; 06-23-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Pagerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
Tellah

Re: Variable Creation Sample Event for RPG Maker 3

could a boss battle event be set up with the same step by step process?
Old 06-17-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!

yes, a boss battle could be set up using variables. Check the RPG Maker Workshop. Reply to my last message there, and we can all work on helping you together.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #4
bluggaschnugga
Bluggaschnugga

bluggaschnugga is special!

What are the internal variables. I dont understand all the numbers and stuff.
bluggaschnugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #5
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Hey bluggashnugga,

Internal variables are just variables that have you assign for individual people or towns or fields (as opposed to shared variables, which you only have 60 of).

Using variables is a way to keep track of progress in your game, and using them can help you set different things to happen depending on the player's progress in the game.

Did you try out the sample event I made here?
That might help you understand how to use variables, at least that's my hope. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Pagerron
Old 08-15-2006, 10:33 PM   #6
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

I can't edit my posts in this thread. I suggest that we continue this discussion in the RPG Maker Workshop. I'll answer your post there. This area is really just intended for submissions that people turn in.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:12 PM   #7
Libby
Teh Twitchy Penguin

Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.

I love you. *hugs* This is exactly what I was looking for! You get cookies!
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
raineth

got a totorial that dosent cost money?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:59 PM   #9
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

what do you mean "cost money"? everything on this site is free.

Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #10
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

raineth,
Hmmm...if you're referring to a variable sample that doesn't involve using treasure events (like the coins in this sample), try clicking on "Search" and typing the word VARIALBLES (yes, with the extra "L") That will bring up two threads that may give you some ideas for other uses of variables.

FYI - People sometimes look down on posting in older threads in order to needlessly bring them back to life.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:05 PM   #11
henry4444

I made it so seen comes up but it gets stuck in a loop how do I fix that.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:52 AM   #12
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

I'm not sure if you mean that you made the sample event in the first post or an event of your own creation, but in general, here are a couple ways to get rid of a looping event.

1- Check to make sure that the event is not set to "auto" by mistake. Set it to "touch" or "button".

2- If it is SUPPOSED to be an "auto" event, create a second mode for it and at the end of the event code for mode 1, modify the event's mode to "2"

3-If you don't want to use modes, then simply turn the display of the event to "off" at the end of its event code. The event will disappear after it does what it is supposed to.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #13
deadleader1983

that's tight I gust got my rm3 today at 4 in the after noon every time you hit back and it says saving I thought it was acutally saving... so now that its 5:37 am the next day I have another opening sequens my charectires sorry for the spelling I need sllep but this is crack im glad to have lerned this I would not of gotten that by my self expeshally seeing I have no manual but I have been incresingly getting agry because I can't get some one to join my parte and play a nice little cut sceme to help the story but it just wo freaking work oh crap I half to to to that in 7 hours