RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Game Forums > Dawn of Hellfire Productions

Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.
(New) Dark Legion VXA

Made by: Redeye

Made with RPG Maker VX Ace

Quote: "Even in the middle of tradgety and darkness, we can still survive if we can work as a true group of family, friends, and strangers." ~Lore of Tameria, 1367 A.I.

Warning: Massive walls of text approaching!!

Welcome back guys, it's me, Redeye. I'm extremely proud to present the recreation of the original Dark Legion update and comments thread. From here until the end of this post I will be informing you all about the various details and features Dark Legion has to offer. By showing off some neat ideas i'm sure this attempt will be better than any other. Without further ado, let's get on with this! First we will be looking back to the times of old, where our "little story" begins.....

One thousand years ago, in the vast world of Tameria, the eight continents rest in peace and tranquility. However, life was not easy in these lands. It was only then the great demon known as "The Devourer" was created. Upon his birth, he was destined to throw the entire world into shadows. In other words, "Devouring" the lands.

Exedra, the Goddess of Wisdom, grew angry over the Devourer's power as a demon king. The goddess then created Eight relics, known as the Orbs of Exedra. These orbs are the keys to punishing the demon. Such relics could only be controlled by people of Exedra's blood, or demigods of the goddess herself.

Exedra then lended her power to a newborn child. This child's name was Jade. With this power, he became a being known as a Child of Omen, Descendant of the Goddess. Jade was destined to defeat the Devourer once and for all, and so he did when the time came to him.

The birth of Jade was known as the first event of the Ixidia, Chronicle of Omen.

After the Devourer's defeat, Jade used the Exedra Orbs he had collected, and sealed the foul demon into the Eternal Void, the land where the demons rest.

The Devourer's falling became the second event of Ixidia. People nowadays celebrate this day as "Daedrum", a holiday in remembrance of the demon's demise.

Ten years after the Daedrum, war broke out between the continents of Idonia and Ekkard. A fight over power. Jade would not agree with meaningless conflict, so he decided to end it by himself. Though, even though Jade was a citizen of Ekkard, he sided with Idonia for his own personal reasons.

A few years after the war started, Jade was able to confront the heart of Ekkard's power, the king himself. Jade then used his hidden power, Maelstrom, to defeat the King of Ekkard. Maelstrom was a gift by Exedra, used in only times of despair. With the king's defeat, the war came to an end.

The Ending of the Idonian/Ekkardian Civil War was the third event of the Ixidia.

It was only five years after the war that Jade began to realize that he was dying. His powers were sucking him from his life sources. His final moments were remembered greatly, as Jade was forced to say his final goodbyes to his newborn son, Gabriel. Just a few hours later, Jade died, and was encased in diamonds.

Jade's Death was the fourth and final event of Ixidia.

As Jade's child began to mature, a spark of hope was regained. As the son of the hero, he had some remaining power of Exedra in him. It was almost like a cycle of power, of heroism.

Things began to change for the world, as the seal to the Eternal Void slowly began to weaken. Gabriel then made his journey to retrieve the Exedra Orbs again, and he recreated the seal. After his victory, Gabirel spent the rest of his life as a normal citizen. He then raised his own child, and died soon after.

People began to notice a loop, a loop of events. Every 100 years a new Child of Omen is born, and matures enough to redo the quest to strengthen the Void Seal. This began something called the Cycle of Omen.

However, this quest went a bit differently than the others.

This quest all started with a girl named Siara.

Siara
Class: Conjurer
Title: Child of Omen
Weapon: Staffs
Description: A young woman who was born with the blood of
Exedra, the goddess of Wisdom.
Skills: Summoning

Joshua
Class: Spearman
Title: Defender of Farlore
Weapon: Spears
Description: A brave man who spends his life guarding the forest
village of Farlore.
Skills: Elemental Spells, Restoration Spells, and Spear Skills

Dilan
Class: Warrior
Title: Soldier of Ladio
Weapon: Swords
Description: A trained swordsman who was taught to defend the
grand city of Ladio.
Skills: Sword Skills, Debuffs, and Restoration Spells

Ariette
Class: Gunslinger
Title: Human Thunder
Weapon: Guns
Description: A cute young woman who works as an assistant of
the mayor of Caden Port.
Skills: Gun Skills, Buffs, Status Inflicting, and Other Helpful spells.

The Devourer
Title: The Demon King
Description: The great demon who plans to devour the world.

Kaberin
Title: The Fire Caster
Description: A member of the group known as the Dark Legion, he is a master Pyromancer.

Jascal
Title: The Ice Bandit
Description: A member of the group known as the Dark Legion, he is a master Cryomancer.

Hendran
Title: The Thunder Thief
Description: A member of the group known as the Dark Legion, he is a master Electromancer.

Gabran
Title: The Water Sorcerer
Description: A member of the group known as the Dark Legion, he is a master Hydromancer.

Ferren
Title: The Earth Gladiator
Description: A member of the group known as the Dark Legion, he is a master Geomancer.

Diano
Title: The Wind Mage
Description: A member of the group known as the Dark Legion, he is a master Aeromancer.

Sedron
Title: The Light Priest
Description: A member of the group known as the Dark Legion, he is a master Lumomancer.

Azeran
Title: The Dark Overlord
Description: A member of the group known as the Dark Legion, he is a master Necromancer.

General Bael
Title: The Ekkardian Warlord
Description: A general hired to kill Siara and her friends while trying to retrieve the eight Exedra Orbs.

Idonia
A land of green grass and deep forests. Idonia is a land of peace and tranquility.

Polaris
The continent of vast polar snow tundras and high mountain peaks. Polaris isn't the best place to live in, but it is a big attraction to snow lovers.

Tairi Island
A tropical land located in the middle of Tameria. Tairi is a great place for vacations and tourist trips. The ancient trail known as Dirge's Pass is a symbol of the Thunder God himself.

Aganonn
A vast landscape of lakes and marshes. Aganonn is the oldest continent in all of Tameria. It has a lot of history, and dates back to the beginning of time.

Ekkard
A very civilized continent, home to the wealthiest families in Tameria. Almost every inch of Ekkard is full of visitors and citizens, all except the Stonemire Valley, a dangerous canyon full of beats and monsters.

Skylands
A floating continent sitting above Ekkard. The Skylands are connected to the Spiral Tower, a temple located in southeast Ekkard. This continent is one massive cloud where the Nobles of the world settle in.

Vandera
The grand continent of Tameria. It's a haven for worshipers of the divines. Vandera is home to some of the most historical ruins in the world. It is also home to the Emperor, the king of all kings.

Levas
The darkest continent in the world. Very few people visit this continent. It is home to the infamous Benhaven City, a town of very high tech devices and holder of the strongest army in Tameria. It is also home to the deadly Levas Desert.

---<Crafting Systems>---

Blacksmithing
Allows you to forge Weapons

Tailoring
Allows you to forge Armors

Alchemy
Allows you to craft recovery items

Misc. Crafting
Allows you to craft any other item

---<Skill Learning>---

Nowadays one cannot simply level up to gain skills.

Summoning Orbs

Siara can absorb souls from enemies and make them into orbs, once she has collected 5 orbs of the same monster soul, she learns that monster's special ability. Siara can also gain spells story-wise.

Elemanation

Joshua knows Elemental Spells, he can gain new spells story-wise or through purchasing new spells at an Elemanation Center. Each school has different types of spells. (Flame, Frost, Spark, Aqua, Earth, Wind, Light, and Dark.)

Skill Trainer

There are two Skill Trainer types, Sword Trainers and Gun Trainers. Sword Trainers are for Dilan and Gun Trainers are for Ariette. You can purchase new skills through these trainers, Dilan and Ariette can also gain skills story-wise.

---<Super Dungeons>---

Super Dungeons are massive areas of the game where the most story development takes place.

Serole Forest
The Super Dungeon of Idonia

Icicle Mountains
The Super Dungeon of Polaris

Dirge's Pass
The Super Dungeon of Tairi Island

Aganonn Swamp
The Super Dungeon of Aganonn

Stonemire Valley
The Super Dungeon of Ekkard

Peril Peaks
The Super Dungeon of The Skylands

Seeker's Path
The Super Dungeon of Vandera

Levas Desert
The Super Dungeon of Levas

---<Farming>---

Farming is used all across Tameria. You can farm minor healing items to crafting plants.

THE DEMO

Coming Soon...

==============================================

And this is all I have to offer. It took me an eternity to write all of this, so please do not ruin it. Updates will be coming soon. I'll see you then!

~Redeye~

Last edited by Redeye; 03-29-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.
Re: (New) Dark Legion VXA

My thoughts:

You've definitely put a lot more work than usual into the post itself, so I give you props for that.

Backstory is fairly interesting, but it's unclear how it relates your game, or the plot that the player will be playing.

Villains section is pointless - I still don't know a single thing about any of them, nor do I care. Sadly, I could say the same about the heroes. The descriptions as a whole are scant and in particular there is one single word in the whole section about any character's personality - "brave". It's not interesting that Character A's day job is to guard X town, you know what I mean? I've told you this before.

"The World" section is nifty, and an enjoyable read. The places sound fun by themselves (especially Tairi Island - very cool), but seem really scattershot. If you're having a hard time tying the setting together, which I sense from the fact that you're using the standard "theme park" kind of lands, consider going for a more lighthearted game that's driven more by exploration than by story. Otherwise, you are without a doubt going to have a hard time tying the middle parts of the story together. I've seen so many games blow up like this and it would be a shame to see it happen to you.

Features are easy to come up with and describe in a few sentences, but much harder to implement into a game. Be prepared to spend hundreds of hours on these without getting any further on "the plot". (If you check out my "Item Creation" thread, what's in there has taken over 50 hours of work, and it's very, very far from being even halfway complete.) Also be prepared to come to the realization that you may need to pare it down to fewer, more important features in order to ever get your game released. Anyway, what's there does sound good, and feel free to ask if you need some technical or design help around those.

Hope you've found this helpful, and good luck with development.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
Redeye

Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
My thoughts:

You've definitely put a lot more work than usual into the post itself, so I give you props for that.

Backstory is fairly interesting, but it's unclear how it relates your game, or the plot that the player will be playing.

Villains section is pointless - I still don't know a single thing about any of them, nor do I care. Sadly, I could say the same about the heroes. The descriptions as a whole are scant and in particular there is one single word in the whole section about any character's personality - "brave". It's not interesting that Character A's day job is to guard X town, you know what I mean? I've told you this before.

"The World" section is nifty, and an enjoyable read. The places sound fun by themselves (especially Tairi Island - very cool), but seem really scattershot. If you're having a hard time tying the setting together, which I sense from the fact that you're using the standard "theme park" kind of lands, consider going for a more lighthearted game that's driven more by exploration than by story. Otherwise, you are without a doubt going to have a hard time tying the middle parts of the story together. I've seen so many games blow up like this and it would be a shame to see it happen to you.

Features are easy to come up with and describe in a few sentences, but much harder to implement into a game. Be prepared to spend hundreds of hours on these without getting any further on "the plot". (If you check out my "Item Creation" thread, what's in there has taken over 50 hours of work, and it's very, very far from being even halfway complete.) Also be prepared to come to the realization that you may need to pare it down to fewer, more important features in order to ever get your game released. Anyway, what's there does sound good, and feel free to ask if you need some technical or design help around those.

Hope you've found this helpful, and good luck with development.
1. Thanks for the comment on the backstory, the game itself evovles around the child of omen. Jade was a child of omen, he was the fist to defeat the devourer. Ever since Jade died his descendants followed his path to reseal the Void, almost like a loop in history, but with different characters.

2. Thanks for the feedback. I honestly copied and pasted the hero descriptions from their info in the database. The villains will gain some importance once you get into the feel of the game, i'll try to update the profiles a bit more.

3. Well, the thing is, Tairi Island itself isn't what you would expect it to be. Yes it may be a tropical landscape, but remember darkness is again growing in the world and there would be more danger in my "theme park" areas than you would expect.

4. I know about all of that stuff, it's just that the more time you put into a game's features the better it is going to turn out, don't you think?

Anyways, thans for the feedback!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
Redeye

First off guys I am EXTREMELY sorry for not posting any news for the past month. My greatest apologies indeed. First I would like to clarify that progress has been immensely slow due to certain events and laziness. So now I only got like 20 minutes into the game itself, gameplay wise. I'll try to make up from the time I have used up doing other things than making this game.

First off I would like to say something, the major reason why progress is so slow is simply because I am getting very bored having to remake previous progress for the third time. The first time I only got to the beginning of Chapter 2, the second time I only got past the first dungeon, now i'm only at the first boss, and i'm getting even slower from there. Again I greatly apologize for the delay.

Now to make up for this, I am going to try and make some little fragments of progress every day from now until the release. I am going to cut off my Skyrim time, Minecraft time, and even Television and Youtube time just to make some decent progress into this game, which I am sworn to make under my previous failures. Now this does not include my Homework, School, Chore, and Eating times. I will try and do something to add on to this game when I have the free time. I have no deadline for when I am going to finish, but I suppose I should be able to release this game before the end of this year's Anything Goes contest, and make this an entry for it.

Despite my extreme grudge to get this done as soon as I can, I will still try to put as much detail and effort into this game even if I manage to complete it in a course of 6 months. I will do my best, and try to make this game as unique as possible, even when using some easy-to-use functions of VX Ace.

But... to end this post,i'll post my progress.

So far I only got passed the first boss, and I am heading for the first town. I will time myself to try and finish the Serole Forest level soon. So I will see you then.

MINOR THREAD UPDATE:

Removed Wordlock Disease from Disease list.

It appears that if I use any type of "Silence" status ailment in the game all of the spells used in this game cannot be used due to VX Ace's new Silence system. You have to choose the skill type for the ailment to seal, and whatever skill has the same Skill Type, it prevents it from being used, so if Siara is silenced, ALL of her spells including PHYSICAL SKILLS will be unusable.

So that is why I removed both Wordlock Disease, Silence, and Silence Curing Items from my database. Just a minor change.

Last edited by Redeye; 02-06-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Redeye

---Update---

Warning: Huge wall of text incoming

I FINALLY got back to where I left off in my last attempt. I FINALLY finished the first dungeon and town. I FINALLY delved into making some good character development. And I FINALLY finished the other features I needed to add in.

First off, I was able to make a pretty descent town in the middle of the forest. I made the shops, the inn, some houses, some treasure chests, etc. I was able to create at least 3 Small Sidequests. Maybe for other villages I could implement Large Sidequests that involve more than one objective. Basically, here are the sidequests I came up with...

1. You must find and return a certain item to a fellow townsman.
2. You must deliver an item to a townsman.
3. You must kill a monster that somehow got into somebody's house.
4. You must take back and item from a person and give it back to a townsman.
5. You must Craft and item for a townsman

Each gives you a nice reward such as...

1. A good amount of gold.
2. A good selection of items.
3. A special weapon.
4. A piece of armor.
5. Rarely a few Experience Points
6. Very Rarely All of the rewards listed above. (For only HUGE side quests)

Second, I finally made some story and character development. I made the quest where you have to rescue Joshua from the Serole Cavern alongside 3 elite guards. (As usual.)

The Serole Cavern itself turned out very good. I thought the mapping turned out to be beautiful. I made a few puzzles and a little secret area which involves a bit more work. Here are the puzzles so far...

1. A turn on the switch and an obstacle will vanish puzzle.
2. A turn on 2 switches and an obstacle will vanish puzzle.
3. A move the boulder obstacle puzzle.

It may be a bit boring at first, but in the future I plan to make more difficult, fun, and more interesting puzzles. As for the rest of the dungeon, I made 3 new enemies, implemented the "Capture souls to gain new spells" feature, and the various events that makes you trek further into the dungeon. Yes, including the guard deaths. I then made the second boss... you may be surprised about the jump from boss 1 to boss 2...

Boss 1: Over 700 Health.
Boss 2: Over 3,000 Health.

And yet even with over 3000 Health it still takes like a minute to kill the boss...

Maybe because you fight the boss at like Level 6...

Or maybe that I have a full set of improved equipment and fire spells... which the boss is weak to, making the battle easier...

Yeah, I guessed that making the boss weak to fire spells would make the battle easy. Or else the battle would take longer than before. And it would be annoying because then it would be double the healing spells and double the Magic Healing Item usage. Plus the boss has an Ice spell that can deal over 80 damage to you, while you have about 400 to 500 Health.

Oh what am I saying... the battle was perfectly balanced. What else is there to explain?

I just might upload a small teaser and show a bit of gameplay when I have the chance, too. I will also add screenshots to my updates if you guys want.

Once I completely finish the Serole Forest I will be about 40% done with Chapter One. Then that will make the entire game itself about 7% done. I have a long way to go, especially when I add a few bonus dungeons, optional bosses, and small secrets all over the place.

I'm trying to make the game as fully explorable as possible. Adding a few hidden areas and hard-to-reach treasure chests. Although you will be more into finishing the main story first, it would be best to explore all over the place before moving on to the next couple of places.

For example, You finished the Main Story for Chapter 1, and your trip to Chapter 2 awaits. It would be best to delve into unexplored areas before you move on, because if you move on, you will not be able to return until the last parts of the game. So be extra careful.

And so i'm almost done with Serole Forest, I've got about 20% of it to go, when i'm done with that, i'll let you guys know.

That is all.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

Good job getting back to where you were before you lost your data. Now back it up, because you know what heartbreak it would be to lose it again!

Screenshots are definitely a good idea. Find the places, the systems, the writing, the everything that you're the most proud of, and show it off!

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
Redeye

Alright guys, now i'm going to start uploading my new...

Weekly Screenshot Dump!

Every week I will try and upload as many screenshots of my game as possible until I massively break both photoshop and this thread with never ending photos until I finish it up. (Obviously not true, but you get my point.)

And btw, sorry for burying any other threads before this. I've decided that i'm going to do these Screenshot Dumps every Monday or so, with few exceptions.

So, without further ado, let's bring in the moola.

A dark and grim castle sitting ashore in the dark wastelands of Levas...

A very nice and relaxing beach which you've obviously seen before in my previous efforts.

The almighty Super Dungeon of Serole Forest, only one screenie of this today, but there's more to come next week.

The peaceful Farlore Village, while this screenshot only shows about 1/2 of the map itself it still points out that this village will be fun to explore.

The dark and spooky Serole Caverns await you as you accept the quest to rescue Joshua from the lowest depths of the underground nest.

Hmm... this area looks complicated... a puzzle perhaps?

And finally our last screenie of the day. The last parts of the Serole Cavern as you near your destination.

Well, that's it for this week. Stay tuned next Monday for another Weekly Screenshot Dump!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Hey, you created these tile-by-tile? They're really good! Tons better than your maps from Seige.

A couple suggestions:

1) Consider taking screenshots from Test Play rather than the Editor for areas where there are a lot of events. The gray boxes, and moreso the half-characters that appear in some of them, are jarring. (The tradeoff, I guess, is that test play might show less of the map at a time.)

2) Maybe others will feel differently, but I still feel that you're putting too many flowers, weeds, and rocks down at random on maps like the beach and forest. Too many makes the map feel littered rather than alive.

3) Try to create different levels of height on maps like the beach map. The big square cliff in the middle looks unrealistic for it. You can ignore this advice in straight-up dungeons like Serole Cave if you want, since it's more important to lead the player down a certain path, but for wide-open areas like the beach, it shouldn't look boxy.

Aside from that, you've done a really nice job; the design and atmosphere are good all around, and I'm impressed.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
Redeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
Hey, you created these tile-by-tile? They're really good! Tons better than your maps from Seige.
Word in bold so you realize your little mistake there. (Edit by Wave: wasn't my mistake; the title of your thread is still "Seige"!)

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Yes I did make the maps tile by tile, for every map I made so far.

1. Yes I do realize that the Test Play mode is much better than Editor mode when taking screenshots. I'm going to try and do that from now on. Perhaps then I could show the menu screen and the battle screen as well...

2. They might be a BIT cluttered, but the more detail the better, right? I mean if there is more random details it makes the map feel a bit realistic.

3. Leveling the exterior parts? I'm pretty sure beaches have some sort of rocky hills in the water... but anyways, i'll try to make the height more balanced.

Oh, and iv'e got a short update.

I may plan to do revisions on some Status Ailments, especially the diseases. It seems that the Parameter Dropping diseases can be easily provoked by Parameter Buffs, and they are easily replaceable by normal debuffs, so i'm going to remove some diseases and come up with new ones. I.e. Health Degen diseases, Magic Degen diseases, possibly even more complex and compound diseases.

I might be adding more Status Ailments to go along with these diseases. I.e. Elemental Weaknesses, where you are inflicted with the ailment and you are weak against [Element], like with Flame Weakness, it makes you weak to Fire attacks.

I could be adding much more ailments like a sort of, "Hypnosis" ailment which makes you attack anything, including allies and enemies. Possibly a "Magic Barb" ailment which Degens Magic. And so on and so forth.

I am going to revise on some dialog, because some parts of text could be a bit cheesy at times.

But yeah, that's it for now. In a few days i'll make a larger update, so until then, that is all.

Last edited by Wavelength; 02-12-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small trees

Wavelength is right, there's too much stuff on the maps.

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #11
Redeye

Hello people... I've brought some more screenies for you!

Sorry i'm a tad bit late for this, but here they are...

I actually forgot to post an image of a title screen. So here you are.

Another image of the Serole Forest. A nice and relaxing river alongside a large hill. (I took Wave's advice for Height Layers and A Tad Bit Less Detail)

Here is an image of the Serole Bridge, the landmark connecting the Serole Forest and Idonia together.

A quick look at the Menu. A straightforward window texture with a few tweaks to the options.

Hey guys! I FINALLY FINISHED SEROLE FOREST! Here is a peek at Idonia, the first continent, and part 1 of the entire world!

Here's a look at the Bestiary, a script I added when making the game. This part shows information on the Third Boss Battle. Pretty high Health, am I right?

Here's the last picture of the day... a look at the battle system! I've implemented custom battler sprites from a guy named Thalzon over at the RPG Maker official website forums. He's a good graphic designer, I tell you.

So that is the end of this week's Screenshot Dump. Again, sorry for the late post. So this basically became my update. Yeah, i'm done with the Serole Forest at last.

But next Monday we'll finally get into some deeper updates for the game. I'm planning to work on this project for the rest of the vacation.

Until next time.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
Redeye

I'll probably get a Snapshot update in tomorrow, but for now, here's a teaser video.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #13
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Keep up the good work, Redeye!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #14
Redeye

Small Update:

Aside from the fact I made an entirely new system of obtaining items, progress on Dark Legion has been very dull lately. I missed 2 weeks of development and all I got done were a few maps in the city and some corresponding side quests.

I'm not sure if I can progress with the main story line at this rate. I've been extremely busy with school, friends, family, changes to the game features, etc.

I had to make yet another hour-and-a-half test run through the entire game again just because I added a few new scripts, mostly for menu organization and options.

And now i'm looking forward to doing that again, because i'm trying to find a way to upgrade the character's perks. But until then, i'll try to make descent progress.

Anyways, because of the minor changes, I can't upload any screen shots today, probably over this weekend or next Monday i'll try to do something about this delay in work. In the future i'll try to make up my slow progress, finish up the side quests, finish the rest of the city, and make some good story progress. I'd might as well get started tomorrow, because this is going to be a long week.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #15
Redeye

Update:

I don't really have much time for the day, but I made some progress.

I finished all of the maps for Ladio City, except for the castle. I finished the majority of side quests, and made some main quest developments.

Currently, I am making missions for the Ladio Academy, the place where we meet our third party member. So far, I'm making the next dungeon; The Hall of Vines. Here you will have to obtain the Vine Amulet in order to progress through your trials for the Warrior's Badge.

I've also provided some decent rewards once you complete them:

Trial 1: Crowd Control... Trial Progression
Trial 2: Hall of Vines... Trial Progression, Vine Amulet
Trial 3: Street Sweeping... Warrior's Badge, Leveled Gold, 3rd Party Member

Crowd Control, Take on and defeat two rounds of Duskirs. 8 Duskirs per wave.
Hall of Vines, Search for the Vine Amulet in the ruin of thorns.
Street Sweeping, Track down criminals in Ladio and bring them to justice.

And that is what iv'e done so far involving the main story.

Oh, and i've also made a unique item, a Level Sphere.

Basically, when a Level Sphere is used, it increases the entire party's level by 1. It may be a bit OP, but it could be your greatest chance to get to a high level when you're about to fight some tough battles.

So that is all I have. I'll make another report once I get some more things done.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #16
Redeye

Okay! Time for a short and sweet update, nothing too special of course.

I luckily backed up my game in a flash drive before my dad reset the computer. As in, completely delete everything on the computer and restore it to positive status. Why? Because the computer started to slow down greatly and became the most suckish computer ever, so I had to reboot it, and now everything is back to normal, looking like the computer came right out of the box 3 or 4 years ago.

So yeah, the computer is rebooted and now it's fast and threat free. I restored all of my VX Ace data with my flash drive, restored my VX Ace program with my Physical Copy I got for Christmas, and now i'm perfectly fine. Nothing from Dark Legion was permanently deleted, I did not lose my progress, everything is the way it's supposed to be. Besides, I guess Steam just made everything worse.

Now i'm just sticking with Google Chrome and my library of the holy Bookmarks Bar, which is why I never have to type URLs again when going to sites like these, and everything else I backed up in my Flash Drive. (RPG Maker VX Ace data and a couple of pictures)

Now game making is going to be much faster and easier, even though it took almost the entire day to reboot my computer. (Started around 10:00 AM and ended around 8:00 PM) So, i'll be posting updates on my game when I have the chance.

Until next time, i'm going to get myself a bowl of Ice cream...
Old 03-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #17
Big Country
h i g h q u a l i t y

Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).Big Country can torture Jack Bauer to death (and keep him there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
I'll probably get a Snapshot update in tomorrow, but for now, here's a teaser video.

Get fraps or something man.
Big Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
Redeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
Get fraps or something man.
Yeah... or at least a free camera system.

I'm not sure yet, but something that doesn't cost anything.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
Redeye

I have planned something out.

My first milestone has been set!

I will try to achieve this milestone over break!

MILESTONE: Complete Chapter One.
DEADLINE: Over Spring Vacation.
EXACT DEADLINE: In about 4, 5, or 6 days at least, early April.
GAME PROGRESSION ESTIMATE: Around 4 to 5 hour long game play time.

GPE; Amount of game play time it will take for you to beat the chapter at least. To achieve this length, you must play the chapter 100%, or at least completing most of the side quests, and obtaining all secrets. NOTE: Secret Dungeons cannot be accessible until later, so Secret Dungeons do not count during game play time.

Currently I am 3 hours in, and i'm at the Third dungeon. Enemy HP levels are getting to the 1000s, and boss HP levels are nearing 10,000 already. The next boss coming up will have around 8,000 HP, plus a little help from his friends, making the boss entirely have around 10,000. I'm just starting with this game, and already it's starting to get fairly difficult.

I'm afraid I might even get a game over from my own game, but it happens. I'm serious, one enemy has 3000 HP, a regular enemy, and you'll have to fight multiple troops of him.

But currently, i'm in the middle of making a dungeon. So the future plans may have to wait. After that dungeon, it's a Bonus Area, more Story Development, the 3rd Town, and the final dungeon, plus 2 more boss battles to come. I'm going to add more side quests, and a Secret Boss in one of them. I will also plan to introduce the 4th party member soon. But those are my plans for the milestone, so when I reach this milestone, i'll notify you.

Until then...

IMPORTANT EDIT:
I totally forgot! Once I reach this milestone, I will release a Demo as soon as I can!! It will involve all 5 hours of Chapter One! Be ready, because i'm going to turn into Flash when i'm done! This demo will probably not knock your socks off, but it's a much bigger improvement than my original demo, it only showed two hours of Serole Forest. This time it'll show everything I have to offer in this chapter. Though unfortunately you can't access the Secret Dungeon, that will have to be done in the full game.

So, get ready, because when I finish my milestone, i'll be posting a demo as soon as possible.

Last edited by Redeye; 03-27-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #20
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small treesRyner sleeps with small trees

HP is relative and bringing up the HP of your enemies and bosses is completely pointless. Find other things to talk about.

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is offline   Reply With Quote