RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > Front Desk > News Forum

Old 08-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
RPG Maker VX Character Creation Tool

Famitsu updated their site last month with an RPG Maker VX character creation tool. It's really self-explanatory when you see it. it helps you make the chibi characters that the title uses. Personally, I think they're ugly as sin, but for those of you who use VX and use the chibi characters, this could come in handy. assemble your character and hit the button under the preview image to save it, then just import it into RPG Maker VX.

http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/tool/chibi/index1.html

The engine for this comes from the RPG Maker XP character creation tool here.

Last edited by Valkysas; 08-18-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Duel
CHINA DON'T CARE

Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.Duel ate spaghettini once.
Re: RPG Maker VX Character Creation Tool

Woohoo.

Duel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
Excelryu
Pavilionite

Excelryu is on a distinguished road

I wonder why they didn't add this since the beginning to the actual program. RPG Maker has always lacked a character creation tool in every single version. In computer you can just create your own with some art skills but in consoles you have to work with what you have or edit the colors. If all the people were composed of interchangeable parts which we could switch for others. Take a cool body and then switch his hairstyle for the one you want. I wonder why they still haven't implemented something like that.

I really hope the maker series on consoles don't die. The 360 seems like a good option if they incorporate it with XNA like the action maker that is coming.

Excelryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

Welcome back!

and yeah, I don't understand why these character creators are put on websites, rather than in the software itself. it doesnt make any sense at all. yeah, they're fan-made, but if some random fans can do it within the confines of a webpage, enterbrain could easily do it in the RPG Maker software itself. and they could do it better, too. looking at RPG Maker XP's assortment of people, just imagine if all those parts of their outfits were parts piled into an editor like the one at looseleaf. that would be AWESOME. you wouldnt see characters across multiple RPGs all looking alike, either.

it's sad that they can't take the initiative to do something like that on their own.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
Excelryu
Pavilionite

Maybe we should recommend it to them. The RPG Makers have always been tools with a lot of potential. There a lot they could learn from other developers. Even game developers themselves are taking the route to giving gamers a chance to create their own content. Soul Calibur IV with its awesome character creator mode, Little Big Planet which might be a stop for many of us with PS3s. If enterbrain can just learn from their partners they can improve so much. Imagine a user friendly rpg maker made alike to Little Big Planet. It would attract new users for its simplicity.

I apologize for my inactivity. There has been a lot going on my life. I'll keep more updated now that you finally established a rss feed. My rss aggregator program is set to start up so any news you make will be in my daily tray.

Last edited by Excelryu; 09-13-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
Goufunaki
Bah!

Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.Goufunaki enjoys beefs.

I like this simple editor. Would have neat to have something like this in RPGM2.
Goufunaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
Excelryu
Pavilionite

I just finished using the character creator. I was impressed when I was able to finish a identical version of my drawn character from my story. My character has a ponytail on his back and he has a eyepatch sealing his cursed eye. He always wears a red scarf around. All of them were available on the creator. Thanks Valks. You saved me from having to get my hands dirty doing a badly drawn sprite. It has a few awesome options and it can surely be updated to have more options.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
Rtoons
Pavilionite

Rtoons is on a distinguished road

I really just want the 'parts' they used, say the hair and the suits.
Because I have the same thing, only a little more basic, on my computer and its just lacking the 'bits' and its hard to find other 'parts' because I don't know the proper name for what they are.
Rtoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
ttrain427
Pavilionite

ttrain427 is on a distinguished road

I tried using it, but it only let me use a partial image of the character on rpg maker vx, can someone help me with this?

Last edited by ttrain427; 03-27-2011 at 09:32 PM.
ttrain427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #10
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Partial, how? Like, what's showing up? You're using VX, so you used the first link, right? Not the second link to the XP character creator?

Last edited by Valkysas; 03-27-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #11
ttrain427
Pavilionite

Yes I used the first link, I save the image on my computer and then import it into my vx resource file, but when I try to select it it will only select the left or right side of one of his positions.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

I wish I could help, but I have no idea what the problem could be.

Maybe ask in our VX Workshop forum? or even RPGM General? RPGM general would probably get more attention, faster.

Last edited by Valkysas; 03-28-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #13
ttrain427
Pavilionite

thx
Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
lemonairable
Pavilionite

lemonairable is a fairly shiny person.
Question Re: RPG Maker VX Character Creation Tool

About that XP character creation tool...
How do you save your character once it's done?
Whenever I try to copy the image, I just get nothing.
lemonairable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #15
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

print screen, paste into an image editor, and crop it.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #16
Wolfbbanez
Awesome

Wolfbbanez is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: RPG Maker VX Character Creation Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrain427 View Post
I tried using it, but it only let me use a partial image of the character on rpg maker vx, can someone help me with this?
Ye i can help. Ok when you click the download button under the picture of you made sprite, when saving put infront of the (i think its) image.png put a $ sign infrount like this $image.png im peritty sure this works
Wolfbbanez is offline   Reply With Quote