RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker XP & VX Games and Demos

Old 04-06-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
Iarudam
Pavilionite

Iarudam is made out of valuable stones!
DIVIDED INFINITY

OVERVIEW

Divided Infinity is a story told from the perspective of the universe, it follows a dangerous common element throughout time, and shows what this has done to effect the lives of the people throughout history.

Three separate main casts of characters based in the past, present and future.
Plus other perspectives altogether, the progression system is built from the ground up specifically for Divided Infinity. The story is told freely without being bogged down by a restrictive progression system and vise-versa as the progression system titled (EASS) is built with the nature of the story in mind.

The gameplay uses a custom side-view battle system built around using various player built combos.

STORY
A story spanning many perspectives and areas of time, told before and after death.
it follows a common element throughout history and chronicles it's growth.

From the past, to the present, to the days of the distant future, many lives come to a close as this story marches ever onward.

Filled with themes of humanity, the story proudly where's that patch on its sleeve through and through, with all the good and the bad.

PRESENT CAST

Sullan Miller
Information

Sullan is a quiet boy that oftentimes gets lost in the mazes of his own mind, he thinks rather than speaks most of the time. He's not very liked by his peers for nothing other than his sheer silence and refusal to open up to those around him. Despite this, Sullan is very kind and polite to those around him when he is forced to speak up. Sullan is quite trained in the medical field, some saying because of his father's status as a surgeon, though he doesn't particularly even like medical work oddly enough. Sullan believes in a higher power of some kind and ponders it quite a bit, but doubts his beliefs as much as he holds them. Sullan has no held belief system but is always looking to learn of them, his sexuality is straight, but he learns towards the more a-sexual side.

Shella Sear
Information

Shella lives and supports her younger brother by herself. She runs an Evening Cafe Diner called "Eclipse Cafe". Shella is quite headstrong but for good reason, she's quite capable. She's the "queen" of her drama club and an excellent actress. Shella is a firm Atheist and is openly bi-sexual.

Gerone Crator
Information

Gerone Crator is a nerd, and he loves that ****. If anyone else doesn't love that **** he hits them. He was once bullied in high school until all the crap Gerone was talking about knowing Kung-fu turned out to be true. While obnoxious at times (most times) and ignorant to the bigger things in the world around him, he's a very loyal friend and if you can put up with his mouth and volume, he'll put up with you plus some. Gerone is of Agnostic belief and his sexuality is straight.

Nima Longshore
Information

Nima is one of the four main characters in present day, she's very stern on some subjects an very easy going on others. She dates around a lot and often has bad times choosing good men. She enjoys karaoke, doodling and studying child psychology and early child development. Nima is of Christian belief and her sexuality is straight.

Rose
Information

Rose is a young girl that is fascinated with stars. She claims to one day catch a star of her own. Rose is bright and over-energetic and dreams of becoming a famous singer one day. Rose will regularly sing by the beach on clear nights, but she's honestly not too good yet.

Atsu Aye
Information

Atsu is a traveler that's looking for his run away sister, Emily. Atsu is very kind and understanding of other people, he very easily makes friends with most of the party.

Soledad
Information

Soledad is a person only Sullan can see. The day his mother died, he began seeing Soledad and having regular conversations with her. Soledad's true purpose or origins are unknown. It is also unknown if she even exists outside of Sullan's head or not.

SCREENSHOTS
*** SPOILERS ***

*** END SPOILERS ***

PROGRESSION
EASS: (Exocosm Anamnesis Shell System)
Individual characters themselves do not level up themselves or gain stats, instead this is done in the form of various "Shells".

Shells are a part of a universal inventory, so regardless of where the story jumps, which characters you control, or even what era of time you're in...the shells will always be with you, and your development of them will never halt. According to the lore, these Shells are formations of human memories that form after an individuals death. More insight into how new Shells are created will come at the end of the demo if you guys want to check that out! More shells will be acquired as the game progresses.

So how exactly does a Shell gain power? Well, when fought with in battle, the Shells gain Shell Points or SP.
Then you can begin learning the skills on each Shell's individual skill web.

Fill in all the skills and stat boosts on an Anamnesis Shell and it will become an Anamnesis Core. Let's get more into that.

Anamnesis Shells come from a person, they are formations of a deceased person's memory data -- more specifically their desire to be understood by others. Transforming a shell into a core renders this wish fulfilled. But you don't just complete the skill nodes on it's web.

Shell Stories
When a Shell becomes complete, its story is unlocked -- these are called "Shell Stories" You will play a whole scenario following the persons life up until their death. It can be of a life highlighting event, or even an overall life story. These Shell Stories have original writers, artists, self contained stories (sometimes) tying into the bigger picture, sometime not. These Shell Stories can also happen all throughout time and you may fall into any country, time, or persons life when starting one. Most have full dungeons, parties, and a whole unique story to complete.

Upon completing the Shell Story of the corresponding Shell it will become a core.
Cores have all their abilities powered up, the person with the core equipped will gain battle quotes from it's character and...keeping some cores on your field character may just lead to some present day resolution for its story. If you're in the right place that is. The full game has a total of 30 Shells.

Gameplay

Gameplay in Divided Infinity is done in the form of a custom side view battle system, with custom animations to fit inside of that. There are four person parties and members may be swapped out in real time.

Other skills will chain from regular attacks allowing combos to be formed up to the players choice.

Original Soundtrack
Complete with a large, original, heartfelt soundtrack to accompany its large story script. Divided Infinity draws the talent of three music Composers from the United States, Sweden and France into the mix. Each delivering a piece to our score that only they could have.

TRACK LIST

"Christophe Blondel"
00 - The Starsea Of Infinity (Main Theme)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J70dy8gyHFQ

01 - The Lost Crow (Sullan's Theme)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R-uhV9so2U

02 - Soldiers Of Infinity (Normal Battle) ~Future~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-rQyqx1neY[/youtube]

03 - Cry Of Infinity (Normal Boss) ~Present~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc_0KqPEa5M

04 - Encycle Freelands (Field #1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSxzYJi099M

05 - Stone Sunset (Cephas Town)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TRexmpVLok

"Martin Barreby"
06 - Screams & Echoes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVgSNPJ0CC0

07 - Requiem Of The Wolves (Sullan Normal Battle)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA_53-kgrhg

08 - Lux Revelare (TA Boss)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Ot0Ui1ueM

09 - Heart Of Bronze (Serenity's Theme)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xipwB-8djIQ

10 - Sunshade Village
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOhvigAYsJo

"Real Faction"
11 - Angle Garden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPXdNIa0C

12 - Bloody Violin (Normal Battle Serenity)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ty-YpjXuDg

13 - Brilliant Orion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uCxBfOCA3s

14 - The Courageous Deer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhZrpqKaPkc

15 - Flamin' Toginye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8Tx8fKKmY

PLAYABLE DEMOS
Demo #1 - PROLOGUE II: The Anomaly
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b2...II+Demo%5D.rar

Demo #2 - PROLOGUE III: Absolute Point
This is a long three + hour demo and has sprite animations for battle needed before it can release.

Demo #3 - Curiosity Shell Story: Amity De Vier
Amity De Vier is a Shell story, it's roughly an hour and a half long, it will be released as a Shell Story demo.

Demo #4 (final): Verse I Full feature Demo
This is another long Demo, it will showcase everything in unison working, free use of Four Shells with stories attached, village customization, village heart system, will showcase the first "Anamnesis" Verse which will be common throughout the game and is a pretty well rounded showcasing of Divided Infinity.

CREDITS
Writer & Director: Jacob Caro
Character Designers: Melody Brown, Matthew Bradley, Mimimin
Music Composers: Christophe Blondel, Martin Barreby, Real Faction
Main Programmer: Galv

Last edited by Iarudam; 04-20-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Iarudam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:36 PM   #2
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.
Re: DIVIDED INFINITY

Looks beautiful!! I plan to check it out this month.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:33 AM   #3
TheHonorableRyu
Face it straight!

TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.

It's looking great, very nice production values. But it appears that the Mediafire link for the prologue is no longer working.
TheHonorableRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Iarudam
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonorableRyu View Post
It's looking great, very nice production values. But it appears that the Mediafire link for the prologue is no longer working.
Demo link has been updated!
Old 04-22-2015, 04:17 AM   #5
TheHonorableRyu
Face it straight!

TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.

Played the prologue demo for a little bit. The voice acting and battle animations are very nice.

Unfortunately I ran into a game-breaking bug after a few minutes. This error message popped up while Verge was doing a standard attack:

Will spend more time with the demo later.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:11 AM   #6
Iarudam
Pavilionite

Quote:
Played the prologue demo for a little bit. The voice acting and battle animations are very nice.

Unfortunately I ran into a game-breaking bug after a few minutes. This error message popped up while Verge was doing a standard attack:

Will spend more time with the demo later.
Battle system crash is random, only happens sometimes.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:46 AM   #7
TheHonorableRyu
Face it straight!

Well, I think someone on your team should look into fixing it.

I didn't find a save point before the game crashed, and the save menu option was not selectable, so the game crashing makes me have to start the demo over from the beginning. Honestly, the knowledge that the game crashed the first time I tried to play it and wasted my time, and might randomly crash again any moment during a battle, makes me want to spend time with other games instead. Game crashes like these aren't truly "random"; there are causes for these things.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:11 AM   #8
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

Just tried the demo too and got the bug on my very first battle. If it helps, I was alternating between keyboard and mouse input (and got the bug during what I think was a tech after using mouse input).

I then tried again and decided, okay, I'll just save really frequently. But you're not letting me Save! This is a really bad idea for a demo that you know to be relatively unstable. On your next demo, even if you think it's stable, just let the player save anywhere. It's not the full game yet; you don't need to worry about challenge or minor balance issues.

I ended up making it past the first few battles, and getting to watch the first major dialogue scene, which I thought was really intriguing. But right after the initial dialogue about Rustbird's activities (very shortly after the "natural tan" line), I got the following error:

Quote:
Script 'Yami Pop Text line 324: NoMethodError occured.

Undefined method 'screen_y' for nil:NilClass
This error usually means that you're trying to work with a property (in this case screen_y) on an instanced object that doesn't exist. Maybe it thought it was going to work with a "pop text" object, but that object had never been created or made accessible (using the attr_accessor line).

Well, I'm definitely not going to give it a third go if I can't save. I find it frustrating, because I do want to see more, but you guys need to find a few friends to help you find the initial crashes, fix them, and then release a demo to the public. This is a really bad first impression, which is a shame because I think it's going to be a good game and it's obvious you guys put a ton of effort into it.

A few suggestions based on the first 15 minutes with your game:

The graphics are pretty nice overall but the interface is lacking in parts. The light blue text on white background for battle windows made it hard to read - a sleek, dark, vaguely futuristic/mechanical-looking background would do a world of good for those windows.

The control (both mouse and keyboard) seemed very finicky in menus and sometimes in interacting with events - maybe because of lag? Often I'd click something and nothing would happen. And also, often, I'd try to scroll up or down and it would either go nowhere or ultra-fast. I noticed my frame rate bouncing around on the maps between 40 and 55 FPS, with 60 only on the menus. I didn't get a chance to see the FPS in battle.

Battles (and especially animations) falt very slow - I tend to be a "make everything faster" kind of gamer, but I do think you have a big area for improvement here.

Finally, get a good copy-editor. The ideas behind the dialogue are great, and so far very intriguing, but it's clear English isn't the writer's first language (even though it's better than most foreign language speakers' attempts that I've seen). As examples, in that first major dialogue, it's "Should have" not "Should of", and "Household Appliances" not "Utensils".

Most importantly, just make sure you find and eliminate ALL of the crashing bugs! No matter how "good" your game is, no matter how much effort you've poured into it... it's worthless if people can't play it. It's apparent that you're using a lot of scripts, but you need to be careful about using multiple scripts that you don't understand the inner workings of, because when they combine they often create game-breaking bugs or crash the entire program.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

Last edited by Wavelength; 05-03-2015 at 02:51 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:55 AM   #9
Iarudam
Pavilionite

Quote:
Well, I think someone on your team should look into fixing it.

I didn't find a save point before the game crashed, and the save menu option was not selectable, so the game crashing makes me have to start the demo over from the beginning. Honestly, the knowledge that the game crashed the first time I tried to play it and wasted my time, and might randomly crash again any moment during a battle, makes me want to spend time with other games instead. Game crashes like these aren't truly "random"; there are causes for these things.
Well of course, it's not as if it isn't being looked into.
It's just lately reported because many didn't experience it.

Last edited by Iarudam; 05-04-2015 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:10 AM   #10
Iarudam
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
Just tried the demo too and got the bug on my very first battle. If it helps, I was alternating between keyboard and mouse input (and got the bug during what I think was a tech after using mouse input).

I then tried again and decided, okay, I'll just save really frequently. But you're not letting me Save! This is a really bad idea for a demo that you know to be relatively unstable. On your next demo, even if you think it's stable, just let the player save anywhere. It's not the full game yet; you don't need to worry about challenge or minor balance issues.

I ended up making it past the first few battles, and getting to watch the first major dialogue scene, which I thought was really intriguing. But right after the initial dialogue about Rustbird's activities (very shortly after the "natural tan" line), I got the following error:

This error usually means that you're trying to work with a property (in this case screen_y) on an instanced object that doesn't exist. Maybe it thought it was going to work with a "pop text" object, but that object had never been created or made accessible (using the attr_accessor line).

Well, I'm definitely not going to give it a third go if I can't save. I find it frustrating, because I do want to see more, but you guys need to find a few friends to help you find the initial crashes, fix them, and then release a demo to the public. This is a really bad first impression, which is a shame because I think it's going to be a good game and it's obvious you guys put a ton of effort into it.

A few suggestions based on the first 15 minutes with your game:

The graphics are pretty nice overall but the interface is lacking in parts. The light blue text on white background for battle windows made it hard to read - a sleek, dark, vaguely futuristic/mechanical-looking background would do a world of good for those windows.

The control (both mouse and keyboard) seemed very finicky in menus and sometimes in interacting with events - maybe because of lag? Often I'd click something and nothing would happen. And also, often, I'd try to scroll up or down and it would either go nowhere or ultra-fast. I noticed my frame rate bouncing around on the maps between 40 and 55 FPS, with 60 only on the menus. I didn't get a chance to see the FPS in battle.

Battles (and especially animations) falt very slow - I tend to be a "make everything faster" kind of gamer, but I do think you have a big area for improvement here.

Finally, get a good copy-editor. The ideas behind the dialogue are great, and so far very intriguing, but it's clear English isn't the writer's first language (even though it's better than most foreign language speakers' attempts that I've seen). As examples, in that first major dialogue, it's "Should have" not "Should of", and "Household Appliances" not "Utensils".

Most importantly, just make sure you find and eliminate ALL of the crashing bugs! No matter how "good" your game is, no matter how much effort you've poured into it... it's worthless if people can't play it. It's apparent that you're using a lot of scripts, but you need to be careful about using multiple scripts that you don't understand the inner workings of, because when they combine they often create game-breaking bugs or crash the entire program.
The crash outside of battle is newly reported, thank you. We'll look into that.

The window skin was also vastly claimed to be an eyesore, while some saying to keep the clean white look but do something with the text. We're thinking of a silvery background instead.

As for the crashes, we had around 5 team members play it with no crashes except the one battle crash, which happened once for us then we couldn't get it to happen again.

I'm wondering if it's due to specific input use or computers. But, also we are losing a lot of custom scripting, like you said. They are bound to mix weird as times. Luckily we have a very talented script-er on board so it'll be fixed.

Either way, we'll figure it out.

I had a reason for not adding a savepoint, -- I wanted that demo experienced as a whole, but with so many getting that nasty random battle bug, I suppose that's a no-go.

We'll either fix it concretely (as possible without public testing) or enable saving in a demo update.

I personally never have frame rate dips besides for the encyclopedia, which is being re-coded to work better. I'll investigate the map events, but FPS seem to vary vastly between computers for a multitude of reasons.

Anyways, appreciate the play!

It's hard to test within a team, we know where to go, which order is best, what is where, there are things we naturally don't do since we /know/ where things are.

So this demo releasing is was still a necessary thing in my eyes because we clearly found neither of those bugs in our multiple play-throughs.

But thanks for everyone who played, either wait for us to update the demo, or try again with a few things in mind if you wish.

>Proceed through "Encycle-pedia" text updates slowly.
>Only use items, healing, or regular attacks in battle.
>Only scroll down the "terms" tab of the "Encycle-pedia"

It's what we've gathered. An update shouldn't be too far off.

Oh, and animations for the battles are definitely not up to our standard, they're being smoothed/sped up. A little of both.
It was actually our spriters for attempt at big battlers animated.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:13 AM   #11
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

It's possible that along the way files or objects were automatically created by the scripts that would allow the scripts to find an object when they needed one rather than crash. Always smart to compress the project and try it on a computer that hasn't been used to build the game (perhaps you already did this).

And like you said, as the game makers you know where to go and what to do. It's a good idea to find a few friends to "alpha test" your demo for you before you put it out there publicly so they can run into this type of stuff. I'm very glad that I could help you find something that you hadn't discovered, but doing so hurt my interest in trying anything further, because I cannot be confident it will "work" from start to finish.

Always allow saving in demos - not just at save points but anywhere if possible. I admire the goal of "experience it in one session", but even if the demo is 100% stable... what if there's a thunderstorm and I need to shut down my computer, or a power outage shuts it for me? What if I accidentally close the game or hit F12 (I have actually done this before)? What if I (God forbid) lose a random battle? This will kill the player's interest in your game.

I have a six-year-old computer that was very powerful at the time I bought it, so now it's probably middle-of-the-line or slightly below. I have AMD Athlon II (X4 630) quad-core processors, 6 GB of RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 5700 series graphics card, if that helps. Most of my games run at 58-60 FPS unless I load a map with 150+ events, so (unless you also have a lot of events on the map, which does create lag even if they're just decorations) it's very possible that some of your scripts are interacting with the update sequence in Scene_Map and slowing things down a little.

Anyhow, thanks for responding, I do hope this advice helps, and definitely keep us updated on your game, ok?