RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker General

Old 09-13-2017, 04:18 AM   #1
Deeth Irteen
Darkness is the truth

Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.
Anti-Frustration Features

One thing I can't stand in RPGs with turn-based battle systems is the following: A party member is Ko'd, so I revive them. However, before I get the chance to heal them, a monster attacks that party member, and they're KO'd immediately.

So, in my RPG Maker VX Ace project, I've decided that all items/skills that revive fallen party members also give them a state called "Hit-Me-Not". For one turn, the revived party member's Target Rate is reduced to 0, giving you a chance to save them.

Quote:
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
-Walt Disney
Deeth Irteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:03 AM   #2
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

MetalKingTonberry is a fairly shiny person.
Re: Anti-Frustration Features

I remember this being a big problem with RPGM1, since revived characters only get 1 HP back and there's no way to change that.

Thankfully, this isn't a problem with RPGM FES since reviving characters fully restores their HP.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:14 PM   #3
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.

I believe that won't protect them but enemy skills that target randomly. And obviously they are still susceptible to skills that damage all, so be aware if you're using any such skills.

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
Deeth Irteen
Darkness is the truth

Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryner View Post
I believe that won't protect them but enemy skills that target randomly. And obviously they are still susceptible to skills that damage all, so be aware if you're using any such skills.
I suppose those things are true. Still, I'd rather a slightly higher chance of saving them than praying they're not immediately killed again.

Quote:
-Walt Disney
Old 09-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #5
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.

You could also set them to Immortal for a turn, which should keep them alive no mater what.

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #6
Deeth Irteen
Darkness is the truth

That works too, I guess.

Quote:
-Walt Disney