RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Video Games

Old 07-25-2017, 06:24 AM   #5041
Hrafn
Valhallanite

Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.
Re: Unofficially Official What are you Playing

I played that one a bit after getting free from Games With Gold. I am inclined to agree. I definitely have felt no pull to go back, and when I eventually fill up the hard drive it will be the first head to roll to make space.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #5042
GLM
1989 POLOCOM

GLM is a glorious beacon of light

My friend convinced me to play Let It Die, which I had ignored as F2P garbage.

I was wrong, Senpai. It's totally sick and oozing Grasshopper Manufacture charm. I hope it doesn't turn into a brutal slog without premium content, but I'm sure it will.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:59 PM   #5043
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
I <3 foxes

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is a fairly shiny person.

Currently been playing Grand Kingdom, Resident Evil 2, Shiren the Wanderer, and Atelier Totori off of my PSVITA. I might get Splatoon 2, and Fate/Extella for my Nintendo Switch.
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:31 PM   #5044
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
I <3 foxes

Just bought Fate/Extella for my Nintendo Switch and it's good! Pretty good game! It's a mixture of a hack and slash "Warriors" like game (similar to Dynasty Warriors, and Samurai Warriors), and a visual novel. The story is good, and I like the gameplay. There's only 16 playable characters (I wish there were more). There are 4 Main Stories (called Story Arcs). The names of these are the Flame Poem Arc, Orchid Words Arc, Dawn Arc, and Golden Poem Arc. You only start off with the Flame Poem Arc (the main character of this Story Arc is Nero) which is 6 chapters long, and serves as a tutorial to the game for beginners. After beating the Flame Poem Arc you unlock the Orchid Words Arc (the main character of this Story Arc is Tamamo) which is 6 chapters long. After beating the Orchid Words Arc you unlock the Dawn Arc (the main character of this Story Arc is Alters) which is 9 chapters long. After beating the Dawn Arc you unlock the Golden Poem Arc (I don't know who the main character is for this Story Arc) which is 7 chapters long, and serves as the ending/finale for Fate/Extella. Even after beating the Main Stories there is actually still more that you can do. There are 13 different Side Stories which are 3 chapters long for each. The Side Stories are unlocked by meeting certain conditions. This game originally came out for the PS4, and PSVITA but has now been ported over to the Nintendo Switch. This game serves as a sequel to a game called Fate/Extra which came out for the PSP.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:29 PM   #5045
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

MetalKingTonberry is a fairly shiny person.

Been playing Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy, alternating between all three games.

They're fun, although I've realized I'm not as good at platformers as I used to be.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:41 PM   #5046
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
I <3 foxes

I used to love and play the Sonic the Hedgehog games a lot. I used to be really good at those games but now I'm not so good at them. I still play Sonic off of emulators or old consoles I have. I just started playing Resident Evil because I never played a Survival-Horror game before do to me getting scared. This game series is very popular, and the story seems good so I decided to try it. It was not too scary as what I thought it would be (probably because I'm older now but not by too much). Another game series I used to be really good at were Dynasty Warriors, and Samurai Warriors. I thought the games were very fun. I used to be really good at it but now I'm not so good at it. I still buy and play them (sometimes). The only way that I've been really playing games that are at least similar to the "Warriors" games are by playing Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes off of my PS3, and playing Fate/Extella off of my Nintendo Switch. I really enjoy both games. They both have a great story and great characters but I like the gameplay of Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes more than the gameplay of Fate/Extella (in my opinion). I've been playing a lot of RPGs lately that I've gotten worse with platformers, and hack & slash "Warriors" like games. And I've barely just entered into the Survival-Horror genre.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:28 AM   #5047
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!

After playing it on and off for about two months, I've finally finished Chrono Trigger. Toi summarize my thoughts in one word: WOW. This might be one of my new favorite games. It just does so much right. I actually stayed away from it because I was skeptical that it was the best game ever, and the intro didn't really wow me. It wasn't until you start learning about the big bad that the game took off for me, and from there I was hooked. The game just drips with personality and charm the whole way through, it's obviously a labor of love. I only played it for about 22 hours, but it was excellent the whole time.

I played it on the DS, so I played the best version, imo.

Now I can start Chrono Cross, although I hear it's significantly darker so that will probably rub me the wrong way.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #5048
Hrafn
Valhallanite

Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.Hrafn can sing you any song that you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ce View Post
After playing it on and off for about two months, I've finally finished Chrono Trigger. Toi summarize my thoughts in one word: WOW. This might be one of my new favorite games. It just does so much right. I actually stayed away from it because I was skeptical that it was the best game ever, and the intro didn't really wow me. It wasn't until you start learning about the big bad that the game took off for me, and from there I was hooked. The game just drips with personality and charm the whole way through, it's obviously a labor of love. I only played it for about 22 hours, but it was excellent the whole time.

I played it on the DS, so I played the best version, imo.

Now I can start Chrono Cross, although I hear it's significantly darker so that will probably rub me the wrong way.
Meh, always sounded like the extra stuff added for the DS was a bunch of lame fetch quests with minimal real story.

Glad you got to experience one of the best games ever made. As for CC, it is a game with a lot of engaging and unique gameplay ideas (mixed in with a couple duds, like Element management being such a chore later on, with the auto allocate function essentially worthless), fantastic music and (for its time) visuals, but in return the story is muddled beyond hope, crapping on its forebear all the while. And because the cast is massive, almost none of them get fleshed out in any real capacity. This game literally has two different recruitable living pieces of vegetation. Why?
Old 08-03-2017, 02:12 PM   #5049
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!

After doing some research of the changes, I have to agree, the new DS content sucks. The Lost Sanctum is a lot of going back and forth and I hated it. I also went into the arena twice (once by accident) and never really bothered with it. I think the game would be stronger without these elements. What I like about the DS version is it has all of the Playstation material without the drawback of long load times. I loved the FMV, probably because I'm a fan of Toriyama's art.

Chrono Cross seems to be the opposite of Trigger in most ways, from what I'm read. It will be interesting to jump into that.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:33 PM   #5050
DK

DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like

I'm a big fan of chrono cross. don't go in expecting anything near the level of fine tuning and polish that trigger has and you might enjoy it on its own terms.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:01 PM   #5051
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post
I'm a big fan of chrono cross. don't go in expecting anything near the level of fine tuning and polish that trigger has and you might enjoy it on its own terms.
I never got into CC. I should go back and put that PSX disc sitting on myself into my PC and play it though. I know my sister liked it, it just started too slow for me then I moved on to other stuff.

---

Got back from my Colorado camping trip early, so I have Monday and Tuesday off here at home. Path of Exile just updated so I'm gonna binge on that for the next couple of days.
Mcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #5052
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.

CC was like, a pretty game, with super great music I still listen to regularly, a weird and unintuitive combat system that you could have a lot of fun with (if you weren't color-blind), and a story that suffered from too much convolution in its own lore. The playable character roster was nice, if only to give you lots of options, but most of them were carbon copies more or less, and had less character development or even introduction than the 108 in Suikoden. I remember it fondly, but mostly I don't need to ever play it again.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:11 PM   #5053
Caciss
hates everyone

Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like

I can't imagine CC feeling very fun in this day in and age...
Caciss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #5054
Hrafn
Valhallanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick Cook View Post
CC was like, a pretty game, with super great music I still listen to regularly, a weird and unintuitive combat system that you could have a lot of fun with (if you weren't color-blind), and a story that suffered from too much convolution in its own lore. The playable character roster was nice, if only to give you lots of options, but most of them were carbon copies more or less, and had less character development or even introduction than the 108 in Suikoden. I remember it fondly, but mostly I don't need to ever play it again.
I agree with 100% of this.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:15 PM   #5055
1ce
Stay informed

There are so many replies about CC. Thinking about it, all of my friends my age have played Chrono Cross. It seems to be one of those games that everyone has played at one point or another who's a fan of rpgs or Square. Better late than never, in my case.

The first thing I thought was how wonderful it is to play this sort of game again. Pre-rendered backgrounds, 3D battles and good writing. It's very nostalgic, it reminds me of when I played these games as a teen.

The game is a visual and aural delight, but I'm still figuring out the battle system, and how elements effect the battlefield. I find it strange you can only cast a spell once per battle. Likely to balance how it affects the battlefield, but that still seems an odd choice. There's no MP, so that's nice. I kinda wish you could use different button presses for the different attacks ala Xenogears.

I'm in Termina, and have only put in a couple of hours, so we'll see where it goes. I'm taking it as a game that stands on it's own, and it's entertaining so far. The game has far more in common with Baten Kaitos than Chrono Trigger.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:40 AM   #5056
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.

I just got finished playing Tales of Berseria a few hours ago. Easily one of the best written JRPGs this year.

The gameplay is fun, too.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #5057
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
I <3 foxes

I'm planning on getting Devil Kings soon for my PS2. It looks really good. This game came out only in North America, and Europe only for the PS2. This game is a spin off to both the Sengoku Basara series and Devil May Cry series. It's weird that in the past Capcom had made an outside of Japan exclusive Sengoku Basara game. The game is very similar to games like Dynasty Warriors, and Samurai Warriors. The story of the game is that a bunch of warlords are trying to conquer the world. One warlord named Devil King wants to rule the world with an iron fist but secretly he wants to destroy the world. So Red Minotaur, Azure Dragon, and Frost decide to form an alliance to stop this threat because they want to rule the world through peace. Red Minotaur's army consists of himself, Scorpio, and Talon. Azure Dragon's army just consists of himself. Frost's army consists of himself, and Venus. There are a total of 12 playable characters. You start off with half of them (6 of them). In the list I show below I will be showing the starter character's Sengoku Basara name, and Devil Kings name.

The starter characters are:

1. Sengoku Basara Name: Masamune Date / Devil Kings Name: Azure Dragon (one of the two main characters)

2. Sengoku Basara Name: Yukimura Sanada / Devil Kings Name: Scorpio (one of the two main characters)

3. Sengoku Basara Name: Nobunaga Oda / Devil Kings Name: Devil King (the main bad guy)

4. Sengoku Basara Name: Nohime / Devil Kings Name: Lady Butterfly

5. Sengoku Basara Name: Shingen Takeda / Devil Kings Name: Red Minotaur

6. Sengoku Basara Name: Kasuga / Devil Kings Name: Venus

Game Box:

Last edited by RPGMakerConsoleFan101; 08-12-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:50 AM   #5058
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

MetalKingTonberry is a fairly shiny person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
I just got finished playing Tales of Berseria a few hours ago. Easily one of the best written JRPGs this year.

The gameplay is fun, too.
Berseria was okay, in my opinion. I liked the connections it has to Zestiria, and I really like Eizen, though I had mixed thoughts about the story.

I noticed there are a lot of text errors with the localization, mostly in the side-quests. The text will sometimes say one thing that makes no sense, but the voice acting says the right thing. Makes the game feel like it was rushed.

One of the biggest problems I have with Berseria is that getting a good amount of Grade for a New Game + feels like it takes forever, just like it did in Symphonia.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #5059
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKingTonberry View Post
Berseria was okay, in my opinion. I liked the connections it has to Zestiria, and I really like Eizen, though I had mixed thoughts about the story.

I noticed there are a lot of text errors with the localization, mostly in the side-quests. The text will sometimes say one thing that makes no sense, but the voice acting says the right thing. Makes the game feel like it was rushed.

One of the biggest problems I have with Berseria is that getting a good amount of Grade for a New Game + feels like it takes forever, just like it did in Symphonia.
Yeah, the localization was pretty bad.

I did manage to score around 2400 grade towards the end of the game without grinding, though. I think the point is to accumulate grade throughout multiple playthroughs, so by the time you finish a second playthrough, you'll have enough to buy every feature.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #5060
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.

I'm back on that Rocket League hype, this time exclusively playing online (except when playing with Sivart). I am still pretty bad at the game. I'm in 3v3 Standard, Silver I ranked (maybe hit II last night, I forget), and kind of my soft goal is to progress to Gold. I'm not so bad that I don't think I can make it, but I definitely still have a lot of meta to absorb and get better at, as well as fine-tuning my aerial game to not whiff every other time I boost while in the air.