Maybe... 0 0%
No!!! 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2017, 01:41 AM   #1
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Brightness is a fairly shiny person.
Throwback contest?

This would be my second suggestion, i guess...

well, I would like to suggest Throwback contest, where anyone can make an original or copied game from old consoles/handhelds. I would like it even more if this contest will be in Rpg maker 1 but all of this depends if anyone would want to participate.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #2
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.
Re: Throwback contest?

While I'm personally much more invested in the newer Makers, a Throwback Contest (or some kind of Throwback-style event) is a really good idea.

Perhaps we can recapture a bit of the magic from back when it was less about making great games and more about having fun with the Maker itself and throwing around all kinds of ideas and opinions over fun/crazy ways to use it.

And maybe we'll even rediscover our passion for the console Makers!

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:27 PM   #3
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't mind whether it will be using RPGM1 (PS1), RPGM2 (PS2), RPGM3 (PS2), or RPGMFes (3DS). RPGMFes would probably be the easiest to have a contest with but the problem is that it's a newer title.
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:27 PM   #4
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

The unfortunate problem with this idea is the simple act of finding somebody willing wanting to use an old RPGM or even having one. Would probably easier to go about making a game in an Old School style. Like a classic RPG with simple mechanics, simple graphics, and simple plot... maybe like in the 8-bit era. Not the best example but some times the real challenge can come down to making these aspects appealing.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #5
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

So when are we gonna do this?
Old 12-06-2017, 01:12 AM   #6
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMakerConsoleFan101 View Post
So when are we gonna do this?
I'm excited too.... But it seems that the man behind the pav. Is still planning to or getting ready. I GUESS..
Old 12-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #7
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

It’s a good suggestion, and I’ll definitely use it in the future. The next contest theme is already decided, though. It’ll be starting before the end of the year.

Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #8
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
Itís a good suggestion, and Iíll definitely use it in the future. The next contest theme is already decided, though. Itíll be starting before the end of the year.
Yay! Hear that guys?! A contest is on the way... but I hope that I can join it because of rpg maker limitation *ahem* Rpg maker 1 *ahem*
Old 12-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #9
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightness View Post
Yay! Hear that guys?! A contest is on the way... but I hope that I can join it because of rpg maker limitation *ahem* Rpg maker 1 *ahem*
LOL
XD
Old 12-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #10
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

I hope it's on RPG Maker Fes!