RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 2 Full Games

Old 08-14-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.
Miniature Mayhem

Summary: In this game, you utilize bombs and traps to shrink enemies. Once an enemy is stunned (as indicated by red coloring), you can collect the enemy in your growth-prevention bottle. Up to three bombs and three shrink-wrap traps may be utilized simultaneously. The former is harmful to both the player and enemies while the latter only damages enemies. If you sustain damage, you can replenish health using potion spheres that you collect on certain levels. Collect all of the enemies while avoiding critical damage from the bombs to move on to the next level.

03-06-15 Update:
1] Recreated all VFX for the HUD, which now includes HP (up to 10 bars), bombs (up to 999), traps (up to 999), traps used/reserved, and potion spheres (up to 5).
2] Bomb explosion now features a more precise and ascetically pleasing blast radius which accurately indicates if you will take damage from the explosion.
3] Bomb and trap timing has been tweaked to increase accuracy.
4] Real-time save option has been implemented. The game will save every facet of your progress (Level, HP, bombs, traps, potion spheres, enemy HP, and items still present on current stage).
5] Save file reflects level progression (indicates current level).
6] Implemented new menu options, such as the ability to turn the menus on in order to enable the controller vibration function.
7] Smoothed out and lengthened the shrink/growth animations for enemies.
8] [] menu can now be opened at any time, whereas before you had to wait until all animations were completed.
9] Increased available items and dramatically decreased the difficulty of the game to make it more accessible and enjoyable.
10] Fixed a major glitch that prevented traps from being used if you beat a level with a trap still set.
11+] Countless other glitches, some major and some minor, were addressed in a manner which led to a smoother running game engine.

08-28-15 Update:
1] Slightly decreased arena size to limit enemy meandering.
2] Smoothed out enemy shrinking animations with increased frames.
3] Removed slight time delay in subsequent bomb placements.

07-24-16 Update:
1] Game now saves chosen BGM between levels.

Note: Feedback is highly welcomed. Let me know what you liked and didn't like. It is a Slot01 game. Newest version is always the one that is uploaded. Screenshots may reflect an older version.

Screenshots: http://www.rpgmmag.com/rmvault/rm2/g...niature-mayhem
Attached Files
File Type: zip Miniature Mayhem [07-24-16].zip (186.2 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by dragaron; 07-24-2016 at 10:47 PM.
dragaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
Re: Miniature Mayhem

4-03-07
I downloaded this game. Definitely not an RPG. It's more of an action game. The scripting for this must have taken quite a while.

6-28-09
I downloaded this game again to give it a second chance. Had a good time playing it even though I was only able to make it to level 4 one time. Great concept Dragaron.

Last edited by Pagerron; 06-28-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Pagerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
dragaron

dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.

Revised edition is now available. Please see original post above for download link. Enjoy.

Last edited by dragaron; 12-25-2014 at 05:13 AM. Reason: ...
Old 03-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #4
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight
Re: Miniature Mayhem [2015 Ed.]

I tried to load up the most recent version but it doesn't seem to read the file at all. I really wanna see all the new work you've done.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #5
dragaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I tried to load up the most recent version but it doesn't seem to read the file at all. I really wanna see all the new work you've done.
Thanks, Drew. I looked into this. I downloaded the uploaded file (from the Pavilion), and it ran fine on my PS2. However, my method of transferring PS2 save files is convoluted due to not having a typical method of extracting save files. I tried buying the Max Drive online, but got duped because it can't extract save files. To this end, I started using Free McBoot (MC hack) to extract raw save files, which in this case includes:

BASLUS-2034000000001
copy
delete
icon.sys
idle

I imported and built the .max file using PS2 Save Builder v0.8. Nice thing is that since I have the raw save file on hand, I can easily convert it to .pws, .max, .cbs, .npo, .sps, .md, .p2m, or .xps save formats without cumbersome hardware/software.

Therefore, I redid all of this and re-uploaded the file to the Pavilion servers (within this forum thread). See if it works.

Last edited by dragaron; 02-06-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragaron View Post
Thanks, Drew. I looked into this. I downloaded the uploaded file (from the Pavilion), and it ran fine on my PS2. However, my method of transferring PS2 save files is convoluted due to not having a typical method of extracting save files. I tried buying the Max Drive online, but got duped because it can't extract save files. To this end, I started using Free McBoot (MC hack) to extract raw save files, which in this case includes:

BASLUS-2034000000001
copy
delete
icon.sys
idle

I imported and built the .max file using PS2 Save Builder v0.8. Nice thing is that since I have the raw save file on hand, I can easily convert it to .pws, .max, .cbs, .npo, .sps, .md, .p2m, or .xps save formats without cumbersome hardware/software.

Therefore, I redid all of this and re-uploaded the file to the Pavilion servers (within this forum thread). See if it works.
Hrmm well I keep having the same issue. I'm not 100% sure if it's because I'm using the PS2 emulator with MyMC program (a memory card/saves manager) but when I load it up into the program under the directory: NO_ROOT_NAME while it should have BASLUS-2034000000001 as you say.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #7
dragaron

Quote:
Hrmm well I keep having the same issue. I'm not 100% sure if it's because I'm using the PS2 emulator with MyMC program (a memory card/saves manager) but when I load it up into the program under the directory: NO_ROOT_NAME while it should have BASLUS-2034000000001 as you say.
I wish these forums were more active. I wonder if it is your approach to loading, or my approach to extracting that is causing the problem. I know that the PS3 virtual MC feature screws RPGM2 games up and causes intermittent crashes, but I am not sure about the PS2 emulator. I will download the PS2 emulator and problem solve this today.

Last edited by dragaron; 02-06-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #8
Drew
Pavilionite

Quote:
I wish these forums were more active. I wonder if it is your approach to loading, or my approach to extracting that is causing the problem. I know that the PS3 virtual MC feature screws RPGM2 games up and causes intermittent crashes, but I am not sure about the PS2 emulator. I will download the PS2 emulator and problem solve this today.
Sounds good, hopefully this fixes the problem!
Old 03-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #9
dragaron

Quote:
Sounds good, hopefully this fixes the problem!
It was an error on my end, Drew. I was able to recreate the error as described by you using the mymc program and the PCSX2 1.2.1 (r.5875) emulator. I did everything right in my extraction of the save file, except that I wasn't designating a Root/ID within the PS2 Save Builder v0.8 program. All is well now, so it should work.

Only thing is that the emulator may not give a genuine impression of the game. It was running pretty choppy on my laptop, although my laptop isn't the best; it features: Dual-Core 2.00 GHZ processor(s), 3.00 GB RAM, and Windows 7 OS. It runs RPG Maker 2, but sluggishly with graphical errors and some SFX inconsistencies. Still, you can get the gist of what I created with the software.

Last edited by dragaron; 02-06-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #10
Drew
Pavilionite

Still the same error. :/
Old 03-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #11
dragaron

Quote:
Still the same error. :/
I re-uploaded the file, downloaded it, and it seems to work on my end. Hopefully it works on your end. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by dragaron; 02-06-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #12
Drew
Pavilionite

That did it! Thanks! I'll try the game out now.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #13
dragaron

Quote:
That did it! Thanks! I'll try the game out now.
Nice! It definitely runs a bit choppy in an emulator (at least on my laptop it does), but you can still get a decent idea of what I created.

Last edited by dragaron; 02-06-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #14
Drew
Pavilionite

Quote:
Nice! It definitely runs a bit choppy in an emulator (at least on my laptop it does), but you can still get a decent idea of what I created.
It actually runs fine on my PC (then again I have a pretty beefy pc) but yeah man I really like it! Only got to level 6 so far, did you want some screens for the game? Or a video?
Old 03-08-2015, 11:42 AM   #15
dragaron

Quote:
It actually runs fine on my PC (then again I have a pretty beefy pc) but yeah man I really like it! Only got to level 6 so far, did you want some screens for the game? Or a video?
I have a few screens for the game over at the RPGMMag website, so I should be good:
http://www.rpgmmag.com/rmvault/rm2/g...niature-mayhem

Besides, the second you make screenshots and videos and upload them, I would probably be uploading a new version that makes the capturing outdated. If you still want to capture images and video though, that's fine. I may work quite a bit on my games this month prior to the release of Bloodborne, after which I will disappear from the planet for a few weeks.

Last edited by dragaron; 02-06-2016 at 05:24 PM.