RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Free Forum

Old 08-27-2016, 01:16 AM   #2441
The Toecutter
Techno-luddite

The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.
Re: Official Pavilion Photo Topic™ - Only pictures of yourself or pictures you took

Below is a picture of what I had put together over 2015, with a few unfortunate occurrences that set it back:

http://pavilionboards.com/forum/pict...pictureid=1125

It's a lot of fun, and if I can get ahold of a business that sells 1/16" ABS sheeting, it will soon be getting a faring, among a few other aerodynamic upgrades. The picture is old. I have a mirror on it now.

On flat ground, I can currently reach 26 mph and sustain it for perhaps 500 feet. It's a very heavy and inefficient vehicle, and I will soon either buy or build a better chassis. This thing is not at all safe over 35... but damn is it a lot of fun.

I need a full suspension for cruising at speeds over 30 mph in order to keep the vehicle from ripping itself apart, and to maintain control of the vehicle at 35 mph in the event of a road hazard such as a pothole, and could stand to have the chassis lose 10-15 lbs while making it significantly stronger by substituting better quality metal tubing.

I can see myself putting a 2 horsepower setup in this current chassis, but probably no more. It will probably be able to reach 45 mph, but it won't be safe to cruise at more than 30... even though it will quickly accelerate to that speed. 35 mph means you have no control over the vehicle if you hit a pothole, as your wheel is liable to deform into the shape of a taco before it contacts the disc brake and pulls you under a truck! I'll probably be able to reach 40 without the motor turned on if I get the body streamlined enough.

But, there is a solution to all of the problems presented by high speeds.

A stronger/lighter chassis, full suspension, DOT motorcycle/moped/scooter rims/tires, hydraulic disc brakes, torque arms, and roll cage/chassis reinforcement member will be needed to safely shove 20 horsepower through the rear wheel, while maintaining the 100 lb weight limit. That's not happening on the current chassis, but definitely the next one... Highway speeds and crotch-rocket-like acceleration will be in reach if I get it right. An off the shelf steel KMX frame could do all of this except for its lack of rear suspension, but people have built sub-100 lb 60 mph trikes from them nonetheless that are stable/safe to 40-45 mph...

Last edited by The Toecutter; 08-27-2016 at 01:25 AM.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #2442
Fruple
Nappy nappy time!

Fruple is ranked number one at Halo amongst Tibetan monks.Fruple is ranked number one at Halo amongst Tibetan monks.Fruple is ranked number one at Halo amongst Tibetan monks.Fruple is ranked number one at Halo amongst Tibetan monks.Fruple is ranked number one at Halo amongst Tibetan monks.Fruple is ranked number one at Halo amongst Tibetan monks.Fruple is ranked number one at Halo amongst Tibetan monks.Fruple is ranked number one at Halo amongst Tibetan monks.Fruple is ranked number one at Halo amongst Tibetan monks.
Re: Official Pavilion Photo Topic™ - Only pictures of yourself or pictures you took

A husky showed up around my parent's house over a week ago, and after trying to find an owner no one's stepped forward (shared with everyone up there, and then the lost dogs MN page) so I guess we own another dog now. We can't check if he's chipped either because the vet doesn't have a scanner and my dad doesn't care because he's fallen in love.

Here he is completely at home with our other two hounds.

And a better picture of just him

I can't wait to meet him <3