RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Pavilion's Greatest Hits > Game Forum Archives > Fantasia Saga

Old 04-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
JANK
Musical Mastermind

JANK is special!
SaGa Frontier

This is a thread for discussion on the game that inspired Fantasia Saga.

How many people here have beaten the game with all 7 characters? *raises hand*

I think Squaresoft did an amazing job with this game considering the limitations and constraints on the production. I love the animated sprites and pre-rendered backgrounds, although it can be kind of annoying when you can't find the exit to the map. They should have had implemented the arrow pointer system that they used in FFVII (you know when you press select) to show where the map exits are.

T20G pwns.
I love Kenji Ito's music.
Nuff said.

If you haven't played SaGa Frontier in its entirety before go do so NOW, and use a guide if you keep getting pwned. XD

Last edited by JANK; 04-24-2008 at 05:07 PM.
JANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Mintobrandybuck
Apocalypse Studios Admin

Mintobrandybuck is special!
Re: SaGa Frontier

Yeah, SaGa Frontier was a truly excellent game. It's unfortunate how little it was played though. I hardly know anyone who has played any of the SaGa series.

Even now when I have free time, I busy myself with Romancing SaGa for the PS2. Very, very fun game. I definitely reccomend people try it out.

Last edited by Mintobrandybuck; 04-24-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Mintobrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
JANK
Musical Mastermind

JANK is special!

I haven't played RS2 yet, but I understand that it's an enhanced remake of the original RS on the Super Nintendo. I will definitely check it out in the future, but as of now it's on my backlist of games to play.
JANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:13 AM   #4
killerb255
Pavilionite

killerb255 is on a distinguished road

Have you played the other SaGa games? Namely Romancing SaGas 2, 3, SaGa Frontier 2, and Unlimited SaGa? They're ALL underrated!
killerb255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
JANK
Musical Mastermind

JANK is special!

I can't believe my game forum is still here. I haven't logged on in months.

I've farted around with the DeJap translation of SaGa 3 a little, but never really played all the way through any scenario. I tried SF2 a while back and didn't care for it too much. I thought about giving it another chance. Honestly I haven't been into video games much at all lately, but I don't think I'll ever truly lose interest. There are so many games to play out there, you can never have time for them all!

I don't know if I'll ever get back into working on my game, but I usually get back into to RPG Maker every so often, so I'd still say it's probable, I just don't know when.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!

I have many different SaGa games (frontier 2 and romancing ps2 come to mind), but haven't invested any real time into them.

I have, however, played and loved Final Fantasy Legend 2. I love the game's mechanics and the story is not bad for such an old game.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote