RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Video Games

Old 07-12-2017, 03:26 AM   #5021
Sampson
Hail Satan

Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360
Re: Unofficially Official What are you Playing

I'm playing the re-release.

Also beat Temple of Osiris. Short, and the season pass even on sale isn't worth the price, but it's really fun for couch co-op.
Sampson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #5022
highwind
Not My Problem

highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like

I've been playing Nioh and my god I absolutely love it. It...it's like one of my favorite games of all time.
highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #5023
DK

DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like

After about a year of near daily play, I have retired from Overwatch. No real gripes about the game, though I'm not a fan of where the meta has gone currently, the experience has just run its course for me.

Around sometime where CoD:BLOPS came out, I was sucked into competitive gaming. Prior to that I'd **** around Halo 3 or Gears of War, or Starcraft with the Pav, but it was never very serious for me: Halo 3 had a lot of toys in the sandbox solely for ****ing around, and it's matchmaking was obtuse, and Gears was so difficult that really I had no choice (this was also the time prior to party chat, the public masses were so disruptive via voice chat that you couldn't really get into the headspace of real competition). CoD : Blops came out, a year later I moved to the city and thus began about 6 straight years of competitive gaming between CoD, then League Of Legends (which had honest to god ranking systems), then Overwatch. These old bones are simply tired of the competition after all this time.

of course I'll be back for starcraft: remastered. idiots.

Looking for a good PC co-op game to do with buddies that is PvE, was thinking FFXIV but man I really don't want to do another MMO, especially a sub-based one, I got other things to do with my time. I checked out Warframe and that seemed neat, but ill suited for a mouse-keyboard.

Oh well, guess I can play Left 4 Dead 2 for the millionth time~

Last edited by DK; 07-12-2017 at 09:13 AM.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #5024
GLM
1989 POLOCOM

GLM is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwind View Post
I've been playing Nioh and my god I absolutely love it. It...it's like one of my favorite games of all time.
I bought Nioh on sale on a whim but haven't tried it yet.

I played the second demo and remember not liking it, but I don't remember why. The reviews were all so positive and I love the Souls games so I just decided to go for it. What do you personally think makes it so great?

I'm still playing Scholar of the First Sin and have this thing about playing two games at the same time with similar controls.. I end up confused in both games.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #5025
highwind
Not My Problem

highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like highwind is walking around in the background like

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
I bought Nioh on sale on a whim but haven't tried it yet.

I played the second demo and remember not liking it, but I don't remember why. The reviews were all so positive and I love the Souls games so I just decided to go for it. What do you personally think makes it so great?

I'm still playing Scholar of the First Sin and have this thing about playing two games at the same time with similar controls.. I end up confused in both games.
I hated both demos. I just felt like it was too hard.

The game itself eases you in MUCH better. The combat is just so cooooool. You get a bunch of different weapons and armor and you can use ninjutsu and magic and bows and guns...and...and....IT'S JUST SO COOL.

I absolutely love Dark Souls but sometimes that series is so plodding and tedious. Nioh is just fast, and badass and fun. You're a freaking samurai ninja with magic!!!

I'd say its combat is more "bloodborne" than "dark souls" but man - the variety of ways to attack enemies is just so cool. You can watch ten people fight the same boss on youtube ten completely different ways.

Last edited by highwind; 07-12-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #5026
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

MetalKingTonberry is a fairly shiny person.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight has been a pretty fun hack-and-slash so far. The story is really bizarre, but that seems to be normal for NIS. The game has a pretty good soundtrack, too.

Kind of makes Gauntlet seem boring in comparison, as far as gameplay... Then again, once you've gotten used to hack-and-slash games with a lot more gameplay depth (like Diablo 3, for example) I guess a super-simple one like Gauntlet could get a little boring.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #5027
GLM
1989 POLOCOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwind View Post
I hated both demos. I just felt like it was too hard.

The game itself eases you in MUCH better. The combat is just so cooooool. You get a bunch of different weapons and armor and you can use ninjutsu and magic and bows and guns...and...and....IT'S JUST SO COOL.

I absolutely love Dark Souls but sometimes that series is so plodding and tedious. Nioh is just fast, and badass and fun. You're a freaking samurai ninja with magic!!!

I'd say its combat is more "bloodborne" than "dark souls" but man - the variety of ways to attack enemies is just so cool. You can watch ten people fight the same boss on youtube ten completely different ways.
Yeah, I think the complexity with no real explanation in the demo threw me off. I remember only fighting humans and thinking it seemed like a so-so Souls clone with no 'monsters', but as I read more about it recently I found myself interested enough to pick it up.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #5028
highwind
Not My Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
Yeah, I think the complexity with no real explanation in the demo threw me off. I remember only fighting humans and thinking it seemed like a so-so Souls clone with no 'monsters', but as I read more about it recently I found myself interested enough to pick it up.
OH YEAH and you can use different spirit animals which have different benefits and you can do spirit attacks which are life-savers in a pinch. The game is just awesome - I'm tellin ya.

Last edited by highwind; 07-12-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:51 AM   #5029
Sampson
Hail Satan

Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360Sampson has their Atari next to their Xbox 360

I was trying to think of other highly regarded games that are highly regarded mostly for their art direction and atmosphere. Wind Waker immediately comes to mind.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:47 AM   #5030
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtains

Been playing quite a bit of Injustice 2 lately. I've never been very good at fighters and still not good, but it is pretty fun. It also calls out to the RPG nerd in me that loves to grind of levels and gear. The Multiverse mode definitely gets you into the thick of that grind. Those I guess different universes storing missions are all on a sort of rotation. Each one has a set time it is available (hours or days) and they let you know just how much time is left. Thanks to this, I've kept having to do "one more" because it will expire before I get to it later. Also Sub-Zero just came out as a DLC and he is a lot of fun. He was pretty easy to get used to and I haven't played an MK since Armageddon (ugh).

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #5031
DK

DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like

What characters do you like to use in I2, jamos?
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:35 PM   #5032
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtains

I happen to really like using Scarecrow, Superman, Sub-Zero, Darkseid, Batman, and Atrocitus. Though only really started using Atrocitus and Sub-Zero recently. Though, Sub-Zero is pretty obvious because he only came out a few days ago. Scarecrow has this nice and creepy otherworldly feel that told me to play him. While he can be in a real disadvantage against speed demons, his attacks have nice rang that can keep enemies a safe distance away if done right. Superman, much like with Sub-Zero, is pretty easy to use. Comboing into special moves simple and they hit pretty hard. Darkseid is kind of tricky but he is pretty fun when you get the hang of things. Atrocitus moves faster than I expected and his attacks are pretty fun to use. I just find it kind of funny that I got this game before the day it was suppose to be released and barely played it when I finished the story. Though the last couple of weeks I have been going to town. I really do need to work on leveling up my other fighters.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #5033
1ce
Stay informed

1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.

Been playing Metal Gear Solid. Years and years ago I tried to play the first game but it just didn''t click with me and I died on the first screen. I had the opportunity to buy the essentials collection and said f*** it, let's give it another try. Set the difficulty to Easy, read all the briefing backstory, and jumped in. Maybe that's just what I needed to do, because I'm playing through it and loving it. I love stealth games and games with a good plot and this game really nails both. It's so satisfying to play through, even though I'm still really rough at it.

The cool thing for me is seeing how other games have been influenced by this title. I feel the whole trend of making a game like a movie started here. It's no wonder the N64 lost during the seventh gen; this is exactly the sort of game that shines on the playstation.

Just got past the tower (what a pain!) and the helicopter battle, and now I need to get past the elevator section. If I can stock up on rations I should be fine.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #5034
Caciss
hates everyone

Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like

Quote:
of course I'll be back for starcraft: remastered. idiots.
that's what I like the hear. we need to do an old school pav throw down.

Besides Rocket League which I play all the damn time, I recently beat Ori and god damn what a great game. I then picked up Hollow Knight because I still had a metroidvania itch, but man I personally hate this mysterious vacant dark lonely world aesthetic dark souls has unleashed on games. This game gives me no drive to keep playing, although I'm only an hour or so in.

Last edited by Caciss; 07-13-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Caciss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:09 PM   #5035
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Mcardy pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caciss View Post
that's what I like the hear. we need to do an old school pav throw down.

Besides Rocket League which I play all the damn time, I recently beat Ori and god damn what a great game. I then picked up Hollow Knight because I still had a metroidvania itch, but man I personally hate this mysterious vacant dark lonely world aesthetic dark souls has unleashed on games. This game gives me no drive to keep playing, although I'm only an hour or so in.
Man I suck so hard at StarCraft 1&2 I just don't know if I can do that. I can't do any RTS anymore, those games are simply way too hard to play correctly.
Mcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #5036
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phoneMaijo hacked the entire world with a cell phone

Anyone besides me gonna be playing Splatoon 2? Downloaded last night, gonna put in some work all today.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #5037
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
I <3 foxes

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is a fairly shiny person.

I might buy Splatoon 2 for my Switch (higher chance I will). I've been currently playing RPG Maker Fes, Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Alphadia Genesis 2. 2 good Switch games that are cheap are Vaccine, and Implosion. Just as a note: I play RPG Maker Fes off of my 2ds (cheaper than a 3ds, and I don't care for the 3d so it's good), I play Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes off of my PS3 (really good game with a good storyline, and I bought it for a cheap price), I play Sword Art Online: Lost Song off of my PSVITA (it's portable, and I don't have a PS4 so I can't get that version), I play Fire Emblem Awakening off of my 2ds (really, REALLY great game that's probably one of the best Fire Emblem games out there), and I play Alphadia Genesis 2 off of my Kindle Fire Quadcore (this game came out only for tablets, it costs $4.99, does feature IAP but they don't rub it in your face like with other games, you can find the IAP items during the game at certain areas, good storyline and voice acting, sequel to Alphadia Genesis which came out on tablets and PC, great turn-based RPG, and it has really good 3d graphics for a game app).

Last edited by RPGMakerConsoleFan101; 07-21-2017 at 06:31 PM.
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:45 AM   #5038
Hrafn
Valhallanite

Hrafn causes delicious sandwiches to fall from the sky.Hrafn causes delicious sandwiches to fall from the sky.Hrafn causes delicious sandwiches to fall from the sky.Hrafn causes delicious sandwiches to fall from the sky.Hrafn causes delicious sandwiches to fall from the sky.Hrafn causes delicious sandwiches to fall from the sky.Hrafn causes delicious sandwiches to fall from the sky.Hrafn causes delicious sandwiches to fall from the sky.Hrafn causes delicious sandwiches to fall from the sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcardy View Post
Man I suck so hard at StarCraft 1&2 I just don't know if I can do that. I can't do any RTS anymore, those games are simply way too hard to play correctly.
Ditto. I love the genre but have always sucked quite bad at them. I couldn't even beat all the campaigns in Starcraft. And all the times we would play Red Alert 2 or Generals in LAN matches when I was younger invariably led to me only winning if it was team play. Solo free-for-alls, I never had a prayer. Only time I ever fared well on my own was once playing as Libya, where I hid a bunch of demo trucks by their base defenses and waited for the inevitable de-allying to trigger them.

Perhaps some minds just do not handle the back and forth so well.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #5039
GLM
1989 POLOCOM

Ugh. Two trophies from the platinum in SotFS. Stupid NG++ just to buy some stupid spells from the stupid castle ghost dude.

Having played through the DLC now, I can still say this is the weakest Souls game.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:34 AM   #5040
Sampson
Hail Satan

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime sucks. Reminds me of Affordable Space Adventures.

I don't know if these sorts of games have a subgenre name. If they don't, I suggest Abby and Brittany.

Taking a mediocre game and chopping up the controls and giving them to different players doesn't make for a good game. It makes for a frightening abomination.

Last edited by Sampson; 07-25-2017 at 12:34 AM.