RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 3 Full Games

Old 04-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #1
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like
Series 1: Destiny Beckons

The land of Arethema is in chaos. Foul creatures have beset the land, leaving death in their wake. A young girl named Valencia is born into this scourge, and years later is taken from her mother and imprisoned for many years. During her incarceration, a man comes to train her in the art of combat. A year later, she is granted an audience with the king. He has a quest for her to undertake, and tells her it is her destiny to help him.

The game is set in a world of two gods, the good goddess Alluria and the god of the netherworld, Krato. Valencia sets forth on the king's quest, eager to discover the truth behind her imprisonment. She heeds the call of destiny. Destiny Beckons....

Features:

*15-20 hour quest
*2 different guilds to join, each with its own side quests
*Alignment system-play as good or evil
*17 different endings
*Multiple hidden secrets to discover
*High Replayability-choose a different path each time you play
Attached Files
File Type: zip Series 1 Destiny Beckons.zip (293.0 KB, 1189 views)
File Type: zip series1ps3.zip (234.1 KB, 476 views)

Last edited by Valkysas; 04-10-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Perversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:58 AM   #2
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
Re: Series 1: Destiny Beckons

I've played through this game. It took me over 20 hours to beat.

There are lots and lots of battles, but you can always run from them (if you want).

Items and Powerups: Lots of them. Lots of cool quirky accessories and special weapons that can be purchased or traded for. One cool thing that Perversion did was to have certain monster drop items, which can be traded up for weapons or skills, etc. I know I didn't find all of them.

Use of Memory: Incredible. What...99.9%. The paths that I chose led me in many different directions. There are lots and lots of ways that things can turn out depending on the choices you make. Cool. Do you want to be on the side of Krato? Then make some evil choices. Do you want to be on the side of Alluria? Then choose things of which she would approve. (This is the path I chose to take). Or, if you'd like to, be evil one minute and good the next. Mix and match. Whatever you want to do. Wow. Programming this must have been a beast.

Story: Simple, yet interesting. Perversion mainly focused on the player fighting through the worlds in order to accomplish the mini-quests and main quest, but there were several times when the Storyteller feature was used to move the story along nicely and give you more details about the characters. Perversion even put some of his own poetry in the game related to the plot. Cool. However, due to the nature of the content of some of the storytellers, this game is not for kids.

I can tell that Perversion spent time going through things before he submitted this game. I wonder how many hours of game creation time went in to this. Many, many, many. Good job Perversion.

Okay, so now you go and play it. You'll probably have a unique take on this game yourself.

Last edited by Pagerron; 03-25-2007 at 02:39 AM.
Pagerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
Re: PS2 - RPG Maker 3

RPGM3 - Series 1: Destiny Beckons

Battles: Many, many, many of them. In the game I joined the Fighter's Guild, and boy did I have to fight. You really need to be someone who likes (doesn't mind) random battles. Perversion did a good job of varying the kinds of monsters and their unique characteristics and special powers. Know what each of your skills do before you enter battles. That can be very helpful. [If you come across the Cobras in the desert, run!] One saving feature is the ability to always run that one of the character has. Without this feature, it would have been much more frustrating.

Field Layout:
Sometimes, it seemed like I was just running and running and running to get from place to place in the fields.

Items and Powerups: Lots of them. Lots of cool quirky accessories and special weapons that can be purchased or traded for. One cool thing that Perversion did was to have certain monster drop items, which can be traded up for weapons or skills, etc. I know I didn't find all of them.

Use of Memory: Incredible. What...99.9%. The paths that I chose led me in many different directions. There are lots and lots of ways that things can turn out depending on the choices you make. Cool. Do you want to be on the side of Krato? Then make some evil choices. Do you want to be on the side of Alluria? Then choose things of which she would approve. (This is the path I chose to take). Or, if you'd like to, be evil one minute and good the next. Mix and match. Whatever you want to do. Wow. Programming this must have been a beast.

Story: Simple, yet interesting. Perversion mainly focused on the player fighting through the worlds in order to accomplish the mini-quests and main quest, but there were several times when the Storyteller feature was used to move the story along nicely and give you more details about the characters. Perversion even put some of his own poetry in the game related to the plot. Cool. However, this game is not for kids. In several conversations and a few of the storytellers, there were some strong sexual references made.

Other Interesting Characteristics:
Perversion used the day/night event conditions for different events.

The levers in the dungeons played a part in the story.

Lots and lots of items. I wish RPG Maker 3 could allow players to have more than 10 items each! At least treasure items are possible. Perversion did a great job at using many of these.

Some favorite parts/characteristics:

-Being able to warp out of a dungeon after defeating a big boss. That was nice. No need to go all the way back through it to get out.
-Being able to run whenever I wanted from most battles.
-The three girls in three graves.
-The little puzzles.
-The items that monsters dropped.

Gameplay Bugs/Spelling Errors: As far as gameplay flaws, I only noticed one minor one related to a certain weapon that I didn't receive that I was supposed to have. But that turned out not to be a problem at all as I could purchase the weapon at one of the shops later. As far as spelling errors go, only a couple. Seriously, I think I saw two in the whole 20 hour game. Great job!!

I can tell that Perversion spent time going through things before he submitted this game. I wonder how many hours of game creation time went in to this. Many, many, many. Good job Perversion.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:49 AM   #4
Lausen
Call me Amazing

Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.
Re: PS2 - RPG Maker 3

RPG Maker 3- Series 1: Destiny Beckons

Iím just posting my review here so I donít have to start a new thread.

Story
The story of this game is very basic for the most part. Perversion had you focused on gathering three pieces of a key. You had either the main quest or many smaller quests to work on. The best part is that it is up to you to decide when to do what. All of the quests were tied together rather nicely. The best part of the game I thought was the two guilds. You could choose to join either the fighterís guild or the mages guild. Your choices among the guilds reflect the main story. He even added a good/evil scale that reflected your actions in the game. Depending on where you were on the scale you could get bonuses that you might not other wise get. And because there are so many different paths to follow Perversion offered 17 different endings.

Memory Used
99.9% what more needs to be said. He really made sure everything was to his liking and all the different paths were done rather well. He had to of spent many hours going through and testing all of the different scenarios that could take place.

Maps
Well not the best Iíve seen and not the worst either. The only real problem I had with them was they were just too flat. No cool valleys or mountains to explore, no volcanos to see, just subtle hills and other things. You could see across the whole map, but they still looked good at least. Every thing was smoothed out witch is good. That includes the towns and dungeons. No towns sitting on a massive hump. Thank god! (I hate towns and Dungeons that donít blend in.) A little more work on the maps could have really made this game special.

Decorative Aspect
Perversion didnít do anything too crazy here. Inside some of the towns it felt kind of baron. You had to walk all the way to the other side of the town just to get to a new building. Others had a lot more buildings and people to talk to. Iím just assuming it got this way because of the memory cramp.

Battles
Well I too joined the fighter guild and yeah I had to fight a LOT! The biggest problem I had with the fighting was at the beginning of the game. All of the monster parties you encountered had four monsters. That made me mad especially because they were hard to beat at first, but after a few levels and some new skills things evened out. Still nearly every where in the game had monster parties of four. The only time it didnít was if they were medium class monsters. The different kinds of monsters you encountered varied well enough though. And each monster had there own strengths and weaknesses. The best part of Perversions battle system was the skills the characters and monsters had. I really liked how you could learn skills outside of level ups. Very cool. I did however get frustrated with the amount of battles in the game. The only thing that kept me from spiking the controller was that you could always run. I do think that all of the battles hindered my exploring.

Bugs/Errors
I came across one spelling error. When they were talking about the crystal ball the person said Crystal Ball Ball. Not a big deal to me. And I came across a girl in a town that gives a mag/def ring (I think thatís what it was) if you give her an item. Or you can wait to find another part to the item to get an even better ring from her. Well if you trade right away and talk to her again she will give you another ring. You can keep doing this over and over. I liked this flaw because the ring was worth some good money. I stole like 5 and sold them. Another thing I came across was if you go back to the fighterís guild once you complete a mission you gives you a new sword. Yeah well I never got the sword. I donít know if itís miss programming or if it was because my inventory was full. Either way not a huge deal. The last thing I noticed was Perversion used some of the same 2D models over a few times. Might have been on purpose, might not have been.

Overall
Perversion definitely put everything he had into programming this and it shows. All of the different paths were really neat and he gave you many options to choose from, but because he had so much coding it took from some of the presentation. Not enough to take anything away from the game itself though. It had its few flaws, but thatís ok, no one is perfect. The only thing that took from this game was the over amount of battles. I know I said this once and most likely will say it to every game with RE you need an item that drops the encounter rate. That would have made this experience much more enjoyable. I definitely say try this game out. I think every one will find something about it they like with all of the different stories going on.

I'll give it an respective 8.5/10 Good job.