Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 3 Full Games

Old 01-06-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
Doyleman
Pavilion Regular

Doyleman fishes for ducksDoyleman fishes for ducks
Golden Sun Remake

-Genre:RPG
-Audience: E-10+ for everyone 10 and up

Made by my brother, built on rpgm3, is the experience of Golden Sun (released by Camelot/Nintendo on the GBA) on the PS2. Includes more secrets and altered story here and there (due to rpgm3's lack of cutscene abilities).
Give it a try if ya havent played it before or want to check it out :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gs1.jpg
Views:	979
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	528   Click image for larger version

Name:	gs2.jpg
Views:	864
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	529   Click image for larger version

Name:	gs3.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	530  
Attached Files
File Type: zip GS.zip (416.7 KB, 2390 views)

Last edited by Valkysas; 04-10-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Doyleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #2
Phoenix
A noob once more

Phoenix is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Phoenix is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Phoenix is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.
Re: Golden Sun Remake

Hmm. By Golden Sun Remake do you mean Just Golden Sun or the complete story with Golden Sun: The Lost Age?
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
Draggin'
Roar.

Draggin' is special!

Sounds interesting. But what character models could you use for people such as Ivan,Garet,and Issac?
Draggin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
Libby
Teh Twitchy Penguin

Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.

Was this really a serious remake?
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #5
Libby
Teh Twitchy Penguin

Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.

Libby's Review of Doyleman's Brother's RPG, "Golden Sun: The remake."

Now, I can't say that I have had any experience with Golden Sun, except for playing the first scene of it or so, before getting kinda bored with it. But I KNOW that this is not a remake of it. At least, this is not a SERIOUS remake of it. But, without knowing if it is serious or not, I am going to judge it as if it is. If it wasn't, and was for the "Garbage Contest" DO NOT TAKE ANY ACCOUNT OF THIS REVIEW. I should also warn that I am NOT going to be nice.

First of all, during the opening, we are greeted with a badly patched up story teller where you are basically told what everyone is doing, a few people dissapear as they leave, and before you can even make out the bad grammer, you are placed in the first town of Vale. Of course this is the only town I made it to, because I didn't want to get any further. After recruiting a friend, you go through a crappy battle where you are basically slaughtered in the first few seconds (probably part of the origional game, but I felt cheated.) Then, you get the basic "Three years later" story teller, with horrible grammar and spelling, barely understandable syntax, and characters you just don't want to know. And the first village was...just empty. Literally. No people but in the inns, a bunch of houses, and just...NOTHING. BUUUUT....

I wanted to give this a chance, but after the first battle I couldn't go any further. I checked it out in Editor mode to save myself some grief, and saw place names, no proper capitolization in site, a mix of caps and just plain lower-case letters scattered the lists, and although I didn't cheat too much and looked at the story tellers, I didn't really want to. In the character lists, there were MASSES of unnamed characters, and it just felt...empty and cheap. No trying or anything. It was like the game was made by a 12 year old, that liked to use internet speak.

I'm sorry, but I would NOT recommend downloading this. It was a SUPREME disspointment and waste of my time.

Then again, if it's not to be taken seriously, it's a waste of time, and you guys were successful in your task.

(awaits the negitive rep) Basically 1/10 for effort.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
Doyleman
Pavilion Regular

you wouldn't understand why, but thanks. my brother just read this, and yeah...
Old 12-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #7
Caciss
hates everyone

Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like

Who knew Libby was such a hardass crusher of dreams?
Caciss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #8
Libby
Teh Twitchy Penguin

^_^ I already said my peice on this. I am a crusher of worlds.

And to think...I'm one of the NICER people on here.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:11 PM   #9
Doyleman
Pavilion Regular

No, libby didn't crush a world, he just brought disappointment to my brother.

He's 18, by the way, and he's an independant person, so any help I offer gets on his nerves (you wouldn't believe the amount of times i tried correcting him on spelling and capitalization. he heard me, but he hates help from me).

What got him, and me, upset was referring/comparing him to a 12 year old.
That part could have been left out, and the review would have still made it's point.

I understand that the internet has HUGE problems expressing thoughts and emotions in a nice tone, as quite frankly, its more body language that humans look for. On the internet, we can only piece together the tones of the words into a sentence, and go from there. There are emoticons, but those have been used for random purposes that I may not always find that they are being used appropriately.

I will take in regard the fact that revision is needed to make something flare (I know this, as I've been working on my Intro for Legacy, sky frontier, for almost 4-5 months.)

I also take in the fact that most (actually, everyone) didn't know this about my older brother, and for that, I apologize, but the fact that some analogys used to strengthen what was already said, wasn't needed.

And I'll be honest, he didn't quite make it for the internet. He made it to just have fun with a game, and he caught on that I had released some of my games onto the net, and he wanted to, too.

Anyway, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was royally ******, as I wasn't, I was more so thinking of a way to tell my brother that he did do a bad job at 'revising' his game.

No hard feelings?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:51 PM   #10
Libby
Teh Twitchy Penguin

D:< I have breasts dear.

No hard feelings, but I was just being honest with the information I had.

Last edited by Libby; 12-05-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #11
Doyleman
Pavilion Regular

very sorry!
I always, for some dumb odd reason, say he, (even if I know the person is a she), so I apologize a 1000 times. I dunno if its a bad habit to assume internet people are all guys or what, but yeah, its a common mistake made by me.

But thanks
Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 PM   #12
kamekaze77
Kirby Rocks and u no it

kamekaze77 is special!

Your brother makes a good game, but did he ever go to english class? There are seemingly a million typos. other than that it is a good game
Old 12-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #13
IsaacLives
I know you know.

IsaacLives is on a distinguished road

Damn...Golden sun is one of my all time fav RPG's (even though vale intro does suck.) I was hoping this could...well, if it really sucked that much, then I won't even bother.

But tell your brother that it is an accomplishment just to finish a game.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:48 AM   #14
Kumataka
Sun god

Kumataka is on a distinguished road

I liked it, but I could never beat golden sun XD
Kumataka is offline   Reply With Quote