RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 3 Full Games

Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like
A Series Aside

Do you enjoy the mind-numbingly dull random battles found in most RPG Maker 3 games? If so, do not download this game. But if you are in the mood for something a bit different, continue reading.

A Series Aside was created as a venue to showcase some of Perversion's writings, including short stories and poetry and other random ramblings. In order to read most of the writings in this game, though, you will need to play minigames, solve puzzles, and traverse dungeon mazes. Intrigued yet? If not, look at the features below.

*No random battles
*Over 15 minigames, puzzles, and mazes
-Gambling minigames
-Memory minigames
-Card battle minigame
-Text adventure minigames
-Dating minigame
-Fishing minigame
-And more
*Over 50 writings from the mind of Perversion
*Various easter eggs for you to find
*4-6 hours of playtime

So if you want to go on an epic quest, slaying all the monsters in your path, download Series 1: Destiny Beckons instead. If you are looking for something a little more cerebral, download A Series Aside today!
Attached Files
File Type: zip A Series Aside.zip (791.2 KB, 1358 views)
File Type: zip seriesasideps3.zip (721.5 KB, 447 views)

Last edited by Valkysas; 04-10-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Perversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
Phoenix
H2SO4

Phoenix should consider running for president of the astronauts.Phoenix should consider running for president of the astronauts.Phoenix should consider running for president of the astronauts.Phoenix should consider running for president of the astronauts.
Re: A Series Aside

This is quite innovative, downloading now...
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:03 AM   #3
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
Re: A Series Aside

It really is innovative.

This game is a showcase of the creator's poetry and prose.

There is a nice variety of mini-games and puzzles that help you unlock certain writings.

No battles to worry about.

You don't have to run and run endlessly to get from place to place because the area is confined to a small field and a town.

There are some hidden unlockable writings as well (mature content).

It's not a long game. It took me maybe six hours or so to beat. Sending Private Messages to Perversion was very helpful.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #4
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
RPGM3 - A Series Aside

Battles: None. Yay! I love not getting interrupted by random battles. If Perversion had kind of forced them in here, it wouldn't have been the same. I think it was a great idea to keep them out all together.

Field/Town Layout: Small and easy to get from place to place. There are no huge maps to traverse because your complete game is in the "Town of Pervy" and the small field around it. If you don't like running and running, then you'll find this refreshing, to say the least.

Story: Are you kidding? That's what this game is about!! Perversion spills out his stories, writings, and poetry all through the game. There are two reading rooms that are just busting at the seams with parts of short stories, poetry, prose writings, and if I remember correctly even one stream of consciousness work. This is the strong point. No, I take that back, this IS the point of the game. Itís about entering the thoughts, the mind, the very soul of the gameís creator.

Puzzles/Mini-games:
These broke up the game nicely. There is a nice variety of different kinds too. Text puzzles, Logic puzzles, Card games, Actual dungeon mazes. Well done. The theif mini-game was really cool because it gave a little insight about some of the other people here at the Pav. That was really cool.

Favorite Parts / Stories / Poems:
-The best mini-games in my opinion were the locked house text game and the relationship text game.
-The short story I liked the best was ďThe Castle, or How I Lost My Childhood"
-The poem that was my favorite was the one entitled "Glimmering Sun"

The Writings:
First note, as Perversion has stated already, this game is NOT FOR CHILDREN!

Prepare yourself for some writing that comes from the deepest depths of Perversion. Do you want to experience utter darkness, ecstatic joy, extreme depression, fleeting happiness, unbridled passion, unrequited love, agony, ecstasy, defeat, victory, shock, horror? Iím serious. All of those. Well, youíve come to the right place.

Some of the content I saw began to get very explicit towards the end (there were several hidden storytellers I chose not to read for that reason and as a result never officially got the ďEndingĒ credits).

Iím very glad that, as one of the NPCs stated in the game, these writings do not necessarily reflect the way he views the world nowadays.

Suggestions to the Player

-Take your time. Donít try to finish this in one sitting. It wonít be as satisfying for you. Reading through the stories may take a while if you are really going to try to understand what they are saying.

-Take notes during the mini-games. This can help you complete them more quickly. Also, this can help you find patterns in some of the semi-random ones.

-Make yourself a map of each reading room and what is or isnít unlocked. That way you wonít have to wander around too much to find which writings have yet to be unlocked.