RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 2 Full Games

Old 05-16-2016, 12:59 AM   #1
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight
Deal or No Deal!

Well I've FINALLY finished a full project! It's pretty much just like the game. If you get stuck use the Left and Right on the D-PAD the UP/Down function isn't the best, but it works most of the time. If you run into any bugs please post here. Enjoy! And good luck!

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkmuouz628myici/Deal_No_Deal.zip?dl=0

The attached file, has a minor bug that is fixed here. Use my d/l link to d/l the game, unless an admin can change that for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SLUS-20340 RPG MAKER2(2) Deal or N_Drew (A5BD3307).zip (186.0 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by Wavelength; 06-14-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:16 PM   #2
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecube
Re: Deal or No Deal!

I downloaded the dropbox version because I think you indicated that as the updated version. I like the color scheme, and the whole idea of making a game based on a game show. Cool idea, and creative use of various game elements (VFX, building blocks for numbers, chest icons... etc.). One minor glitch happened after the $1,000,000 chest was opened, where the broker offered "$" with no dollar amount. Then when I accepted the broker amount, it said:
"You sold your chest for...
$-43323!
Let's see what your chest was worth.
Your chest was worth...
$500!"

I am not fully familiar with Deal or No Deal, but is the negative number possible? I played a second time, and the negative number thing didn't happen again. I was determined to open the $1,000,000 chest, and finally did after a bunch of tries. It was listed as "$1,000,,000" (double commas). Thanks for sharing the game! Gave me some ideas for other game show games that could be made with RPGM2.

Last edited by dragaron; 05-18-2016 at 12:01 AM.
dragaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:59 PM   #3
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragaron View Post
I downloaded the dropbox version because I think you indicated that as the updated version. I like the color scheme, and the whole idea of making a game based on a game show. Cool idea, and creative use of various game elements (VFX, building blocks for numbers, chest icons...%
Thanks! I'm glad you like it :). Tell me if you run into any problems.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:01 AM   #4
dragaron

dragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecubedragaron plays Resident Evil on the Gamecube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Thanks! I'm glad you like it :). Tell me if you run into any problems.
I found a few minor things. My original post above mentioned them, but then I edited my post and didn't realize I deleted an entire section of the post. The info was added back in.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #5
Drew
Pavilionite

Quote:
I downloaded the dropbox version because I think you indicated that as the updated version. I like the color scheme, and the whole idea of making a game based on a game show. Cool idea, and creative use of various game elements (VFX, building blocks for numbers, chest icons... etc.). One minor glitch happened after the $1,000,000 chest was opened, where the broker offered "$" with no dollar amount. Then when I accepted the broker amount, it said:
"You sold your chest for...
$-43323!
Let's see what your chest was worth.
Your chest was worth...
$500!"

I am not fully familiar with Deal or No Deal, but is the negative number possible? I played a second time, and the negative number thing didn't happen again. I was determined to open the $1,000,000 chest, and finally did after a bunch of tries. It was listed as "$1,000,,000" (double commas). Thanks for sharing the game! Gave me some ideas for other game show games that could be made with RPGM2.
Could be a problem with the math, I'll have to look into it. And no the negative shouldn't be happening at all. I've gotta tweak the formula a bit.

EDIT: It should be fixed now, tell me if that works.

Last edited by Drew; 05-18-2016 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:53 PM   #6
dragaron

Quote:
EDIT: It should be fixed now, tell me if that works.
I couldn't replicate the glitch, so it's likely fixed now.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #7
Drew
Pavilionite

Quote:
I couldn't replicate the glitch, so it's likely fixed now.
Awesome, let me know if anything else pops up!
Old 06-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #8
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

He's the BANKER, not the broker!

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #9
Drew
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
He's the BANKER, not the broker!
Heh I know that, but it was kinda be funny. As he tries to make you broke, ya know?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:41 AM   #10
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

Quote:
Heh I know that, but it was kinda be funny. As he tries to make you broke, ya know?
By offering them money? XD

Anyway, congrats on the release. It looks very cute.

I added your second file (from the D/L link) to your attachments for you. Please confirm that it worked properly, and once you do, I will delete the original version for you (I don't want to delete it until we know this is working because I've never modified someone's attachments before).

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

Last edited by Wavelength; 06-14-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:48 PM   #11
Drew
Pavilionite

The second file in the attachments is the correct file. Thank you for doing that for me.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #12
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Quote:
The second file in the attachments is the correct file. Thank you for doing that for me.
No worries! :) I've deleted the first file for you so there's no confusion.

I assume you can edit the text of your original post? If not, just let me know what changes you want made.

Last edited by Wavelength; 06-14-2016 at 07:55 PM.