RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > Directory > RPG Maker VX

Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Madurai
The Bright Blue Sky

Madurai is special!
DIVIDED INFINITY

ORIGIN

Divided Infinity was written as a game script originally, which is what it was always meant to be. I started writing this story 5 months ago and finished recently, the story... is it's soul, I can promise everyone who plays it to experience and original story free of dragons and other common clichés.

STORY

2006, High school life... so many worries, girls, jobs, grades, reputation, bullies... Most people go to bed and wake up feeling like a new man. Sullan Miller goes to sleep and does wake up a new man... he awakens in a strange country on a bloody battlefield apparently in a Chemical War. Sullan hated wars, hated death, why... why was he a soldier murdering men?... unless he wasn't himself... unless it was just a bad dream that he would wake up again from, unless it was forced?... dead bodies all around... blood flows to your feet. The story begins...

CHARACTERS

Sullan Miller
The Lost Crow

Sullan is a 15 year old boy attending highschool with his friends, socially awkward with anyone but his three close friends, Sullan chooses to think rather then talk most of the time. He lives alone with his surgeon father who is usually never home. Sullan has strong views of anti-war and anti-murder almost unrealistic ones, he usually has his head in the clouds dreaming of new things.

Gerone Crator The Resolved Dragon

Gerone is a 16 year old student who is Sullan's best friend, Gerone lives alone because his only sister was killed in a robbery,
Gerone is loud, blunt, and obnoxious... opposites attract, this is just the case with Gerone and Sullan's friendship they share almost opposite views on life as a whole yet they still remain as close as possible...while Sullan is a bully magnet, Gerone is a bully...crusher....
So it works out.

Shella Sear The Blue Jay That Lost It's Wings

Shella is a 16 year old girl who works at a local Cafe full time with her younger brotherJohn, She does not attend school because she has to work full time to support John on her own, Shella knows quite well that she works her ass off so she's naturally a bit snobby,
when she wants something... she usually doesn't give up until she gets it, She has no particular world views of her own, she doesn't really care honestly. What she hates the most is being used or manipulated by people... when she is... she tends to respond violently.

Nima Longshore The Peaceful Deer

Nima, 15 year old girl that is friends with Sullan and Gerone, She is kind and happy, even in the toughest times she tries to just smile through it. She also believes that murder and war is wrong but is more realistic then Sullan and knows sometimes... it's required.
She loves normal things like karaoke, cooking, and babysitting, She shares a strong love for children and chosses to keep a childlike innocence most of the time, But Nima IS a teenager after all... prone to bad choices and mistakes... she has dated some... questionable guys.

MUSIC

The music in D.I. Is completely original with various vocal songs sung just for this game, features music by Diana Kantor, and SomeOneLikeMe. the non vocal music consists of soft piano for story scenes, and fast pased rock for battles.
While not music itself it is AUDIO so...
D.I. is completely voice acted, over seven hours of voice acting has been recorded for this project, all pro quality at that.
afer showing the script to some great freelance voice actors all of the people I scouted agreed to do it, some auditioned for the project.
expect a fully voiced storyline upon release.

Design

The game is broken into Seven Chapters, none being a fixed legnth, I chose to end the chapter and key moments in the story rather then force chapters of fixed length, The story is the main aspect of this game and it will not be weak in the least,
You are able to make various choices that affect key points to the story, not VERY many, but enough, there are two separate ending chapters depending on your choices, EACH of the endings has it's out unique Epilogue mode, which has normal RPG gameplay and equal story development this section is roughly four hours long, so as a whole the game will have about 12 hours of gameplay.
Lots of love and care is being put into this project to make it shine, I believe RPG maker is just a program with bounderies that can be broken, it's just aa tool that can create greatness, that is my goal.

SCREENSHOTS

Here are a few screenshots of the game running.

CREDITS

Story by: Madurai

Music by: Diana Kantor & SomeOneLikeMe

Mapper: Akane Zwadski

Eventer: Madurai

Logo Artist: Gavin

VOICE CAST

Sullan Miller: Jake Caro

Shella Sear: Nikkikora

Gerone Crator: Druoxtheshredder

Nima Longshore: Emma Pennington

COMPLETE VOICED CHARACTER TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV6RzCU2go8

PLAYABLE DEMO

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MFKYSARR (189mb VER.)

MIRROR #2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NUKNDAJE

MIRROR #1
http://rapidshare.com/files/435355253/DIVI...FINITY_Demo.rar

WARNING!!!! This game contains STRONG LANGUAGE.

www.divided-infinity.co.nr

Last edited by Valkysas; 12-31-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Madurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
Re: DIVIDED INFINITY

Downloading, I'll give some feedback when I get a chance to play it.

Welcome to the Pavilion! It's nice seeing more PC RPG Maker stuff making it's way here.

Last edited by Valkysas; 12-16-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.

Well, that's... quite a pitch. And VA to boot! I bet it's going to be an exquisite experience.

Downloading that trailer now.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #4
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

It sure looks like a thorough, well-made game. I'm looking forward to trying it out--hopefully this week. A few initial thoughts just upon seeing your post:

200MB just for the trial? That's big! Guess it must be the voice acting (which is going to be such a wonderful feature if you did as good a job as you claim).

It's interesting; your grammar is great in some places and very shaky in others. I guess I'll be able to say more about that once I try the demo.

I agree with you that it looks like the story is the heart of your game and I'm really interested to see how the characters each play into such a unique idea. That desert town screenshot looks good too!

Last thought--you posted this under 'Submissions', which is okay. However, it might get buried here quickly and will be hard for people to find. Would you like me to copy this over to the RPG Maker General forum (you can keep it here as well)?

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Madurai
The Bright Blue Sky

Madurai is special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
Downloading, I'll give some feedback when I get a chance to play it.

Welcome to the Pavilion! It's nice seeing more PC RPG Maker stuff making it's way here.
Thank you so much! >~< Feedback will be very much appreciated! =)

Thank you again!, it's good to be here =) This looks like a really cool site, I look foward to having a good time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick Cook View Post
Well, that's... quite a pitch. And VA to boot! I bet it's going to be an exquisite experience.

Downloading that trailer now.
I've put my heart and soul into this~ The voice acting was acting easier to get than expected, it just took showing most of them the script.
There are some fantastic freelance voice actors out there!
please tell me what you think!~

Also... downloading the trailer? =o do you mean Demo?
The trailer is on youtube. @_@ Perhaps you just typoed, sorry xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
It sure looks like a thorough, well-made game. I'm looking forward to trying it out--hopefully this week. A few initial thoughts just upon seeing your post:

200MB just for the trial? That's big! Guess it must be the voice acting (which is going to be such a wonderful feature if you did as good a job as you claim).

It's interesting; your grammar is great in some places and very shaky in others. I guess I'll be able to say more about that once I try the demo.

I agree with you that it looks like the story is the heart of your game and I'm really interested to see how the characters each play into such a unique idea. That desert town screenshot looks good too!

Last thought--you posted this under 'Submissions', which is okay. However, it might get buried here quickly and will be hard for people to find. Would you like me to copy this over to the RPG Maker General forum (you can keep it here as well)?
I'll look foward to you trying it out! =)

Yes, it's because of the custom, SFX/BGS/BGM/SE mainly the voice overs as you said though xD (you should have seen that older 600 MB demo with thos e evil, evil .WAV files >,>)

A few people did point out a few minor grammar errors in the demo, the full game's going through about five to ten playtesters so this problem will be avoided in the future =)

The story is it's main feature, I hope you enjoy the demo and you like it!
The comments on the maps have been mixed, I'm working on recruiting an additional mapper now though

And yes please!, I wouldn't want my thread getting burried xD;;
Please copy it~
Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.Big Rick Cook and the pigeons are one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madurai View Post

Also... downloading the trailer? =o do you mean Demo?
The trailer is on youtube. @_@ Perhaps you just typoed, sorry xD
If you'll notice, the trailer link may say youtube, but the actual link is megaupload for your demo. So I was downloading what I thought was the trailer when I realized it was supposed to be a youtube link. A simple copy and paste found the trailer easy enough.

The grammar and syntax is a bit off sometimes for the written dialogue, but the voice actors seem to carry it off pretty well in that trailer. Only complaints thus far is that one of them is enunciating far too clearly for it to be natural in any way, even if a character is supposed to talk like that. And the sound quality isn't the same across the board for different VAs. Not sure if that was happenstance with the way you cut and edited the trailer, but sometimes I could barely hear what someone was saying, and others were way too loud.

Still, in general, I've heard worse anime dubs on professionally sponsored projects, so I'm quite impressed with the VA thus far.

I won't really have a chance to play the demo for a couple of days, as I'm still involved in another project around these parts, but I look forward to giving it a go! ^_^
Old 12-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #7
Madurai
The Bright Blue Sky

Madurai is special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick Cook View Post
If you'll notice, the trailer link may say youtube, but the actual link is megaupload for your demo. So I was downloading what I thought was the trailer when I realized it was supposed to be a youtube link. A simple copy and paste found the trailer easy enough.

The grammar and syntax is a bit off sometimes for the written dialogue, but the voice actors seem to carry it off pretty well in that trailer. Only complaints thus far is that one of them is enunciating far too clearly for it to be natural in any way, even if a character is supposed to talk like that. And the sound quality isn't the same across the board for different VAs. Not sure if that was happenstance with the way you cut and edited the trailer, but sometimes I could barely hear what someone was saying, and others were way too loud.

Still, in general, I've heard worse anime dubs on professionally sponsored projects, so I'm quite impressed with the VA thus far.

I won't really have a chance to play the demo for a couple of days, as I'm still involved in another project around these parts, but I look forward to giving it a go! ^_^

I made the small gameplay parts have lower voices on purpose so you could'nt hear them well, and the part with the staic you're not supposed to be able to hear much at all. If you could'nt hear some characters when their names were up on screen then that is an error with my audio mixing xD;;

If I may as whick character did you think was enunciating too much? =o just curiosity, I'm taking all critism into consideration so the final product is a good one =) Also, with all these different VA's recording a home, it IS hard to maintain the same sound levels and over all quality, but I individually cut out each line and edit it to match the rest so upon doing that the difference is almost impossible to notice But voice has been a very hard extra indeed... having to cut out over seven hours of lines is not fun! XD;;

I'll look foward to your thoughts after playing the demo~
Old 12-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

I'll do a rundown of the stuff I thought for each VA sample. In the other topic. =P
Old 02-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
OsirisOcelot
Pavilionite

OsirisOcelot is on a distinguished road

I'm looking forward to playing your demo but all the links seem to be broken for me. The now defunct Megaupload urls bring notice of them getting busted and the rapidshare says its no longer there. Let me know if you have another way for me to get it. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
Iarudam
Pavilionite

Iarudam is made out of valuable stones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisOcelot View Post
I'm looking forward to playing your demo but all the links seem to be broken for me. The now defunct Megaupload urls bring notice of them getting busted and the rapidshare says its no longer there. Let me know if you have another way for me to get it. Thanks.
The DI demo was pulled unto the original music/portraits could be added!
I'll be sure to post it when it's ready to be re-released!
Iarudam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
Ωbright
Too Big to Fail

Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like

Well let us know as soon as it comes back up. I'd like to check it out!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #12
Seraph
~Finding My Way~

Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!Seraph plays that funky music, white boy!

This looks really cool and I'd definitely like to give it a go.

Only thing I'd like to add is something very trivial. In your logo for Divided Infinity, I think it would not only look cooler, but make more sense if you had the word infinity split in half rather than the word divided. Makes sense to me. But that's hardly important. Good job!

Lol, oh wow, this is old! Don't I feel silly.

Last edited by Seraph; 08-01-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote