RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Free Forum

Old 01-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #1
onyx
Pavilionite

onyx is on a distinguished road
Pet and Animal Thread

Okay, now it's the time for talking about animals, which can be really close to your heart (pets), but some of you can really afraid of them. Are there animals which you really are afraid of? Or is there something that you love? Do you have any pets? Want to tell us about it/them?
onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:16 AM   #2
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Brightness enjoys Lego sandwiches
Re: Pet and Animal Thread

We have a pet cat named George, and he's weird because he likes my foot than my hand.
Afraid of any animal that can hurt me.

-Give me a sign
Brightness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:34 AM   #3
Stormy
i like pie

Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.

We have a Maine Coon named Marley. She's a rescue and we've had her for 4 years, I think. She's pretty old (~16) and acts like it. She's not very cuddly, which is common for her breed, but she's very chill.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
The Toecutter
Techno-luddite

The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.

My corn snake recently passed away from its tumors. I miss it very much.

I also used to have a pet rattlesnake named Nippy.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:59 PM   #5
onyx
Pavilionite

I also have a cat and I'm thinking of buying her a bed where she can sleep. can anyone recommend me any beds perfect for a 2-year-old Persian cat weighing 12 lbs?
Old 01-08-2018, 10:11 PM   #6
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is a splendid one to behold

Don't judge me guys but I have 2 pet rats named Oreo, and Latte (my younger sister came up with the names). They're awesome! They're cute, adorable, nice, friendly, clean, clever, and smart! They're 2 months old, and they're brothers! I really like them! I would definitely recommend getting rats yourselves! I got mine from Whitie's Pet Store which is in Fresno. If you do get pet rats I suggest you start with 2. They love having other rats around to be with them! Don't put a male and female together (unless if they're related by blood) because you'll get a big group of baby rats by next month. Don't feed them meat because it could get them sick, or encourage them to bite! The saddest part of having a rat is when they die. They normally live 2-3 years.

Last edited by RPGMakerConsoleFan101; 01-08-2018 at 10:12 PM.
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:32 PM   #7
Deeth Irteen
Darkness is the truth

Deeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaperDeeth Irteen doesn't fear the reaper

I used to have a pet dog named Odie. I haven't seen him in years.

I miss him.

EDIT: And no, I'm not making a joke involving the dog from Garfield. My family actually had a dog named Odie. He was a Labrador-Newfoundland mix.

Quote:
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
-Walt Disney

Last edited by Deeth Irteen; 01-08-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Deeth Irteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:47 PM   #8
The Toecutter
Techno-luddite

The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMakerConsoleFan101 View Post
The saddest part of having a rat is when they die. They normally live 2-3 years.
If I were going to keep an animal with such a short lifespan, I'd get an octopus or squid. They're even smarter and you can teach them to use tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeth Irteen View Post
I used to have a pet dog named Odie. I haven't seen him in years.

I miss him.

EDIT: And no, I'm not making a joke involving the dog from Garfield. My family actually had a dog named Odie. He was a Labrador-Newfoundland mix.
My mom and her husband once had an American Fox Hound named Odie. It ate a poison mushroom growing in the yard and died. They had it for 6 years.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:56 PM   #9
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

Out of all the small pets in the world rats are the smartest! True fact! Look it up!

Last edited by RPGMakerConsoleFan101; 01-08-2018 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:02 PM   #10
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx View Post
Are there animals which you really are afraid of?
This isn't an animal but I'm extremely scared of spiders! I hate them! They scare me way too much!
Old 01-09-2018, 12:26 AM   #11
H2SO4
H2SO4

H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.

I have had pet cats and dogs all my life, and really enjoy them for their companionship and personalities. I love dogs because they are very loyal and love unconditionally. I had a yellow lab growing up, and she was the best dog a young boy could ask for, she was always down to do anything with me. She would sleep with me, play fetch, go swimming with me, wrestle, you name it. She loved being my best friend.

I've also had a number of cats, which are also enjoyable companions if only because of their wide range of emotions. I also have a soft spot for sassy cats. I often feel like I can have legitimate exchanges with cats since they are adept in verbal and non-verbal communication. For example, it's easy to tell when the cat hates what is on TV or a different brand or flavor of cat food. I bought my old cat food it did not like by mistake once and it looked at me like "you idiot I hate this stuff". It's hilarious.

Right now I live with a pitbull mix dog, who is the sweetest gentle giant you could ever find. Don't believe the myths about pitbulls being vicious, any dog can be vicious if it is raised poorly by it's owner. Our pitbull loves to cuddle and be held, and that's about it! She will sit on your lab as if she was a small dog.

Here's a picture of me with our dog, Cora:

Last edited by H2SO4; 01-09-2018 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Image too large
H2SO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #12
onyx
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx View Post
I also have a cat and I'm thinking of buying her a bed where she can sleep. can anyone recommend me any beds perfect for a 2-year-old Persian cat weighing 12 lbs?
My cat is always sleeping and sometimes had a long nap. So I was searching online to find a bed that will make my cat comfortable while sleeping and I saw these cat beds online which has a wide assortment of shapes, colors, and sizes so pet owners will be able to choose from. What do you think about the product having a bed for my cat? I'm open for more suggestions, though.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #13
H2SO4
H2SO4

H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.

All the cats I've every had are really picky when it comes to beds. They either like them or hate them, and it's hard to tell before you buy it, so I'd be sure to buy from somewhere that you can return the bed to if your cat doesn't take to it.
H2SO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:20 PM   #14
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Right now I live with a pitbull mix dog, who is the sweetest gentle giant you could ever find. Don't believe the myths about pitbulls being vicious, any dog can be vicious if it is raised poorly by it's owner. Our pitbull loves to cuddle and be held, and that's about it! She will sit on your lab as if she was a small dog.

You have a very cute dog!
Old 01-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #15
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

Location: Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
DarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small trees

I’ve been thinking about getting a pet but it would be alone in my apartment when I’m at work so I was thinking something that can be content in a cage most of the time like a hamster or mouse. What do you guys think?
Old 01-10-2018, 10:39 PM   #16
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post

My Mom has a lab-pitbull mix and she is about the same. She is like the sweetest girl. Need to stop by and say hello. She was my dog at one point and then my sister's before that. Complicated situations not involving the dog. But yeah, they get a poor wrap. Which is a shame because they can be such sweet animals. Actually, one time she got lose and started to chase a cat. The cat ended up in here mouth and I was instantly terrified that was going to be one dead cat. She then almost immediately dropped the cat. I don't think she actually expected to catch it. The cat suffered no damage and went about its day. She couldn't even hurt a cat... I was so proud.

As for animals I'm afraid of, I am scared of animals that can kill me. Like certain snakes... Some of which Terr has a strange fondness for. But we all have different things we like so no biggie there... as long as you keep them away from me. I am also afraid of that terrifying monster right behind you!

Add me... I'll wait.

Last edited by Jamos; 01-10-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #17
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkwingChuck View Post
Iíve been thinking about getting a pet but it would be alone in my apartment when Iím at work so I was thinking something that can be content in a cage most of the time like a hamster or mouse. What do you guys think?
Get 2 fancy rats! They love having friends with them!
Old 01-13-2018, 12:17 AM   #18
The Toecutter
Techno-luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos View Post
Actually, one time she got lose and started to chase a cat. The cat ended up in here mouth and I was instantly terrified that was going to be one dead cat. She then almost immediately dropped the cat. I don't think she actually expected to catch it. The cat suffered no damage and went about its day. She couldn't even hurt a cat... I was so proud.
Here's a story for you:

A friend of mine told me back in 2009 of a pitbull he had back in H-town(Houston, TX). He lived in an apartment on a second floor and had a habit of keeping a sliding door open to the balcony to let his dog get some fresh air and relieve itself while he was at work. Anyhow, he had a problem with stray cats coming in from time to time, and usually his pit bull would make a ruckus and chase them out.

One day, he came home from work and found a trail of blood all over the carpet. He followed it to the kitchen and the balcony where it originated, then went back to a branching blood trail to his bedroom with random chunks of meat visible.

His dog was on his bed, and looked over at him smiling and happy, as two halves of a kitten and its entrails dropped out of its mouth. It then ran up to him and tried to lick him on the face.

Quote:
As for animals I'm afraid of, I am scared of animals that can kill me. Like certain snakes... Some of which Terr has a strange fondness for. But we all have different things we like so no biggie there... as long as you keep them away from me. I am also afraid of that terrifying monster right behind you!
Snakes have an undeserved reputation. Even the venomous ones are extremely unlikely to harm you(at least when kept in captivity and when they are used to being handled). My little Nippy not once ever attempted to strike at me and was comfortable enough with me to be pet on the tail.

Another friend of mine once kept a Timber Rattlesnake named Rex and it would actually seek people out on its own and lay next to them. His wife made him get rid of it after it got loose for a second time and they found it underneath the couch. A collector from Dallas bought him. One time his kids got into the cage, the youngest being 2, oldest 7, at the time, and he came in to them fighting over who got to hold the snake. It was rattling at them. He was able to get ahold of the snake without anyone getting bitten. It could have ended very badly.

Rattlers are actually social animals with friendships. They even play with each other. You can find all sorts on interesting info and video at the following site:

www.snakes.ngo
Old 01-13-2018, 12:49 AM   #19
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter View Post
Here's a story for you:

A friend of mine told me back in 2009 of a pitbull he had back in H-town(Houston, TX). He lived in an apartment on a second floor and had a habit of keeping a sliding door open to the balcony to let his dog get some fresh air and relieve itself while he was at work. Anyhow, he had a problem with stray cats coming in from time to time, and usually his pit bull would make a ruckus and chase them out.

One day, he came home from work and found a trail of blood all over the carpet. He followed it to the kitchen and the balcony where it originated, then went back to a branching blood trail to his bedroom with random chunks of meat visible.

His dog was on his bed, and looked over at him smiling and happy, as two halves of a kitten and its entrails dropped out of its mouth. It then ran up to him and tried to lick him on the face.

Snakes have an undeserved reputation. Even the venomous ones are extremely unlikely to harm you(at least when kept in captivity and when they are used to being handled). My little Nippy not once ever attempted to strike at me and was comfortable enough with me to be pet on the tail.
That story with the pitbull sounds very scary! I notice that most people that get killed by a pitbull are killed by pure breed pitbulls. I guess you should get a pitbull mix if you're getting a pitbull.

Yes, it's true! Snakes have a bad reputation that they don't deserve! Rats have a bad reputation that they don't deserve as well! I have 2 pet rats, and they're so cute, nice, friendly, smart, and clean! They're names are Oreo, and Latte. They're 2 months old, and they're brothers. They're favorite food is kale! They will clean themselves multiple times every hour (like a cat). They will come to you when you call their name (like a dog). I think that they deserve a good reputation! There are a lot of lies, and myths about rats that people made up because people don't like the way their tail looks! It's just a tail! It's like if I were to make up something bad about someone that's a lie because I don't like the way they look like! That's how people treat rats!

#JusticeForRats
#JusticeForSnakes
Old 01-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #20
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter View Post
Here's a story for you:

What a wild coincidence! I was just thinking that I haven't had nightmares lately!

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote