RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Pavilion's Greatest Hits > Game Forum Archives > Dreamscape Studios

Old 03-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
No, I'M cute!

162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group
The Prince of Twilight

A little dark fantasy, kinda-like-a-survival horror project of mine. It will be on RPGM3.

Upon visiting the grave of her newly-decesed grandfather, a strange, rabbit-like creature leads Emma Crossils to a mysterious cavern, and ultimately into a place known as "the Twlight World", a land composed of floating islands above the nighttime clouds. Lured into the throne room of a castle, Emma learns that the ruler of this world, known as "the prince of twilight" has selected her to be his queen. Since Emma isn't from the Twilight World, she must go through the Rite of Courtship, which is a challenged issued by the prince's court.

Emma, who is of course reluctant to marry the prince, is given two options: one, complete the Rite of Courtship challenge and earn the choice of either excepting the prince's proposal or declining and going home, or refusing and being (presumably) killed. Emma decides to go through with the rite, whose challenge is to reclaim the crown jewels that were stolen by various "rulers" of the Twilight World's islands.

In essence, you play as Emma who travels to the various islands, kills the targets, and finds the jewels. At the same time, you also unravel the secrets behind the Noir family (the royal family of the Twlight World) and Emma's own connection with them.

(Don't worry, I'm still working on my other projects! )

162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Ωbright
Too Big to Fail

Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like
Re: The Prince of Twilight

It doesn't sound really bad so far, but I think it needs a bit more. I know you're still working on it, but here are some thoughts that I had:

- So the rabbit just HAPPENED to be there, and just HAPPENED to decide to take the girl to the twilight world? She had to have been wondering about that herself. I know you said you would develop the connections in the game, but she still would be asking "Who are you and why are you doing this?"

- The king...err, prince (if he's the ruler, wouldn't he be 'king'?) falling madly in love with the girl at first sight seems a little flimsy to me. Even if she DOES go through all the trouble of collecting the jewels, her reward is this nutcase.

Still, if you pour your heart into this, I'll bet you can make a good game out of it.
Ωbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
No, I'M cute!

162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group162 is the elusvie sixth food group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωbright View Post
So the rabbit just HAPPENED to be there, and just HAPPENED to decide to take the girl to the twilight world? She had to have been wondering about that herself. I know you said you would develop the connections in the game, but she still would be asking "Who are you and why are you doing this?"
Oh, I forgot to explain this! It turns out that the rabbit is the prince's jester in disguise, and he was sent to lure Emma to the twilight world by stealing her car keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωbright View Post
The king...err, prince (if he's the ruler, wouldn't he be 'king'?) falling madly in love with the girl at first sight seems a little flimsy to me. Even if she DOES go through all the trouble of collecting the jewels, her reward is this nutcase.
To explain all these points:
-In this world, in order to become a king, the prince must marry. (One of the characters actually explains this to Emma when she asks the same question.)
-The prince actually knows Emma, as explained by some of his future in-game dialogue.
-As I believe I stated, if Emma does complete the Rite of Courtship, she can either marry the prince or go back to Earth. (Hence her motivation for collecting the jewels....y'know, besides the whole "we'll kill you if you don't even try" thing.)

The exact statement:
Quote:
Emma, who is of course reluctant to marry the prince, is given two options: one, complete the Rite of Courtship challenge and earn the choice of either excepting the prince's proposal or declining and going home, or refusing and being (presumably) killed.
But I digress, thank you for your support as always, Ωbright.

Last edited by 162; 03-17-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
Ωbright
Too Big to Fail

Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like

Oops! Sorry, I misread that! I thought you were saying she had a choice to either do it, or die.
Ωbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
No, I'M cute!

Oh it's alright, man. I actually do that a lot, too. (Plus I suppose long sentences do cause readers to do that sorta thing. I can see how it can be misread.)

Last edited by 162; 03-18-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
No, I'M cute!

Set up a Wiki page at the RPGM Mag Wiki site. Still a work in progress.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
No, I'M cute!

Actually, this whole thing is going through a HUGE make over, regarding story and the name.

A few friends of mine thought it was a vampire game because of the "twilight" thing....

Old 01-06-2010, 04:39 AM   #8
Draygone
"Raccoonish"

Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.

My first thought was "Twilight Princess". I knew it wasn't related, but that's what I'm reminded of.
"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."
Draygone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #9
No, I'M cute!

Ah, well, my friend (unfortunatley) thought "Twilight" the book. Needless to say, I might be changing it.