RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Video Games

Old 02-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #5281
Hrafn
Valhallanite

Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.
Re: Unofficially Official What are you Playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos View Post
How does one play again that which they never played?
Thatís sad. All pre-buyout Bioware games should be tried by any true fan of the genre. And KOTOR is the best one out there. Plus, itís on mobile, and the port is quite good aside from the surprisingly glaring lack of a flourish button. A top 5 all-time for me.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:17 PM   #5282
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.

I did buy KOTOR 1 and 2 on Steam, last year, but have yet to play. I sort of have 247 games on Steam and several other that I still haven't played on Playstation. Needless to say, I have a bit of a backlog.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #5283
Hrafn
Valhallanite

Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.Hrafn is the destroyer of worlds.

This is better than those. Well, the first one at least. sequel is very good and has some intriguing characters, but ultimately like so many Obsidian games it was too rushed.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:13 AM   #5284
Stormy
i like pie

Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
This is better than those. Well, the first one at least. sequel is very good and has some intriguing characters, but ultimately like so many Obsidian games it was too rushed.
Agreed. Kreia is such an awesome character, I love her arc.

The version of KotOR2 on Steam, with that giant overhaul mod, is really solid.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:08 PM   #5285
GLM
©1989 POLOCOM

GLM is a splendid one to beholdGLM is a splendid one to behold

Monster Hunter World, kids.

It's a good time, but feels really easy compared to the installments on the PS2/PSP. Longsword users are still scrubs. Some things never change.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #5286
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 has much to be proud ofRPGMakerConsoleFan101 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
Monster Hunter World, kids.

It's a good time, but feels really easy compared to the installments on the PS2/PSP. Longsword users are still scrubs. Some things never change.
I wish I owned a PS4 because I want that game (along with many others)!

Make sure to check out my "All Characters in Sengoku Basara Games" thread, guys!

Sakon Shima, Katsuie Shibata, Mitsunari Ishida, and Masamune Date are ready to PARTY!
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:38 PM   #5287
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.

So I've been replaying FFXIII and I just completed Chapter 5. I'm surprised I got as good of a rank as 4/5 in the boss battle because that fight dragged on so badly and I almost died several times because of that damn launch attack.

I've been managing my resources pretty well, too. I tend to max out Crystarium right before the chapters end, making me well-prepared for basically anything. I've also been fighting every monster I came across, and beat most of them with relative ease. Guess that shows how much I sucked at gaming back when I was 11 years old.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #5288
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

Location: Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
DarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small trees

I'd like to play something other than Monster Hunter World but then I'd have to not be playing MHW. I did play like 10 minutes of Punch-Out (Wii). And Word Cookies on iPad.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #5289
1ce
Stay informed

1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.

Been playing Mario Kart 64. Usually it's a boring game solo but I found some gameshark codes to make it more interesting. The first code makes all seven racers super aggressive instead of just two, and really drives up the difficulty. The second one: usually you only advance if you place 1-4th, but with this code you always advance. So these two codes make the game much more chaotic and difficult than usual, and it's really fun.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #5290
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.

I don't remember where I saw it, but I saw a brief clip of gameplay footage from Celeste and was like "oh yeah I'm gonna hate this game so good" and bought it.

I'm on the second to last chapter and haven't even touched the secret B-Sides of levels yet because when I started the B-Side of Chapter 1, I was like "hell naw I'm not ready for this".

I love that there's a bunch of secrets hidden everywhere and it feels like 70% of the game is optional and sometimes so obscure that it takes a while just to figure out what the puzzle IS before you can even begin to solve it.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:43 PM   #5291
1ce
Stay informed

1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.

Decided to try and buy Rivals of Aether, even though my system specs are barely under the recommended. It runs pretty great, aside from some rare hiccups. I absolutely love this game, and if you own it we need to be friends so we can play together.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #5292
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.

Finished Final Fantasy XII HD: The Zodiac Age last night.

Many thoughts...

My first, and favorite, FF game is and always will be FFX. When 12 first came out, needless to say, I was over the moon with optimism. I started playing, but none of it connected with me - the mature, serious tone - the lack of diversity (all deserts?) - and especially the battle system.

I grew up on traditional turn-based RPGs. The free action of FF12 was an immediate turn off. The Gambit system seemed like tedious busy work. The License Board reminded me of my beloved Sphere Grid, but grossly over-complicated. The story of political intrigue did nothing for me. Vaan speaks for himself.

I never progressed past an 1/8 of the game before giving up for good. Online, especially here, many of you defended FF12 devoutly. I didn't get it. I thought people were being contrarian.

HOWEVER

After playing as an adult, and with the QOL changes/HD graphics upgrades, FF12 finally clicked with me. In a big way. I loved this game. It still infuriated me (Pharos...), but I felt rewarded for my efforts at the end of the game like few games can achieve. The battle system revealed itself to be a challenge, but the deepest JRPG system I've ever played by a country mile. Though the story does take many hours to really payoff, when it does, it pays off big. The lore of Ivalice is actually very well designed and full of thought. The ability to basically play into infinity with the god-tier side quests seems very appealing to me now. I truly enjoyed myself, and I now consider FF12 to be my hands-down 2nd best Final Fantasy, up in a league of their own next to FFX.

TL;DR: I hated FF12 12 years ago; HD version made me adore it
Old 02-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #5293
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.Maijo saved a busload of adorable kittens from Dracula.

Now its on to Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Old 02-22-2018, 01:25 PM   #5294
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.Big Rick Cook danced the night away.

Welcome to the fold, my man. FFXII fans unite!
Old 02-22-2018, 09:53 PM   #5295
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick Cook View Post
Welcome to the fold, my man. FFXII fans unite!
I spent a large portion of my off-time at work today reading through the 80+ page thread on the Pav for FF12. Insane seeing how the game was received before release, during, and after. Opinions all over the place
Old 02-23-2018, 12:53 PM   #5296
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maijo View Post
I spent a large portion of my off-time at work today reading through the 80+ page thread on the Pav for FF12. Insane seeing how the game was received before release, during, and after. Opinions all over the place
That had to be a trip.

I don't think I ever finished the game during the initial weeks/months it was out. My memory of the game was that I was playing a ton of WoW at the same relative time and it took taking a break from WoW to go back and finish FFXII.

I need to actually get the game out and play it again, see if my opinion of it has changed with new QoL changes and whatnot.