RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker General

Old 09-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #41
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.
Re: Available NOW!... Simple Man's Quest for the Playground*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryner View Post
1) What parts, if any, did you use easy mode for? About how many attempts did you make before the switch?
I didn't use Easy Mode at all. There were some battles I had to retry, and a couple of other segments that were tough, but I never felt like I was staring at something impossible or completely crapshoot-based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryner
2) Were there any parts that you thought made especially "good" challenges? Battles or puzzles that you struggled with but were okay with making multiple attempts on? Where you made noticeably progress on your attempts and felt good after finally beating it?
The mind puzzles, especially the Frogger-like one, was awesome. I wish it would let you try again IMMEDIATELY if you failed, but despite taking about 30 attempts to complete, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I also really liked the story of the "clone" segment and its ensuing battle, there was a lot of strategy in there.

I do feel like the balance is quite good in your game, in general.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #42
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!

I have beaten the game!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I wanted to post this a few days ago, but with the whole Pav attack thing, I decided to wait until things got more back to normal.

I ended with

-4 party members
-12,699 gold
-21 Days
-7 quests
-22 treasure chests opened
-Times defeated in battle 9 (Yeah, that may seem like a lot, but I really didn't want to use the easy mode) The battles are great in this game, anyway, and are worth repeating in order to figure out how to improve your strategy for upcoming battle restarts.
-Easy modes used 1 (I had not choice because of a little game glitch that Ryner has since fixed)
-2 Daily missions complete (I had my attention on the main quests at hand, honestly. Had I paid more attention to those daily missions, I could have had quite a nice, or nicer than I already had, stash of goodies)
-Gambling Games played 23 (That was a very easy to play and fun mini-game. I even played so much in one day that I was told I had to come back later. I played it ten times in one day. )
-Matching Games won 6
-Fireflies caught 5 (there were hard to catch, I must admit. Sometimes, I would walk right over one, and I wouldn't catch it. I wonder if you have to be coming at them from a certain direction?)

I ended up with 6 Goblis!! (You can never get enough of those.)

Great game Ryner. Lots of fun. Well-made. Worth playing. Very cool battle system. Minigames were great. Puzzles were nicely done.

If you haven't checked it out, you really should!!

I love how it keeps tracks of your little stats for you as you go. Remember to check your quest journal too!

Have fun with it!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #43
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.

I'm glad to hear people are enjoying my game, it means a lot. And all the feedback I get will only help me to make improvements.

Quote:
-Fireflies caught 5 (there were hard to catch, I must admit. Sometimes, I would walk right over one, and I wouldn't catch it. I wonder if you have to be coming at them from a certain direction?)
I checked out the fireflies right after reading this, and found that one of them was incorrectly set to "Action Button" as its trigger (meaning the player would have to press the space bar to capture it). I changed it to "Player Touch", as it should be. Thanks for the info.

It's a little tough to see the little mistakes like this that the game has. Even through my playtestings there were things I never noticed until someone brought them to my attention, but I'm grateful to the people who spotted mistakes and alerted me to them.

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #44
simple man
doublemint doublemint gum

simple man should consider running for president of the astronauts.simple man should consider running for president of the astronauts.simple man should consider running for president of the astronauts.simple man should consider running for president of the astronauts.

I finished it! wooooo!

*** SPOILERS ***
The game was great, i laughed, and i had fun. the game isnt some crappy game thats making fun of my past, its a good short but sweet game and i had fun playing it, sadly the cliffhanger got me, i want to play more! i know you had a deadline but i am stoked to see what the ending is once your ready to make it!
*** END SPOILERS ***

10/10
Old 12-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #45
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.

Once I'm done with finals in Mid-December I'll have a few weeks with lots of free time. I'm planning to put a good amount of work into finishing this bad boy up. I'm considering restarting the blog I did when facing the deadline since I think it helped me focus on the project, but I haven't fully decided yet. What I can say is that there are still a lot of additions to make to the game. Just about everything in the game is going to be improved or expanded: more loot, more abilities, more quests, more random town events, etc. But there are also a few totally new things that will be in the final version, key features that I had always planned on having but had to cut in order to meet the deadline. They are:

A real conclusion: The ending in the contest version was literally thrown together an hour before the deadline. Though the cliffhanger revelation of the villain and his minions is canon, nothing else is (the "To Be Continued in Simple Man's Quest 2 part was a joke). The Forum of Judgment is going to be a much larger end-game dungeon with multiple bosses, events, puzzles, and a true conclusion to the plot.

Challenge bosses: Special, extra-challenging optional boss battles with no risk, no easy mode, a unique reward system and unlimited attempts allowed. Not including this in the contest version was especially frustrating for me, as the bosses were already in the game and only needed to be balanced.

Crafting: It's possible to get ore as loot in treasure chests, and although they're only vendor trash in the contest version, there are plans for an entire crafting system accessible through Vonwert's lab. The house decorating system (something I'm a big fan of) in the contest version is so small because I had planned for the player to craft most of their furniture, but you'll also be able to craft equipment and maybe a few special surprises.

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #46
Shard
can't relate

Shard is the master of unlocking.Shard is the master of unlocking.Shard is the master of unlocking.Shard is the master of unlocking.Shard is the master of unlocking.Shard is the master of unlocking.Shard is the master of unlocking.

That sounds dope as hell.
Shard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #47
josh
D:

josh must never leave.josh must never leave.josh must never leave.josh must never leave.josh must never leave.josh must never leave.josh must never leave.josh must never leave.josh must never leave.josh must never leave.

wow, this game has a surprising amount of depth! it's really funny, too. I'm loving all these inside jokes.

*** SPOILERS ***
I just finished the magic pencil quest. it made me laugh so hard when Gloomy showed up and fought Simple Man, Bonanza, and Fushigi. laughed even harder when they Simple Man and Bon were "charmed" during the first round.
*** END SPOILERS ***

the battle system is really interesting, and I can see myself playing through it more than once, considering there are branching paths. really good work, Ryner.
josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #48
Ryner
Bunny Car

Hey thanks! Glad to see there's still people checking out the game and with the holidays over I'm excited to have some free time to work on the final version.

Step 1: Finish the endgame dungeon.