RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker General

Old 08-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #21
Gustaff 13
Im afraid we have to stop

Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)
Re: Available NOW!... Simple Man's Quest for the Playground*

I marathoned it!

I'm unsatisfied with the *** SPOILERS ***
to be continued tease. Are you really going to finish this?
*** END SPOILERS ***

Old 08-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #22
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.

Yeah, sorry, I don't think anyone will be happy with that part.

*** SPOILERS ***
There's supposed to be a full endgame with the "Forum of Judgment" being a big dungeon with several puzzles and events, three boss battles, and a real conclusion to the plot. To beat the deadline though I had to throw together that lame "to be continued" cliffhanger at literally the last minute.
*** END SPOILERS ***

I'm going to try to complete work on a finished version as much as I can.

Any other feedback?

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #23
Gustaff 13
Im afraid we have to stop

Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Gustaff 13 vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)

The combat was very nice. Cool-downs, chaining, and hording rep for that big attack were all things that kept the battle fun.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 AM   #24
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

I was quite impressed with it except for what Gustaff mentioned. The righting was well done, the individual pav missions were inventive and exploited Pavilion lore in a believable fashion, the combat was fun and challenging. Other than it missing some Jamos (can't have EVERYBODY in the game after all), I think you did a great job. I was surprised with the amount of effort you put into this project. I honestly laughed out loud at several occasions. One suggestion I have is about the goblis. It is possible to get more than the five in the game. It would be nice to have some sort of secret mission or something be unlocked if you reach the max amount of Goblis possible. Just a suggestion.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #25
Jamos

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

Sorry for the double post, but I noticed some things during my second playthrough and thought I should mention them while they are fresh in my head.
*** SPOILERS ***
When you go to accept the Highwind/Bonanza mission instead of the word "Accept" being an option it is "Accpet". At the end of the Old Chap mission when you reach the crystal it gives you the option to destory it or something instead of destroy. Another is Vonwert tells you that he will give you 500 gold for every 3 fireflies collected yet he gives you 400. I may have overlooked some others.
*** END SPOILERS ***

Nothing major, just thought I would bring them to your attention. I'll play some more to look for others.

Add me... I'll wait.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #26
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the game enough to give it a second playthrough! I fixed two of the mistakes you mentioned (the info is much appreciated), but I'm not sure what you mean about the crystal. I checked the game data and it says only the "destroy" option is given. I also playtested the quest to confirm that. While the chat box does display in a choice style, the only possible selection is "Destroy it", you can't scroll to any other choices. Did you see something that I'm missing?

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #27
Jamos

I know it was the only option, but I could have swore it said destory or something instead. Though, it has been a long day... hell a long week and perhaps I'm just imagining things do to fatigue.

Add me... I'll wait.

Last edited by Jamos; 09-01-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #28
Ryner
Bunny Car

I checked twice, so I'm going to have to go with fatigue. Still, you're 2 for 3, and I appreciate the response. Thanks!

Last edited by Ryner; 09-01-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #29
Ωbright
Too Big to Fail

Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like

Wooooooooo!

Downloading right now.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #30
Ryner
Bunny Car

I think you'll enjoy your cameo.

I truly do.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #31
Sejon
[sɛʒɔn]

Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.Sejon is a welcome relief from you.

I'm playing it tooooooooo.
Sejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #32
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

I'm gonna start playing it this weekend. Can't wait.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #33
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!

I've started playing it also. I'm about ten minutes in. Cool! I like it so far. (It's awesome that you can just download it and play it without having to own RPG Maker VX!)
Old 09-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #34
LunarWingCloud
Humanoid Interface

LunarWingCloud is the new emperor of infinityLunarWingCloud is the new emperor of infinityLunarWingCloud is the new emperor of infinityLunarWingCloud is the new emperor of infinity

*downloads* This is gonna be fun.

Ryner, I love you. In a heterosexual way, somehow, of course.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #35
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

Just played the whole thing, and it's good enough that I may give it another play through, picking different activities.

I found a few text errors and typos, and one apparent glitch in the battle system, which you might or might not be able to fix.

I've got a lot of good things to say about Simple Man's Quest and I'll say more some other time. But overall it was a blast and you did a great job with it. Take a bow, man.

VX is a pretty cool platform, it seems. How far would you say you pushed its battle system compared to what's possible? How hard was it to work with?

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo

Last edited by Wavelength; 09-04-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 AM   #36
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!

I'm about 1:45 into my playthrough.

I must say that I love the chance to see which quests are outstanding.

I haven't chosen easy mode for anything yet.

It's a very well-made game Ryner. The battles are very interesting. I also really like the way you can customize your home.

Very cool experience so far.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #37
Bon
Childish Gambino

Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.Bon is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.

Kudos to the perfect score and quite popular game, Ryner.
Bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #38
Ryner
Bunny Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
I found a few text errors and typos, and one apparent glitch in the battle system, which you might or might not be able to fix.
If you could let me know specifics as soon as you get a chance, I'd appreciate it. I want to catch and fix as many mistakes as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post

VX is a pretty cool platform, it seems. How far would you say you pushed its battle system compared to what's possible? How hard was it to work with?
I didn't push it far at all. Everything I did in the battles was through the standard controls the game gives you. It was just a matter of finding the best way to implement my ideas with the building blocks I had. VX supports full script editing but I have no knowledge of Ruby or any other programming language. Someone who did could create battles that put mine to shame in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Last edited by Ryner; 09-06-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #39
Ryner
Bunny Car

A private message I received made me think about the challenge of the game. I've been very conscious to the fact that I might use easy modes as a crutch without fully realizing it. By that I mean I might think "I don't have to properly balance this part since the player can just use easy mode if they find it too hard." I don't think I've done this and have tried very hard to balance, but I admit it's a possibility. Obviously I don't want that. Add to the fact that it can be hard to judge the difficulty of a battle since I know the proper strategies from turn 0, and it can be hard to tell where my game stands on the difficulty gauge.

If any players could consider and answer the following questions, I'd appreciate it greatly.

1) What parts, if any, did you use easy mode for? About how many attempts did you make before the switch?
1b) Would you say you found those parts to be frustrating or otherwise a "bad" challenge (meaning TOO hard, overly frustrating, or hard for the wrong reasons)?

2) Were there any parts that you thought made especially "good" challenges? Battles or puzzles that you struggled with but were okay with making multiple attempts on? Where you made noticeably progress on your attempts and felt good after finally beating it?

It's not meant to be easy, of course. I'm perfectly fine with my players having to try a battle several times before figuring out what works, but I'd still like to read some responses to see where it all stands.

Thoughts?

Old 09-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #40
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Well, I've successfully played through every part without having to choose "easy" mode for anything. The battles are what have made me have to have multiple attempts. The battle to capture the monster in the loki ball took me three attempts, but I wouldn't say it was too hard. I liked it.

I like the mini-games. The matching one is very cool. I also like the lever pull (ala Jackpot style). I had no trouble helping Crunk. It was cool looking around the Pavilion to find him multiple times (you'll know what I'm talking about if you've played. If you haven't played yet, you should. very cool game). The last part of the brain puzzle (to get the orb was fun to figure out. Hurray for FROGGER experience.)

Right now I have three members in my parts and am preparing to do a little bit of the battle arena. I have three goblis (or four) I have to check.

I've enjoyed every minute of it so far. I'm at about three hours of gameplay.

Yay Ryner!

Last edited by Pagerron; 09-11-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Pagerron is offline   Reply With Quote