RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Video Games

Old 12-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #21
Lord_Mofop
Well, what is it?

Lord_Mofop can hold their own in a dog-launching contestLord_Mofop can hold their own in a dog-launching contest
Re: I don't get let's plays.

Back when I'd binge play Souls, there were a few Youtube uploaders I'd like to play in the background as a podcast sort of deal, so I could be even more immersed in the game. They'd usually give commentaries on the more in-depth mechanics of the game, or give tips for PvP. Every now and then something wacky would happen and I'd turn to see what they did, but other than that I don't see the appeal in just straight up watching someone play a video game non-stop.
Lord_Mofop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #22
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Brightness is just really nice

Actually, I like Let's Plays but it depends on the player. Like Matthew Santoro or Pewdiepie.

-Give me a sign
Brightness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #23
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightness View Post
Actually, I like Let's Plays but it depends on the player. Like Matthew Santoro or Pewdiepie.
In which case you're not watching for the games but for the performer. You like them and want to see/hear them, not whatever they're playing.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #24
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Brightness is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick Cook View Post
In which case you're not watching for the games but for the performer. You like them and want to see/hear them, not whatever they're playing.
Well, you can put it in that way but I that's just a bonus. I only watch games I can't play...

-Give me a sign
Brightness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #25
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poor

I think the art of the speedrun/Let's Play is a complete package, not performer vs. game.

There's so many different types of commentary styles, gameplay styles, the different types of games themselves, circumstances surrounding the stream itself...

When all facets work well at the same time, it can make for a truly unique experience that I love and admire.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #26
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.

I can't imagine streaming my gameplay of anything. If it's competitive multiplayer, I am just bad at those even with lots of practice. If it's a single-player game, I can't imagine my play style would draw in a crowd. I go off on wildly long and drawn out tangents of exploration and spend inordinate amounts of time trying to go places the game doesn't want me to go.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:39 PM   #27
DK

DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like

I streamed a little bit on my xbox over the summer and actually pulled in a small (like 10-12 people with 4-5 regulars being friends and another 2-3 regulars) audience by playing the original Doom 2 and doing ultra violence/nightmare pistol only runs.

I can't watch other people play aimlessly, so I'd would only stream if I had an objective in mind; I'd play through the level and that would be it for the day; but during the playthrough if things got slow cause I kept dying I could get into the history of the level (talk about how it's performed on various other ports of Doom 2) and stuff, it was actually a lot of fun...not sure why I stopped. Think I hit a level I couldn't beat.

A few months back, Magus and I also did a co-broadcast of speedrunning RE2, with us competing against each other for time using mixer, we had a blast doing that.

Last edited by DK; 12-13-2017 at 08:47 PM.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:55 PM   #28
JPS
Donkey Emperor

JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.JPS is loved even more than Berries N' Cream by the little lad.

Need to revive some of these old topics to start discussions again.

I only watch one LPer, and I've bought a lot of games that he's played, he's not one of those in-your-face LPers so its nice to just sit back and watch his videos when Im bored.

Ive released quite a few LPs and I used to stream a lot, never pulled in a lot of people, didn't really care to, I just did it because a few people I knew wanted to watch.