RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Video Games

Old 12-12-2017, 12:04 AM   #5161
Caciss
hates everyone

Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like
Re: Unofficially Official What are you Playing

Been getting sick of Rocket League and not playing well to boot. Swapping it out with some Battlerite, I played back in early beta but nearly dead community largely kept me away. Since officially releasing as free2play the player base has been rejuvenated and I'm having a blast.
Caciss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #5162
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is a glorious beacon of light

I just got the true ending to Alphadia Genesis 2 yesterday and it was very good but also sad. The feels for Enah! Poor Enah! T-T
Anyways, the game is really good and has an awesome story! The game can get really hard at certain points though. When I got to the true final boss I had to turn it on easy, and it was still hard! I had to grind, do all of the side quests, and do the arena. This game makes me want to buy and play the first Alphadia Genesis. This game has 2 endings to it. The normal ending, and the true ending. The normal ending was good, and I can see a sequel for it but Kemco probably wouldn't do that because it's not how the game truly ends. The true ending was really good, and I can totally see an Alphadia Genesis 3 since it's how the game truly ends plus it ends at a really good cliffhanger. This game is actually a prequel to Alphadia Genesis (except for the after-credits scene after you get the true ending). I must play the first Alphadia Genesis so I know what happens to Enah during the timeline gap. I also want an Alphadia Genesis 3 to be made so we know what happens to Enah in Celesia, and what Aurra will think about where she sent Enah away from Lagoon. Will the heroes of the first Alphadia Genesis travel to Celesia? Will there be new heroes from Celesia and Lagoon? IDK? I just want to play the first Alphadia Genesis, and for Kemco to make an Alphadia Genesis 3!

Last edited by RPGMakerConsoleFan101; 12-19-2017 at 04:51 PM.
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #5163
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.

I am still playing both Rocket League and Overwatch a bit.

I have an hour played of every OW hero at a minimum, with two hours+ each for Lucio, Mercy, Pharah, Moira, and Sombra. The only Heroes I just don't really enjoy playing are Junkrat and Ana, and I'm finding Zarya's kit harder to use the longer I go. Now that I have the basics of each Hero I have to start learning the finer points of how their abilities work, which is what the next hour of playtime for each hero will probably be. Reading up on the abilities and play guides. It took Yeti Hunt for me to finally figure out how to play Winston effectively. Now that I can play him decently I think I'll end up using him more often.

Mei is at 8 hours and I've reached the point with her where I am learning the maps much better and finding the novel uses of Ice Wall to get around and surprise enemies. She is still easily my favorite Hero and the one I have the most fun with. Shutting down Genji and Tracer is one of my favorite things and knocking out a Widowmaker from distance with a lucky head shot is divine. Junkrat and Reaper are difficult but putting distance/barriers between me and them helps me survive their insane point blank damage capability, and there's almost no way to take out a Reinhardt or Roadhog by myself. Instead of getting frustrated at the many ways to counter a Mei, I find that it gives me the drive to figure out how best to beat those heroes.

I am still only dabbling in Comp and basically just flitting between 2050 and 2200 SR when I play. The community in the Gold rank is pretty toxic and that's apparently nothing new for competitive gaming so I just ignore it and keep doing what I do.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:37 PM   #5164
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

MetalKingTonberry is a fairly shiny person.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.

FE Echoes has been pretty good. Just got into Act 2, and while I like Celica's party so far, I have to say I like Alm's party more. Especially because of Gray and Kliff. I didn't originally think I'd like Gray that much, but he's actually surprisingly funny. His "Come at me, fools!" line makes me laugh.

I mainly got FFXII Zodiac Age because it has the High Speed Mode. The original FFXII always felt really slow to me, even with the battle speed set to the maximum. Playing it at 4x speed helps with that, and it's pretty hilarious to watch (but not as funny as it was in IX). The Zodiac Job System is an interesting change, as well. So far I have Archer Vaan, Knight Balthier, and Monk Fran. Don't know if any of those were technically good or bad choices, but I don't really care too much.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:44 PM   #5165
DK

DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like

People flip in OW for no real reason but usually cool off after points on the map are taken/lost and 'reset'. That said, in gold there's almost no reason to really need voice comms unless you're playing someone dependent on them (zenny tagging someone with discord or ana sleeping someone), your fundamentals will get you out of gold.

I still play a lot but the current shield meta is really killing my Widow game, I"ve taken a real liking to Sombra so far to get around them.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:45 PM   #5166
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKingTonberry View Post
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.

FE Echoes has been pretty good. Just got into Act 2, and while I like Celica's party so far, I have to say I like Alm's party more. Especially because of Gray and Kliff. I didn't originally think I'd like Gray that much, but he's actually surprisingly funny. His "Come at me, fools!" line makes me laugh.

I mainly got FFXII Zodiac Age because it has the High Speed Mode. The original FFXII always felt really slow to me, even with the battle speed set to the maximum. Playing it at 4x speed helps with that, and it's pretty hilarious to watch (but not as funny as it was in IX). The Zodiac Job System is an interesting change, as well. So far I have Archer Vaan, Knight Balthier, and Monk Fran. Don't know if any of those were technically good or bad choices, but I don't really care too much.
I really want those games!
Old 12-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #5167
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

I've been playing through Fire Emblem Echoes since I got it for Christmas, and I really enjoy it! I'm past the prologue, and am currently on act 1. I made Gray a Mercenary, Tobin an Archer, Faye a Cleric, and Kliff a Mage. I like the story so far! The characters are enjoyable, and the gameplay is really fun! I'm also playing Samurai Warriors Chronicles which I like but not as much as Fire Emblem Echoes.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #5168
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Brightness is a fairly shiny person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMakerConsoleFan101 View Post
I've been playing through Fire Emblem Echoes since I got it for Christmas, and I really enjoy it! I'm past the prologue, and am currently on act 1. I made Gray a Mercenary, Tobin an Archer, Faye a Cleric, and Kliff a Mage. I like the story so far! The characters are enjoyable, and the gameplay is really fun! I'm also playing Samurai Warriors Chronicles which I like but not as much as Fire Emblem Echoes.
Ever since Fire emblem came out in NES, I fell in love with it. Sadly, I haven't played their recent games yet...

-Give me a sign
Brightness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #5169
The Toecutter
Techno-luddite

The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.The Toecutter has been waylaid by enemies and must defend themself.

The Witcher 3 is brutal. Therefore I love it.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #5170
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.

I'll be back from vacation later today and am looking forward to playing Rocket League and Overwatch after 11 days away.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:23 PM   #5171
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.

I got a boatload of steam wallet creds for Christmas. Bought myself Skyrim Special Edition, Dark Souls 3, Portal 2, and Witcher 3, and I still have over $100 left to spend. I might save it for the summer sale to see if some of the more expensive games that I want will have a reduced price later on.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #5172
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
I got a boatload of steam wallet creds for Christmas. Bought myself Skyrim Special Edition, Dark Souls 3, Portal 2, and Witcher 3, and I still have over $100 left to spend. I might save it for the summer sale to see if some of the more expensive games that I want will have a reduced price later on.
Maybe you should get RPG Maker 2003 (Normal Price: $19.99/Sale Price: $3.99), RPG Maker XP (Normal Price: $24.99/Sale Price: $4.99), RPG Maker VX Ace (Normal Price: $69.99/Sale Price: $13.99), or RPG Maker MV (Normal Price: $79.99/Sale Price: $19.99) while they're still on sale (unless you already have them).
Old 01-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #5173
H2SO4
H2SO4

H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.H2SO4 should consider running for president of the astronauts.

I recently stumbled across my old FFXI login info, and resubscribed. I was pleasantly surprised by the many small and large QoL improvements they have made over the year, such as Homepoint teleporting and NPC party members. I was also surprised to find upwards of ~2000 people online simultaneously on the Asura sever, which I understand is the most active server these days.
H2SO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:43 AM   #5174
Chad
Goes down smooth

Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.Chad has the memory of an elephant... with brain damage.

PUBG finally officially launched. It's been a great confidence booster as it's 10x easier to get that chicken dinner right now. They really just need to focus in on fixing bugs now. (Which is so insane that that's a serious post-launch statement.)

"Couch co-op is the only true co-op." Richard of the Cooks.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #5175
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

I've been having some great matches in Rocket League. When I got back I stumbled for a few matches and then it was kind of like that whole "time away improves game" thing again, but specifically for aerial sense and teamplay.

I'm pretty solid on being able to make shots, so I've been focusing on being better at passing and knowing where my team is so we're not running over each other chasing after the ball. And probably the biggest issue I still have is thinking I can get to a ball before someone else and then they're hitting it way before me anyway, but even that I've started to correct for distance and make sure I'm still in defensive positioning instead of rocketing toward a ball I wouldn't get to anyway.

I think I'm pretty firmly in Silver at this point for Solo Standard and won't drop back down to Bronze without some kind of epic loss run, so it's all about that slow and steady win rate to push to Gold.

In Overwatch I am in imminent danger of dropping to Silver because I played 8 Comp games yesterday and lost 7 of them, mostly to ****ty people being ****ty. I had some games where I wasn't playing very well, but mostly it was just people leaving or people throwing and complaining about "throw Heroes" (which Mei and Sombra are apparently considered right now). I've pretty much exclusively been playing Mei, Sombra, and Lucio in Comp, with Mercy on backup if we don't have someone ready to play her. I kinda hate playing Mercy because it's really boring and also because she's the biggest target in every single match. If I hang out with a tank they just focus me down. If I hang out with a tank and a DPS, they just focus me down because the DPS isn't very good or isn't bothering to help me.

I don't really like QP anymore because it's just either being on a team that dives and fails or being on a team that dives and wins. It basically feels like win-trading and that isn't fun. Arcade modes have some fun stuff in them but a lot of the same issues exist in Arcade that exist in QP. Comp is where the team play is really happening, when it happens at all, so that's where I'm focusing most of my efforts. It's just demoralizing as hell.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:52 PM   #5176
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

I'm up to Silver 2 Division 4 in Solo Standard in Rocket League. I hate rotating because if the team doesn't do it it really doesn't help much and actually hinders. Cause you absolutely cannot trust that someone is in goal, so I often see that the team isn't doing anything resembling a rotation and bounce into "guess I'm goalie" mode.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:22 AM   #5177
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!

I've been playing Zelda: BOTW pretty much exclusively since I bought my Switch after Christmas. Really don't mind the whole weapon breaking thing considering there are weapons everywhere and it makes you try a whole bunch of stuff. Part of the reason other open world RPGs are boring is the itemization. In Skyrim, you pretty much you the same weapon the entire game after you get to a certain point. It's nice that this game forces the player to mix it up, even if it has been met with some negativity.

Aside from that, I've been trying to make some progress in the new Path of Exile league when I don't feel like playing Zelda. PUBG and CS:GO with friends on Friday, not much else.

---

Hopefully I can beat BOTW before FFXII HD releases on Steam in February. Been waiting for that glorious PC release for quite awhile.
Mcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #5178
GLM
1989 POLOCOM

GLM is a splendid one to beholdGLM is a splendid one to behold

I started playing Let it Die in the summer and got turned off by the punishing, and borderline cheap, difficulty. Normally I enjoy that in a game, but this just seemed like it was there to strongly encourage spending money. I gave up on the JIN-DIE miniboss on floor 16.

Well, I started again and now I'm at floor 35/40 (for the original game) without spending a dime. Getting past U-10 on floor 32, and then the COEN on floor 34, was an ordeal, but I'd done well enough in Tokyo Death Metro to get a special two-handed sword with 1500-ish ATK. The best weapon I had before that was 340 ATK and even that was leagues ahead of the other weapons I had available. You used to be able to cheese the endgame minibosses with mushrooms that have since been nerfed, so I never got to ride that train baby-train to five-star fighters. It's kind of disgusting how much of a jump the stats increase from four-star to five-star fighters..

There's something I find very addicting about the quest to "100%" this game without spending any money. Does anyone else play?
Old 01-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #5179
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.
Unhappy Re: Unofficially Official What are you Playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcardy View Post
I've been playing Zelda: BOTW pretty much exclusively since I bought my Switch after Christmas. Really don't mind the whole weapon breaking thing considering there are weapons everywhere and it makes you try a whole bunch of stuff...
I kind of respected the fact that Zelda BotW was the first game in a long time to take the weapon durability mechanic seriously. It's definitely more realistic than doing 100+ fully powered swings with a blade against concrete walls in Dark Souls before causing temporary damage to the weapon.
dragaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:07 PM   #5180
DK

DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like

yeah it really complimented the realism of pausing at any moment in a battle to eat food and get all your health back too.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote