RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Game Forums > Twisted Reality Games

Old 01-10-2018, 11:30 PM   #1
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight
Contest Entry: Zelda (RPGM2)

Gonna do my best to recreate the first Zelda game for RPGM2, I will be tweaking certain HUD features as I don't want to overload RPGM2 too much. It'll still be there but only when needed, like for example if you gain a Rupee it'll show your count and go away after some time, or it'll display when you're trying to buy something. It of course won't be the full game, probably like 2~3 dungeons? Depends on how well things go, If it all runs smoothly I'll just do a full recreation of the entire game. .

I will be using a unique movement system too, as in the Link will be an event and the actual player will be the "camera" so during each map transition the "camera" will run to the next panel just like in the original.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:53 PM   #2
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite
Re: Contest Entry: Zelda (RPGM2)

I've never liked Zelda or had any interest in it. That being said, this intrigues me. I look forward to it. Good luck with it. Hope you don't run into too many complications.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:19 AM   #3
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.

Great idea, Drew. You know I'm all about testing your latest innovations. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.
dragaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamos View Post
I've never liked Zelda or had any interest in it. That being said, this intrigues me. I look forward to it. Good luck with it. Hope you don't run into too many complications.
Yeah, fingers crossed haha. But being how RPG Maker II is finicky I think that i'll have some issues, albeit minor...hopefully.

Last edited by Drew; 01-11-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Drew
Pavilionite

The overworld theme was not done by me, but by Jugem.

The only little bit I'm going to show until much much later in development.

Last edited by Drew; 01-15-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks cool!
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #7
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

Kudos to Jugem for his work on that theme. Putting together music can be tough to begin with. To do so using RPGM2... let's just say he did a good job. I just hope tat it doesn't hinder any kind of performance. After all, while a lot can be done with RPGM2, it can be pretty damn easy to slow **** down or stop it all together. But since this is sort of your thing, I'm sure that it shouldn't be a problem.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is offline   Reply With Quote