Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > Front Desk > News Forum

Old 01-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #21
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Brightness is a name known to all
Re: Contest time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ce View Post
If you need a judge, let me know. Or I might try and make something.
Oh my gosh! A legend arrived!

-Give me a sign
Brightness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #22
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight

I'll try and come up with something on RPGM 2. I was thinking possibly Zelda 1 remake. Or maybe Link to the past. Or something...I'll keep you posted.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:16 PM   #23
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is a splendid one to behold

I'm thinking about recreating Sword Art Online in RPG Maker Fes featuring me, some of you guys at the pavilion, some original characters, and a character that you create yourself (aka, the main character).
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:25 PM   #24
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

I'm thinking of having a lot of cool stuff in my game! Maybe a crafting system, guild system, upgrading system, house creation system, and a character creation system!

Sakon Shima, Katsuie Shibata, Mitsunari Ishida, and Masamune Date are ready to PARTY!
Old 01-09-2018, 11:32 PM   #25
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMakerConsoleFan101 View Post
I'm thinking of having a lot of cool stuff in my game! Maybe a crafting system, guild system, upgrading system, house creation system, and a character creation system!
As long as it won't take to much memory (does it have a memory limit?)

-Give me a sign
Old 01-10-2018, 12:16 PM   #26
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

Yes! The memory limit is over 1,000,000/1 million!

Sakon Shima, Katsuie Shibata, Mitsunari Ishida, and Masamune Date are ready to PARTY!
Old 01-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #27
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

I might also add a relationship system, day/night time system, a skill system similar to Sword Art Online, a job system (what I mean by this is your character actually having a job like a chef, carpenter, farmer, etc), and multiple endings!

Last edited by RPGMakerConsoleFan101; 01-21-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #28
JPS
Chillin' All Day

JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!

If I create a save file for RPGM3 on PC(using an PS2 emulator, but a legit RPGM3 disc) do you know if that will be able to be downloaded and played? My PS2 pooped out a long time ago.

Here I come Pav, like the Kool-Aid man barging into a funeral! Oh yeah!

Last edited by JPS; 01-21-2018 at 11:00 PM.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:04 AM   #29
1ce
Stay informed

1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.

That's a great question. I remember that it doesn't work for RPG Maker 1, but not sure about 2/3.

I remember Drew posting about messing with an emulator for RPGM2. I'm not sure if he has 3, but maybe ask him.

If all else fails you could put a test save on here and I'll try and run it from my ps2.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #30
JPS
Chillin' All Day

JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!JPS plays that funky music, white boy!

I can confirm that nope, you cant, the emulator saves the mem card slots only as 2 files, and can only be accessed through the emulator :/

You can convert the memory card to a folder with all individual files, but Im not sure if they can be successfully uploaded to play.

Here are the files, hopefully you can get them on there, you will need to extract it first I think.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zT...tIclp-CzfijbB4

EDIT: I dont even see a way to download the files...

EDIT2: Try this?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g4...qiXXgSLEB5MdcH

Last edited by JPS; 01-22-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #31
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plate

Quote:
I might also add a relationship system, day/night time system, a skill system similar to Sword Art Online, a job system (what I mean by this is your character actually having a job like a chef, carpenter, farmer, etc), and multiple endings!
You’d be better off with a small, concise project that is done well than stretching yourself too thin, especially when a deadline is involved. The more you try to add the less likely you’ll ever get anything done.

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #32
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.

Take Ryner's words to heart. I did that and things didn't not go well. This time around, if I enter I'm thinking about making a simple puzzler. A lot less coding that needs to be done and if done right can make things interesting.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #33
Owl of Parliament 2
Banned

Owl of Parliament 2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You have very stupid ideas! You're a dumbass!
Owl of Parliament 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #34
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl of Parliament 2 View Post
You have very stupid ideas! You're a dumbass!
I think they're really good ideas! You don't even play RPG Maker (at least I think you don't)!
Old 01-23-2018, 11:08 PM   #35
JPS
Chillin' All Day

Don't feed the trolls, just Ignore him, I'll even be nice enough to provide the link lol

http://www.rpgmpavilion.com/forum/pr...=ignore&u=3537

Old 01-24-2018, 03:01 AM   #36
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
Don't feed the trolls, just Ignore him
Well, he can change his attitude to change our perspective about him. I feel Owl of Parliament 2 (Whoever he/she may be) can contribute to this pav. (Positively that is).

-Give me a sign
Old 01-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #37
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryner View Post
You’d be better off with a small, concise project that is done well than stretching yourself too thin, especially when a deadline is involved. The more you try to add the less likely you’ll ever get anything done.
I'm going to cancel the character creation system because this major factor would affect most of the game (the relationships, and endings). If I included a character creation system you would be able to play as a male or female which would affect the relationships, and endings but your character's name wouldn't be mentioned in the dialogue, your character wouldn't talk (except for some special relationship events, and some endings), and you're character would kind of be treated as a nobody. By removing this system it actually allows a lot of free time, and memory. Also I will make the character a male with a default name. By doing this the main character will speak in the dialogue, have a name, and be treated as a person. I will for sure still add relationships, and multiple endings!
Old 01-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #38
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
I can confirm that nope, you cant, the emulator saves the mem card slots only as 2 files, and can only be accessed through the emulator :/

You can convert the memory card to a folder with all individual files, but Im not sure if they can be successfully uploaded to play.

Here are the files, hopefully you can get them on there, you will need to extract it first I think.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zT...tIclp-CzfijbB4

EDIT: I dont even see a way to download the files...

EDIT2: Try this?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g4...qiXXgSLEB5MdcH
You need a Third party program to convert the save file into a .MAX file, I use MyMC just google it and you'll find it, I haven't had a ps2 in years so I do all my work through an emulator.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:34 PM   #39
JPS
Chillin' All Day

Ah ok, I forgot all about the .max extension, Ill see what I can do with it in the coming days, Im working the next few.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:58 PM   #40
1ce
Stay informed

1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.

So I'm totally making a game for the contest. I don't want to spill much about it, except that it's a RPGM1 game. Get ready to dust off your dexdrives this summer.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote