RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker Workshop > RPG Maker FES

Old 07-05-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

MetalKingTonberry is a fairly shiny person.
Making treasure chests without using switches/variables?

Are there any ways to make treasure chests without using switches/variables for each and every one?

The only way I've found is to use a page condition for having the item, since it will change to that page once you open the treasure chest, but that only works for something that you can't get more than one of in the entire game.

That leaves the problem of treasure chests with common items. I certainly don't want to use up switches/variables just to make a treasure chest with gold or a common item in it, but there doesn't seem to be any other way that I've found.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:53 PM   #2
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like
Re: Making treasure chests without using switches/variables?

Assuming that you do not need anything in the chest to be tracked with a variable, I believe there is an "easy event" command when you first open the event menu (there should be three choices...event settings (or some such...do not have the game in front of me right now), easy event and initial position. Easy event contains things like "premade" inns, shops, treasure chests, etc. I've not used these yet, but seemingly you just plug in what you want in the chest (or cost for the inn, etc) and the software generates it for you without having to do any extra scripting.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:31 PM   #3
Goyle
keep walking forward

Goyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perversion View Post
Assuming that you do not need anything in the chest to be tracked with a variable, I believe there is an "easy event" command when you first open the event menu (there should be three choices...event settings (or some such...do not have the game in front of me right now), easy event and initial position. Easy event contains things like "premade" inns, shops, treasure chests, etc. I've not used these yet, but seemingly you just plug in what you want in the chest (or cost for the inn, etc) and the software generates it for you without having to do any extra scripting.
The easy events do set it up for you, but it still uses a variable to do so.

Doubly unfortunate is, since you cannot change the appearance of an event with commands, I haven't found a good way to set up old-fashioned treasure chests without a 3-stage variable - unless you're okay with the chest not visually being open until the script is done.
Goyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:34 PM   #4
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.

You mean to tell us that FES doesn't have Self Switches like in the PC Makers??
Old 07-05-2017, 11:41 PM   #5
Goyle
keep walking forward

Goyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
You mean to tell us that FES doesn't have Self Switches like in the PC Makers??
No, it does not. I can't think of any of the console Makers that have had self switches though boy I sure wish they did.
Goyle is online now   Reply With Quote