RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker General

Old 06-29-2017, 09:42 PM   #41
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poor
Re: RPG Maker FES General Information

Downloading now.

Contest maybe?

Last edited by Maijo; 06-29-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Maijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:46 PM   #42
Goyle
keep walking forward

Goyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310oz

I ordered my copy today! I'm not sure if it's still going on, but if you have Amazon Prime, you get like 8 bucks knocked off the order as a Prime special.
Goyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #43
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!

Does anyone else think it's hilarious that movement commands as they appear in the main script menu is wrong? Hopefully that fix that in an update.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #44
Goyle
keep walking forward

Goyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310oz

I just got my copy and from my initial experiments, if seems you get 64 slots EACH for Items, Defensive Gear, and Weapons. That opens things up a little more, for sure.

I'm a little disappointed in the monster choice; there's a lot of really solid core monsters, but no really interesting boss-worthy sprites that are inspiring me. Also all of the female portraits are extremely boobs out which is not my favorite thing.

EDIT: A few other tidbits I've noticed after an hour or two that I didn't spy anywhere else in the topic -
  • You have 500 switches and 500 variables. A solid amount for what we're doing here.
  • As mentioned before, it doesn't appear you can designate custom statuses, which is a shame. The statuses included base are: Poison, Curse (MP poison), Paralyze, Sleep, Confuse, Silence, Blind, Petrify, and Instant Death.
  • It also appears you cannot define custom elements. The elements included are Fire, Wind, Earth, Water, Light, and Dark. There is also a pre-determined vulnerability wheel, which is Fire -> Wind -> Earth -> Water -> Fire, with Light being weak to the classic four but strong against Dark, and Dark being weak to light but strong against the other four. I haven't tested this in practice to make sure my interpretation is correct, but that seems to be the case.
  • An odd oversight: I cannot for the life of me find a suitable "natural" cave door for an indoor cave dungeon. It's the weirdest thing.

Last edited by Goyle; 07-02-2017 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:08 PM   #45
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like

I think the best "custom" thing they included was the ability to display up to two different variables on the screen. I've not tried it yet, but it is an included piece of scripting.

The countdown timer showing on-screen is also nice.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #46
Funk
Bake Sale of the Year

Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like

24 hours into creation time, and my first real attempt at an RPG Maker game is going swimmingly. I don't find the limitations to be that much of a hindrance. The battle system seems to be the least impressive aspect of the software, at least to me. I'm not worried about that much, though, because in my "planned" series, the battles would have come last in terms of importance anyways. I say planned in quotes because this is almost completely impromptu, with no script. Luckily it seems to be writing itself, and I feel I have some good stuff so far. My main objective is the laughs, with a moderate focus on puzzles. There is an absurd but hopefully fun story, and battles when I feel the need for them to be there, including the necessity to acquire a dropped item.

Hopefully after another 75 hours of creation time I'll have close to a full game or at least a demo to put out.

Last edited by Funk; 07-03-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #47
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like

https://tkool.jp/fes/dlc.html

In case anyone is interested, here is the forthcoming DLC. It is apparently already out on the EU version (day one), and it is presumed to be released in the US soon, hopefully with the Thursday update.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #48
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perversion View Post
https://tkool.jp/fes/dlc.html

In case anyone is interested, here is the forthcoming DLC. It is apparently already out on the EU version (day one), and it is presumed to be released in the US soon, hopefully with the Thursday update.
I really like some of those tiles. Opens up the door for some unorthodox gameplay.

*edit* Not a huge fan of the countless microtransactions looming after already paying for the game though.

Last edited by dragaron; 07-04-2017 at 10:42 AM.
dragaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #49
Perversion
Girl Licker

I think about a third or more is free to download, though, and most are only a couple of bucks each.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:36 AM   #50
Goyle
keep walking forward

I've put about 10 hours of clocked time into my project, and I've barely scratched the surface of the intro. I haven't even gotten to a point where battles are relevant. It's taken some time to get used to the map editor especially, I find myself swapping back and forth between tabs a loooooot. It's not the most intuitive, but I do like that there are no tileset / theme restrictions on what you can use where.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:44 AM   #51
Duel
Donkey Emperor

Duel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealed

The largest map size seems overwhelming. That ****s huge.

Duel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #52
Goyle
keep walking forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duel View Post
The largest map size seems overwhelming. That ****s huge.
Yeah I made the mistake of making one of my interior maps the largest size (I figured I would stick all the floors on one map) and...well, I'm going to cram a lot more into this map before its full now.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #53
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!

That large map scares me a bit. No doubt some newbie creator will just drop you in one of those with random encounters turned way up.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:05 AM   #54
Perversion
Girl Licker

People at other forums seem to be up in arms about the lack of forthcoming DLC that EU received day one. To be honest, I am putzing around with the software but am hesitating to MAKE make anything at risk of having to possibly change a bunch of it when the new assets are released.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:16 AM   #55
Duel
Donkey Emperor

Duel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealed

I'm currently just writing characters and the plot for my game before I jump into the creation process. I'm using Celtx to write the script and an app called Story Planner to organize all the locations, scenes, and plots.

Duel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:29 PM   #56
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is made out of valuable stones!

I keep hearing people saying that there's a 64 item limit! Is that true? When I played RPG Maker Fes you had 3 different item lists (Weapons, Armor/Accessories, and Items). Each list gives you 64 slots (192 in total). Maybe people are just specifically talking about the Items list not all of the lists (Weapons, Armor/Accessories, and Items). I wish that they would separate the Armor and Accessories so they didn't share the same list. It would be nicer so if you create 64 different armor and you decide to create an accessory, you wouldn't need to delete one of the armor that you created. 64 is a good amount in my opinion (except for the Armor/Accessories list).

Last edited by RPGMakerConsoleFan101; 07-08-2017 at 10:32 PM.
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #57
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

NIS says the DLC delay is something going on with Nintendo that they're working on.

Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #58
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is made out of valuable stones!

I love this game a lot! I can't wait for when the DLC comes out! I had a feeling it wasn't NIS America's fault for not releasing the DLC. So it's all Nintendo's fault (I guess).
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #59
Goyle
keep walking forward

I can't confirm because I'm at work, but word on the street is the DLC is out! Here is the price breakdown I found.

---

Modern Set Key- Free

Special Materials Set Key- $2

Modern Set Key 2- $6

Modern Horror Set Key- $9

Sengoku Set Key- Free

Sengoku Set Key 2- $4

Supernatural Set Key- $6

Sci-Fi Set Key- Free

Sci-Fi Set 2 Key- $9

Extra Upload Slots(opens 15 slots)- 15 of these for $1 each
Old 07-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #60
1ce
Stay informed

I can confirm, downloading the free DLC now.