RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker General

Old 06-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #21
Goyle
keep walking forward

Goyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310oz
Re: RPG Maker FES General Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perversion View Post
Doing the same, actually. Yeah...64 item limit will put a big damper on that.
My thought experiment is you could store the number of crafting items you have in respective variables for each, and you should be able to simulate it all from there. The only trouble is making sure the info is available to the player easily, since I'm assuming you can't add menu options.
Goyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:13 PM   #22
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
My thought experiment is you could store the number of crafting items you have in respective variables for each, and you should be able to simulate it all from there. The only trouble is making sure the info is available to the player easily, since I'm assuming you can't add menu options.
Well and unfortunately variables only hold values you can't set a variable to a variable.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:19 PM   #23
Biggie
Could get out more

Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?

Can I walk into a gamestop and buy this game?
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #24
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

Yeah, you should be able to. Unless your gamestop sucks and didn't order any

Last edited by Valkysas; 06-28-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:34 PM   #25
Biggie
Could get out more

Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?

Might stop there tomorrow then. I have a fun game idea. Any contests coming up?
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:47 PM   #26
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
Can you make your own Status Ailments? If not, what existing states are there?

Also, how good is the Soundtrack?
From what it looks like:

Make Poison
Heal Poison
Make Knocked Out
Heal Knocked Out

from what I see in the event editor anyway. And the music isn't terrible from this pack anyway.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:44 PM   #27
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
Can I walk into a gamestop and buy this game?
I did yesterday.

Quote:
Can you make your own Status Ailments? If not, what existing states are there?
I do not have it in front of me right now, but from what I remember seeing, you have all the usual suspects...poison, sleep, confusion, petrify, paralysis...maybe one or two more I am forgetting. All wear off over time aside from paralysis.

On an unrelated note, I think it is odd that the game allows you to set/use variables for enemy damage.

Last edited by Perversion; 06-28-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Perversion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:18 AM   #28
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

MetalKingTonberry is a fairly shiny person.

I got it, and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

I'm really liking how easily you can use variables to decide the power of abilities, items, weapons, and even enemies. You can easily make things you can "upgrade" by using events. I just finished making an optional boss that starts out really weak, but gets more powerful and gives more EXP every time you defeat it.

Another interesting idea is healing items that can be upgraded, instead of making a lot of different ones. That would especially help save some item space, if you only have one item for restoring HP and one for restoring MP instead of having three or more different items for both.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:45 AM   #29
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKingTonberry View Post
Another interesting idea is healing items that can be upgraded, instead of making a lot of different ones. That would especially help save some item space, if you only have one item for restoring HP and one for restoring MP instead of having three or more different items for both.
Well, if you can use variables for Item Formulas, then couldn't you create an event that allowed you to do something that would increase a Variable that affects the Healing amount of your Items?

Or are we talking about totally different variables here?

Last edited by Redeye; 06-29-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Redeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:09 AM   #30
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
Well, if you can use variables for Item Formulas, then couldn't you create an event that allowed you to do something that would increase a Variable that affects the Healing amount of your Items?

Or are we talking about totally different variables here?
That's pretty much what I'm talking about, actually.

Like, you could have an alchemist (event) in a town, who will increase the power of your healing potions (increasing the healing variable) for some amount of gold.

That seems like a better option than making a "super" healing potion and "ultimate" healing potion in addition to the normal one. You'd be able to save two item spaces, which can be important with a limit of 64 items.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:17 AM   #31
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.Redeye is like a surfing ninja that kills pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKingTonberry View Post
That's pretty much what I'm talking about, actually.

Like, you could have an alchemist (event) in a town, who will increase the power of your healing potions (increasing the healing variable) for some amount of gold.

That seems like a better option than making a "super" healing potion and "ultimate" healing potion in addition to the normal one. You'd be able to save two item spaces, which can be important with a limit of 64 items.
Ah, alright. The way you worded it made it seem like there wasn't a way to do it. But anways, RM FES sounds fairly powerful, almost on par with the PC Makers, even though there are a multitude of retarded restrictions like a small database restriction and the lack of a graphics / music creator. If that one WarioWare DIY Game can pull that off, this game has no excuses.

Last edited by Redeye; 06-29-2017 at 01:18 AM.
Redeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:52 AM   #32
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtainsJamos got caught in the curtains

Dear suckers,

Give me a free 3DS. Oh and also this game while you are at it.

Sincerely,
Some Loon

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:29 AM   #33
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like

I might just be dumb, but why am I unable to find any type of go to, or take over event or event end condition? The closest thing I can find is the ability to set a page to activate via a switch or variable.

I know there has to be something, though, because as I was clicking around, I saw something that allowed you to specify an event and possible even a line of scripting within said event. But now I have no clue how to get to it any more.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:19 AM   #34
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

Quote:
I might just be dumb, but why am I unable to find any type of go to, or take over event or event end condition? The closest thing I can find is the ability to set a page to activate via a switch or variable.

I know there has to be something, though, because as I was clicking around, I saw something that allowed you to specify an event and possible even a line of scripting within said event. But now I have no clue how to get to it any more.
Take Over seems to be "Event continue", which is at the bottom of the "Move control" event list. Have to say, it does feel out-of-place there.

---

Also, I was just playing around with an instant level up event and found another thing.

Once a character has reached level 50, the EXP requirements after that do not increase anymore. Here's the amounts for each growth setting after level 50:

Slow: 65000 EXP each level
Normal: 40000 EXP each level
Fast: 25000 EXP each level

The EXP display maxes at 999999, but you can still get more EXP and level up after that. With a slow growth character, you'll get that much a long time before you'll actually be level 99.

I'm glad I found this out quickly. Now I won't have to worry about how to balance EXP so much.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:58 AM   #35
LunarWingCloud
Humanoid Interface

LunarWingCloud is the new emperor of infinityLunarWingCloud is the new emperor of infinityLunarWingCloud is the new emperor of infinityLunarWingCloud is the new emperor of infinity

Interested in getting this. Good friend of mine of 8 years got it. Said it's mostly like a lite version of a modern PC Maker but has some mechanical similarities to the console stuff the way certain database functions are handled.

I like the fact other 3DS owners can download a free app so that you can send your games for them to play even if they don't have FES. Makes me wanna get it just to make a cute, short game.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:04 AM   #36
Funk
Bake Sale of the Year

Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like Funk is walking around in the background like

I have decided to make a VERY short game using the Fantasy set. It's purpose is to set the stage for my games to come. Shouldn't take me long to make. I'm rather excited: I came up with the idea in the shower this morning.

Last edited by Funk; 06-29-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #37
DarkwingChuck
Donkey Emperor

Location: Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
DarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small treesDarkwingChuck sleeps with small trees

I finally got my 3DS to acknowledge the existence of SD cards this morning and got to poke around a little bit. They really don't bother giving any kind of tutorial or explanation. Or am I missing it? I'm going to try recreating the first area of Gobli just to get the hang of things.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:27 PM   #38
Draygone
"Raccoonish"

Draygone wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Draygone wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Draygone wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Draygone wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Draygone wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Draygone wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Draygone wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Draygone wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Draygone wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.

I don't know how many people will successfully make games for this, but I sure wouldn't mind if there were a way to record those games, without having to put a camera on my 3DS screen or spend an extravagent amount of money on a capture card for the older-model 3DS. Would the game files be transferrable to a PC? Maybe if I'm lucky, the player will get emulated.
"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."
Draygone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:10 PM   #39
Perversion
Girl Licker

Some downsides that I have noticed already...

-For the life of me, I am unable to stop an auto-event from running, aside from transitioning to another event. I hope event data does not use a lot of memory, because I might be using a bunch of these. Switching to another page does not seem to work either. At the end of the event on a different page, it starts running the auto-event again. Tried to switch it off using switches, but after spending a few hours trying many, many combinations, it does not seem to work.

-There is seemingly no way to make a branching path based on variables. You can activate pages based on switches, which might be the only way to implement something based on earlier choices. Dunno if there is a page or memory limit per event.

Edit: You can use variables as page conditions, just not as a way to branch a path directly.

On the plus side, there IS a command for displaying up to two variable values on the screen, and there is a chance branch, which might replace the convoluted pseudo-random number generator I was using regularly on my RPGM3 games. And you can manually set the percentages. Huzzah!

Last edited by Perversion; 06-29-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Perversion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:22 PM   #40
1ce
Stay informed

1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.1ce is better than Cookie Crisp.

Quote:
Some downsides that I have noticed already...

-For the life of me, I am unable to stop an auto-event from running, aside from transitioning to another event. I hope event data does not use a lot of memory, because I might be using a bunch of these. Switching to another page does not seem to work either. At the end of the event on a different page, it starts running the auto-event again. Tried to switch it off using switches, but after spending a few hours trying many, many combinations, it does not seem to work.
I may have the solution. At the end of my auto-event, I would use a switch. Then, make a page condition for that switch and have nothing running on the new page. Boom, done.

When the player exits, I turn that switch off, so the auto event will run again when the player re-enters.

On a different note, I love how you can switch between map making and event creating in the menu. It saves a lot of time switching between them.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote