RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker Workshop > RPG Maker FES

Old 06-28-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight
[WIP] Action Battle System

Playing around with FES and getting a custom battle system, so far I can get the stats to load fine, and enemy HP checks. The only real downside is it seems that A will be the only way to attack with this game (which isn't terrible by any means). Setting up the events is actually really really nice, it's pretty straightforward I just WISH you could have your own IFs and Elses in this. Nevertheless the chance system seems like it could be tweaked to do just this. I'll update the thread with my findings and info on how to try it out. So far it's looking like we won't have to be constrained to the default system, which I am so happy for!

UPDATE: So it seems that it may NOT be 100% possible, I can definitely have the player attack an enemy, but it seems there can't be both an investigate and a If touched by event conditions. I think I may have a work around but it may not be worth it. Who knows, I'll update when I figure out more...I know there is a way.

Last edited by Drew; 06-28-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #2
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is made out of valuable stones!
Re: [WIP] Action Battle System

I hope you're able to finish it! I think in Japan someone made an action RPG that's based off of the YS games. I heard that someone is trying to make a SRPG (Strategy Role-Playing Game)/Tactical RPG with Fes.
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:28 AM   #3
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight
Re: [WIP] Action Battle System

Well I've barely tinkered with it but it seems that for each enemy you'd need their own separate event chasing the player faster than the enemy event. Because the only way to actually use the action button on the event is to have the event ONLY on the event page that is "If Action Button", because FES doesn't really like switching back and forth between pages (least I think so).
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote