RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Game Forums > Quixotic Productions

Old 07-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!
Donkey Kong FES-Released!

My first RPG Maker Fes game has been released today. YAY!

Please download it and tell me what you think of it. Its product ID is eaarzhyo.

Donkey Kong FES is a port of Donkey Kong, released for RPG Maker 1 in 2009. It was my first critically acclaimed game and its success motivated me to stay in the community and make more games, so it has a special spot in my heart. The game content wise is almost exact, so there's no new material in this release. If you've never played it before or want to see how I converted it, give it a play!

It does have some enhancements, such as:

-New graphics to go with the new engine.

-Before you had to play the three difficulties to finish the game 100%. Now you can play two right from the start and unlock the third one, so essentially you have to play through twice now to see most of the content.

-Normal, Hard and Difficult have been renamed to Easy, Normal, and Difficult, with with re-balanced difficulty to match their names.

-Before, Normal gave you two lives, Hard gave you one life, and Difficult gave you none, essentially making you a one hit wonder. One extra life has been added to each, so Easy gives you three lives, Normal gives you two and Difficult gives you one. You have a bit of a safety net now and it makes the game more fair.

-Although the game is a port, the enemy locations and enemy speed have been changed.

-The game also has new dialogue in most areas.

Please feel free to use this topic to discuss any comments, criticisms or bugs you want to share.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!
Re: Donkey Kong FES-Released!

So it seems this game is in the top ten of downloaded titles and has a five star rating. That's cool! I'm glad it's doing well. The thing about Fes though is it doesn't have download numbers, or a comments section, so I really don't have any more information than that.

Has anyone here played it? What did you think?
Old 07-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #3
Duel
Donkey Emperor

Duel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealed

I think regardless of quality, people will download a game that uses "Donkey Kong" in its title, especially since it's on a Nintendo handheld system.

Duel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #4
1ce
Stay informed

You're probably right. I'd like to think its because it's a full, finished, quality product though. Don't ruin this for me Duel.