RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker Workshop > RPG Maker FES

Old 06-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!
Invisible events that the player can walk over?

This one is really messing with me. In RPG Maker 1 there was an invisible event that the player could walk over, but other events could not, and it was really useful for blocking off enemies some certain places, it was essential for some levels in Josh's Adventure. But I can't seem to make anything similar in Fes. Anyone find a workaround?

Also, collision editing just sucks in general, because you can't make unwalkable terrain walkable. That bites.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
Drew
Pavilionite

Drew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlightDrew got lost in the backyard once but that's ok, they brought a flashlight
Re: Invisible events that the player can walk over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ce View Post
This one is really messing with me. In RPG Maker 1 there was an invisible event that the player could walk over, but other events could not, and it was really useful for blocking off enemies some certain places, it was essential for some levels in Josh's Adventure. But I can't seem to make anything similar in Fes. Anyone find a workaround?

Also, collision editing just sucks in general, because you can't make unwalkable terrain walkable. That bites.
Hrm im not too sure about the event issue, but isn't there a collision setting that lets you set your own? I think its right before you edit the map. I'll tinker a bit when i get home see if i can find it.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!

There is one, but it doesn't offer much flexibility. Mind you, I haven't tested it in a number of different backgrounds, but I can't, say, allow the player to walk over a black background. That's the pits.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:25 PM   #4
1ce
Stay informed

I'm also come to learn that if you have a walkable event, it cannot go over a tile that isn't walkable. So I can't have an unwalkable area that become walkable, it has to always be walkable. This is how a lot of stuff ran in Josh's Adventure, so this is really throwing me for a loop.

If anyone finds a workaround for these problems, I would appreciate it greatly.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
1ce
Stay informed

With a bit of fiddling I managed to find a solution for the problem, even if it's not optimal. You can set the player to pass through anything, have them move and then turn off move through anything. Not the best solution, but it works.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:56 PM   #6
Goyle
keep walking forward

Goyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310ozGoyle has a serving size of 310oz

I've found another way of making walkable events work, especially for the purpose if secret passages and such.

Basically, make sure the path you want the player to be able to walk is drawn in the map editor with a tile that is normally traversable. Then, in the event editor, create events to cover it up using whatever graphics are appropriate (since you can choose any tile for an event graphic), and make sure the "pass judgement" box on all of them is ticked off.

This should let the player walk across an area that looks unwalkable just fine!
Goyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #7
1ce
Stay informed

That's another great workaround, thanks for sharing. Now if only I could force an enemy to not walk over said events, I'd be golden.