RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > Ultimate Librarian Challenge > ULC - RPG Maker 3

Old 07-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)Pagerron vaporized Tokyo (and Godzilla, in the process)
Hell's Dining Room Review

Gameplay: As the new waitress in this restaurant, your job is to carefully listen to the orders of your customers (without writing them down) and serve them an appetizer, a main course, and a dessert each. If you make a mistake, you’ll have to fight with the angry customers after the night is done! If you’re a good waitress, you’ll be rewarded with gold and other special items for your kind attention. You’ll find yourself talking to yourself to remember who’s ordered what. You’ll find yourself ready to throw your controller at the screen at times, especially at little Bobby Flay, but you’ll have fun. To complete the full week of waitressing, it will take you about 2 hours. High replay value for me. I played it four times to keep getting better at it.

Flow: It never gets boring because you have to always be thinking and trying to remember. The time changes and resulting event changes go smoothly. A nice storyteller divides up the days of the week so you know how far along you have progressed. Good job here.

Battles: If you’re good, you won’t see many at all. If you’re a god, you’ll see none. They are well-balanced and with the skills/items you can acquire, the battles are fair and fun even. Try to at least get one perfect day of service. The reward for that can greatly help you in a fight.

Fun Factor: I had a good time with this game. I felt that I got to know each customer a bit better with each playthrough. It was a very unique experience and worth my time.

Bugs/Glitches: There were no bugs that I found. Everything worked as it should have. A couple of times there was a missing space between two words in the text, but this affected nothing at all. Great!

Warning:
Occasional strong language. This added nothing to the gameplay in my opinion, but it must be mentioned to keep you informed.

Recommendations to the Player:
As you're playing through the week, there are no save points, so you’ll need to set aside a block of uninterrupted time. You can always “Pause” the game and come back to it, of course, if you’d like. Get to know the layout of the restaurant as soon as possible. As you need to memorize orders while you walk around, knowing where people sit can truly work in your favor. Write down bonus items as you get them. This can help you plan for future serving days and battles.

I would score this a 9/10. Very nice game. Short, but challenging. Don’t get frustrated on your first try. Check it out.

Last edited by Pagerron; 07-24-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Pagerron is offline   Reply With Quote