RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > Ultimate Librarian Challenge > ULC - RPG Maker 3

Old 07-13-2009, 04:49 AM   #1
Ωbright
Too Big to Fail

Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like
Holy Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed Review

Holy Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed Review
Written by Obright

Produced by Lausen
System: RM3
Genre: Epic RPG

Overview:

Holy Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed is an epic RPG, in length and in scope. This is the first multi-slot RPG made with the software, and Lausen filled it with enough content to warrant the extra data, without producing a game that felt stretched thin, or leaving players wondering when it was going to end. It feels perfect as far as length goes.

There were many stretches of the game where I literally lost sleep, because I couldn't stop playing. I HAD to know what was going to happen next. That's not just rare in RM3 games, it's rare in games period.

Graphics - 5/5

Lausen is a master of map design and town planning. Seriously. All of the maps are beautiful, interesting places to explore, and all of the towns have their own distinct character. Most importantly they all feel like real towns.

Gameplay - 4/5

The battles in the game are rather numerous, but things like a wide variety of enemies, an innovative battle system (the plasma weapons are but one facet of this), numerous, well-planned skills and equips, and very balanced battles make the battles interesting and fun. The only issue I had was that I became lost at times, especially in part 2.

Story - 5/5

The story and character development in the game are excellent, with unexpected plot twists and turns that even a jaded RPG afficionado won't see coming. Lausen accomplishes this without having to resort to getting zany or wacky to do it, either. That's says a whole lot. Instead, the story feels REAL, and the characters are readily endearable to an even greater extent because of that. The story is original, engaging, exciting, and believable.

Technical - 3/5

I have to say... In spite of the fact that Holy Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed is a wonderful game, there are many, many, MANY spelling errors, typos, and grammar issues to contend with. The game is of a high enough quality so that these issues don't kill the experience for players, but I had to count off for them. The coding is sound, for the most part, with just a few minor things here and there that might cause a problem for players. Again, it's nothing that will kill the game.

Originality - 5/5

There are literally a ton of things in the game that nade me go "Wow", as far as innovative game ideas. The concept of plasma weapons early on in the game is just one of these, and like the other ideas, they are integrated well within the story. As already mentioned, the story and characters are another source of originality in the game.

Overall score - 22/25

I heartily recomment giving this game a play. Forgive Lausen for the spelling issues. If you do, you're in store for a great game experience!

Last edited by Ωbright; 07-13-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Ωbright is offline   Reply With Quote