RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 1 Full Games

Old 01-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #1
LichLair
Pavilionite

LichLair is not a cheese-based foodLichLair is not a cheese-based food
LICH LAIR

This game contains some mature content.

UPDATE #1: Minor and Major glitches fixed. Grammar has been polished.
UPDATE #2: More grammar has been polished and several trigger fixes thanks again to dragaron!
UPDATE #3: Very minor grammatical changes and one very minor trigger fix.

A mysterious hero is sent by an ancient order to destroy a nefarious, undead necromancer that has been plaguing the small hamlet of Wilten. Discover where The Lich resides, and bring him and his dread army to justice. Find out what keeps a soul alive when the heart beats no more. As Pister Bane, you must prepare yourself for the Lich Lair...

Investigate the small town to hone in on the foul Lichs' whereabouts.

Take part in leisurely pursuits or interrogate notable figures for answers, help, and more...

Gather supplies and "Steel Yourself, Hunter!"
The LICH LAIR awaits!

FEATURES:

*Free-roaming Hub World where Pister Bane can prepare to take on The Lich at his own pace.
*Save your progress by purchasing a night at the inn for 3 gold. A small price to pay for rest.
*Go fishing, make hearty soups to take on your excursion, or lay with a lusty maiden?
*Steal what you need to survive and potentially end up in jail. Will you escape?
*Forge a secret weapon that even shadows fear, if you can find the components...
*Plenty of detailed dialogue and world descriptions help immerse you even further.
*Unforgiving Landscape: Prepare to die miserably at the hands of beasts or sheer trickery.
*Foul or Fiend? Two separate conclusions to the tale. Choose wisely.
*Find out what drew the foul revenant to lichdom, and close this dark chapter of Wiltens history.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lich Lair is a classic fantasy RPG with all the tropes that I love about the genre. It is a relatively short game in comparison to most other titles(3-to-5 hours if played steadily), but I'm hoping to ensure quality over quantity. The hunt for The Lich is an investigation, so remember to interact with as much as possible! It is limited to one digital memory card file(gme) and was used with the ePSXe Playstation 1 emulator. Here is the link:

http://www.epsxe.com/

There is a save function in-game that will require a secondary memory card to be active since the game utilizes the entirety of its own card. There may be a few bugs here and there, but I love the feedback, so don't shy away from giving me guff. None of the bugs should be game-breaking, as I've tested the game rigorously, but you never know. This is the beginning of The Pister Bane Legacy, and without spoiling too much about Lich Lair itself, I intend on using the protagonist for many future titles. Lich Lair stands as an isolated tale. It will not leave off on a cliffhanger, and you will not be forced to wait for a conclusion. The character of Pister Bane is my Sherlock Holmes. My pulp/comic persona. An avatar to be used in similar stories, and to be fleshed out more as the adventures roll on.

I thank Pavilion for giving me the opportunity to release LICH LAIR to you all. Enjoy the game, and thank you for playing!

Now go! Wilten is in great peril!
-Jack King
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lich Lair 1.zip (51.7 KB, 214 views)
File Type: zip Screenshots.zip (981.2 KB, 217 views)

Last edited by LichLair; 02-06-2016 at 10:05 PM.
LichLair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #2
TheHonorableRyu
Face it straight!

TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.TheHonorableRyu likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.
Re: LICH LAIR

I like the sense of enthusiasm you have about your project. My PSX and copy of RPGM1 have long been in storage, but I might eventually give this a try. : )
TheHonorableRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
LichLair
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonorableRyu View Post
I like the sense of enthusiasm you have about your project. My PSX and copy of RPGM1 have long been in storage, but I might eventually give this a try. : )
I'd love to hear your feedback whenever you get around to playing it, and thank you!
Old 01-31-2016, 03:39 AM   #4
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.

I gave it a go. There is a lot about the game that I really like, but I ran into a few things. I sent you a PM about it.
dragaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:42 PM   #5
LichLair
Pavilionite

Thank you for your input Dragaron! You have been a huge help! The game has been re-uploaded, and hopefully no one else runs into similar issues now.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #6
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LichLair View Post
Thank you for your input Dragaron! You have been a huge help! The game has been re-uploaded, and hopefully no one else runs into similar issues now.
No problem! I haven't played many RPGM games, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I think the atmosphere in Lich Lair is really good. Nice, descriptive details when searching things. Don't feel bad about me finding a few kinks... Just look at my games, and how often I have had to update them. It's tough to catch things when you are the one designing the game.
dragaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:54 PM   #7
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!

What things were changed in the update, may I ask?
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #8
LichLair
Pavilionite

Just a bunch of spelling mistakes and one incident where you couldn't re-enter the Lich Lair. Oddly enough, you weren't supposed to be allowed to leave once you venture into the lair. That's been fixed, and there were also a couple of item and experience spams that I corrected. All thanks to dragarons keen eye! He even helped me realize my, "Steel yourself, hunter..." screenshot was misspelled. Quite an embarrassing oversight.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:49 PM   #9
LichLair
Pavilionite

For anyone that completes Lich Lair and gets one of the two endings, I would like to know which ending you liked better, and what you would like to see in a sequel. Your input would be greatly appreciated, and don't shy away from telling me what you liked and disliked. Be sure to play the most updated version to assure a better experience.

Please PM me with anything in regards to what you thought of my game.
Thank you
-Jack

Last edited by LichLair; 09-10-2017 at 06:06 PM.
LichLair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Brightness is a fairly shiny person.

Nice game...I like the Hub world and the way you use the tiles to create such amazing buildings.
Brightness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #11
LichLair
Pavilionite

Thank you very much!