RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Imaginari

Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #861
Sejon
[sɛʒɔn]

Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.
Re: Sejon's Art Dump (Bite of the Mongoose Comic!)

Just random excerpts from this comic I'm working on.
Sejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #862
Denmo
dubiously demoralized

Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.Denmo needs rep, badly.

for some reason I imagine the bear being voiced by Bruce from family guy.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:01 AM   #863
Nixon
Crook

Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.

Those are some fantastic pages. Great colors, too!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #864
gray
Qui Quy! Qui...K Qui Quy?

gray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the othergray pulled Excalibur from the stone with one hand, and flipped a pancake in the other

where's the bite of the mongoose comic? the title promised me one
gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #865
Sejon
[sɛʒɔn]

Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.Sejon knows how to get **** done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray View Post
where's the bite of the mongoose comic? the title promised me one
I only did a couple pages a while back. Here they are:

Depending on how Xander pans out, I might pick up where I left off with Bite of the Mongoose. But unlike the former, I'm not paid to work on pages for Bite of the Mongoose, which currently serves as an impediment.

Anyway, Xander has its own website up and running now.

So check it out!

The hosting is rather slow, though, but we're intending to switch to a better one in a few days.

Last edited by Sejon; 10-13-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:15 AM   #866
Sejon
[sɛʒɔn]

Re: Sejon's Art Dump (Xander Webcomic!)

Don't mind me while I just dust off this seven-year-old thread to dump more art in!

I did a bunch of illustrations for some schoolbooks in my home country of Belize, so I wanted to share them here.

I changed the style slightly for each book, so you'll probably notice some pretty clear differences.

Each illustration was accompanied by a very short story, so if a few seem a bit confusing without the context of the story, then, well, let's just leave them confusing. I prefer it that way.

So, without further ado...

Last edited by Sejon; 10-14-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #867
The Toecutter
Techno-luddite

The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.

How long does it take to typically do one of those illustrations, start to finish?

I like the style present. It's deceptively simple in appearance, except that the attention to detail is enormous. The images take on a sort of 3D quality in spite of a style normally appropriate for two dimensions.

Thank you for sharing this.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #868
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

Hi!

This is great stuff

Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #869
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.Big Rick Cook likes greasy pork sandwiches on dirty ashtrays.

Wooooooo Sejon appeared!

I love this style, for reasons Terr presented. yayyyyyyyy
Old 10-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #870
Hrafn
Valhallanite

Hrafn wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Hrafn wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Hrafn wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Hrafn wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Hrafn wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Hrafn wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Hrafn wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Hrafn wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.Hrafn wears matching socks despite waking in the dark.

Most impressive. Really would like to know the story of the last one.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:37 AM   #871
Sejon
[sɛʒɔn]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toecutter View Post
How long does it take to typically do one of those illustrations, start to finish?
I'd say about 2-3 days from sketching to final colour, depending on the complexity. And also because I work with a publisher so I need to be receptive to feedback and make changes if necessary.

And thanks! I'm fond of the whole "paper cut-out" flatness aesthetic, so I started veering a bit in that direction in later illustrations. I think the style of The Secret of Kells was a subtle influence in that, but combined with layouts somewhat similar to the maps in the computer RPG Maker games. I expect that if I make more books down the line I'll head further in that direction.

Quote:
Most impressive. Really would like to know the story of the last one.
A Tiger in Dangriga

Once upon a time, a boy called Peter (whose name, by the way, rhymes with Dangriga) was at home with his mother when a tiger walked into the yard.
It was a big stripey tiger that should have been in a forest in India, but here it was in Dangriga.
Peter’s mother threw some water at the tiger. But this was a magic tiger – it said, “I had a drink at the river, thank you. Now I’m hungry.”
Peter and his mother quickly got some bananas and threw them down to the tiger.
He said, “Thank you very much.” Then he went in the corner and ate them – skins and all. Two minutes later he was gone!

Definitely one of the stranger stories. I didn't write them -- I work with a publisher in Belize and was just assigned the illustrations.

Last edited by Sejon; 10-15-2017 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #872
Sejon
[sɛʒɔn]

Re: Sejon's Art Dump (Update: Children's Book Illustrations!)

I've been working with BZ on the graphics for Rex Engine, a game engine for Unity which allows you to easily make platforming games like the 8-bit classics. I made this poster to promote Dracula Rex, a demo that uses Rex Engine to replicate the first level of Castlevania, based on the original box art.

And yes, that's a measuring tape whip.

Last edited by Sejon; 11-06-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #873
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.Ryner is the most best truck stop ever.

Delightful!

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #874
The Toecutter
Techno-luddite

The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.The Toecutter needs you to help identify a fungus.

Seeing that aroused my sense of touch, in my pants, metaphorically speaking.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #875
Sejon
[sɛʒɔn]

I made the intro sequence for "Veranda Tales", a children's book-reading show that debuts in Belize later this month. Anansi was quite fun to animate.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:38 AM   #876
Sejon
[sɛʒɔn]

Because pixel art and wrench-wielding dinosaurs are fun.