RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Pavilion's Greatest Hits > Game Forum Archives > GM Productions

Old 04-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #61
RPGD
Apple Caviar

RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.
Re: The Ring Thing *FIRST CHAPTER COMPLETE*

Thanks!

I'll think about that SFX thing. It'll cost quite a bit extra, though, and I'm already paying plenty per chapter on average without any lettering, but I may go through with it. I like the digital SFX, however. The gradients are nifty with the grayscale art, and I can make modifications whenever I want. Most of the SFX you see were added/replaced a couple of months after the script was written.

I have to say that intros a friggin' hard to write. There's so much the guys can do, but I can't do anything unless I lay the groundwork. That's when I came up with Ring Man's dramatic entrance.

Now that that's over, I can crank up the battiness a notch.

Production of the second chapter shall begin in May. It should be done by July.

~Updates weekly on Sundays~

Last edited by RPGD; 05-08-2006 at 04:35 AM.
RPGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #62
Snarf
I have no greeting

Snarf whupped Batman's ass.Snarf whupped Batman's ass.Snarf whupped Batman's ass.Snarf whupped Batman's ass.Snarf whupped Batman's ass.Snarf whupped Batman's ass.Snarf whupped Batman's ass.Snarf whupped Batman's ass.

I very much enjoyed this. It definately does its job as far as introducing the characters and it makes me want to read more and the humor used was great

Nicley done, RPG. Congratulations on making your idea a reality.
Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #63
Draygone
"Raccoonish"

Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.Draygone flings sweet-smelling poo.

All that work, and you only were able to complete one B&W chapter... Not that I have any idea how long it takes to make a comic. Nor did I have any idea it was so expensive. "Some 40-year-old dude who lives with his mom." I can see why.
"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."
Draygone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:28 AM   #64
RPGD
Apple Caviar

RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.RPGD can land the plane in Top Gun.

Hey, that's the production process. Normally, these things take longer if the team consists of only two people whom are far away from each other. Don't be a chooser, now!

Last edited by RPGD; 04-30-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:53 AM   #65
Magus
Something beautiful

Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like Magus is walking around in the background like

CQC = teh best
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:33 AM   #66
The_Real_Crunk
Totally Metal

The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like

So much monies. Jeez.

Ah well, if I had tons of cash to spend Id spend it on odd things too.
The_Real_Crunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:12 AM   #67
Nixon
Crook

Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.Nixon secretes valuable stones.

Quote:
All that work, and you only were able to complete one B&W chapter... Not that I have any idea how long it takes to make a comic. Nor did I have any idea it was so expensive.
The average professional US comic artist can produce about a page a day (pencils ONLY). 22 pages make up your average monthly comic.

Unless you are working with a major company, it will take a lot longer than a month to produce one comic. You don't have access to their production staff (inkers, letterer, editor, colorist, etc) or their resources (art supplies- paper, printing, etc).

It's an expensive process because of how involved/committed the artist has to be. It will be something they have to work on for about 8 hours+ everyday, if they have no other obligations. Usually, they have to work on 11x17 bristol or blue line pro pages, which are much larger than the printed (or viewed) results.

The bottom line is: Making your own comic is a lot of hard work.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:22 PM   #68
Fushigi na Renamon
Lurker of Legend

Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.Fushigi na Renamon pased Go on the Monopoly Board and recieved $400.

Yus, making one's own comic takes extreme dedication. o_o Which is why I haven't done any serious comics, cuz I'm lazy. XD

I applaud you on your script, o RPGD. That was a great read! I wasn't always sure what was going on, but there were so many great concepts. I especially liked Solid Ringman. *snerk*

I agree with Nix on the sound effects. There are so many, and they are kind of wonky and overpowering. Maybe make them a bit smaller or something?

Last edited by Fushigi na Renamon; 05-06-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Fushigi na Renamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #69
RPGD
Apple Caviar

Okay, everyone, clean up your desks, 'cause work on the second chapter has begun.

Now that the introduction is over, this chapter will answer the questions left by the first chapter and bring the basic plot to light.

Yes, there is a plot.

In July, keep your eyes peeled for The Ring Thing, Chapter Two: The Scheme Is On!

Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #70
RPGD
Apple Caviar

Re: The Ring Thing (Back in Action)

Hey, kids. Just wanted to let everyone know that the project is no longer on hiatus. I've been sitting on the second chapter for a couple of years now (it was done towards the end of 2006), thinking hard about where the series was going. During this time I had learned a great deal about the professional comic creation process; writing, penciling, inking, lettering, etc., and can now see quite a few things in both chapters where I could have done a much better job, especially the SFX; they seemed lovely to me at the time, but now I think they're a nightmare (also I am bewildered by my overall behavior when posting back then. What in God's name was I thinking?).

In the end, I decided to restructure the whole thing. You will be seeing a completely revamped first chapter, and a brand new story. Maybe even new character designs. We'll see how that goes.

One thing I can guarantee, however, is that it will still be fairly surreal. That won't change.

Preproduction will begin soon. See you on the opposite end of the ring!

Boomerang!

Last edited by RPGD; 10-14-2008 at 08:26 PM.