RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Pavilion's Greatest Hits > Game Forum Archives > Atreides

Old 01-04-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
irate giraffe
Giraffa Iratis

irate giraffe is the new emperor of infinityirate giraffe is the new emperor of infinityirate giraffe is the new emperor of infinityirate giraffe is the new emperor of infinity
Untitled, introduction, a tour and a question

My current game is untitled. But I am not asking for help with that. The game will find it's name as it gets further developed.

This forum is mainly for updates on the game I am working on now. But, if anyone wishes to discuss or comment on D&tM, they are welcome to.

Tonight, I will share with you something I added to my game today that I am quite proud of:

I made a tour! My game is comprised of seven fields, all interconnected (not seamlessly, but close enough for working with rpgm3). The game will open up in stages, and there will be lots of exploration throughout the seven fields. But, I wanted something early in the game, a sort of 'intro to the world'. So, I made a tour! You talk to this guy and he gives you a tour. But instead of just telling you about the different parts of the world (from the Northern glacier fields to the desert expanse) he shows it to you. I used a bunch of warps and auto events. So you get whisked away from field to field. At each field you can't move, only look around. And text comes up as the guy explains each major location to you. I think it works real well to give the player a sense of place early on in the game. Also, it shows off my cool fields.

So that's that. Also, should I be wary of posting too much about my game? I'm never sure what a good limit is. I mean, would you rather hear bits and pieces and then play the game? Or play a game with more of a tabula rasa?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
Re: Untitled, introduction, a tour and a question

That tour feature you're using sounds cool. That way the player will know what to expect later on, and if the player gets tired of the first field after a while, he/she will know that there are some cool areas to look forward to.

As far as whether too tell us details as you create or not telling us anything, could you tell us things that hint towards things in the game? That way every one who plays will go into the game not knowing all of the ins and outs, but having an idea that "what I'm about to play is something really special." You know like little teasers.

Last edited by Pagerron; 01-04-2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: clarification
Pagerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
Ωbright
Too Big to Fail

Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like Ωbright is walking around in the background like

'The Tour' sounds awesome...really cool. About spoilers, the ones that really annoy me are about the story. The gameplay spoilers don't bother me at all, usually.
Ωbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #4
JPS
Juggernaaaauuuuttttt

JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.JPS is the second person ever to get the highest possible score in Pac-Man.

The tour sounds awesome I'm going to like that, as is many other players.

I haven't played DatM yet as I still need a max drive, no place around here sells them

As far as details, I agree with Page, tell us something exciting then stop right when it gets to the fun part, that way people will be begging for you to finish it
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
magnaangemon01
Hero of Arconia

magnaangemon01 is on a distinguished road

That is sweet!! I wish I were as good with games as you all are. I could do some really cool stuff. But I'm not too bright so I can only make my games simple and that makes them boring. I need help!!!!
magnaangemon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

Yeah, I generally like to hear as much as possible about the setting, maps, characters, and core gameplay systems. As far as the story, I think a good rule is to give the basic setup as your game presents it in the first 45 minutes or so.

It does seem a little weird to warp the player to a place where he isn't...actually...standing, I guess... but it still sounds like a very neat way to introduce the world.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote