RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Game Forums > Silent Thunder Productions

Old 01-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.
It's been a year

And no word on Deity Chronicles. Wondering why? Because 0 progress was made. Sort of. Dark Legion? Long story.

Dark Legion was cancelled, to say the least. I'm trying to focus on one game at a time, so I unfortunately had to drop it.

Deity Chronicles, on the other hand, is going through yet another full-game revamp. Why? I'm switching the project over to MV. I'm not using any converter plugins simply because I'm deciding to fully overhaul the story, characters, gameplay, etc. from scratch.

The story is undergoing major changes. The biggest change is that it takes place in a single world rather than 3: the world of Grandis. Major change #2 is that the whopping 10 party members is getting reduced to 6. Sypher, Selce, Aeles, and Iesen were completely removed from the story altogether, Duncan was reduced to a side-character, Sohnis is going to be turned into a permanent party member, and then the 6th slot is going to be filled by a brand new character. Major Change #3 is that the game is going to be quite smaller than how I originally planned it. 5 Chapters reduced to 3.

In the coming days, I'll post a new thread on my forum that gives you the details on what's coming. Hopefully, this will be the last time that I'll have to rethink my game.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #2
1ce
Stay informed

1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!1ce killed Rambo... with a SLEDGEHAMMER!
Re: It's been a year

Well it's good to hear from a game developer, because it seems that's been on the decline lately.

I think this is the second revision right? That's a whole lot of starting over! Honestly though I'm really excited for it because it feels like a lot of inconsequential stuff is getting cut out. If you have to cut content to your game finished, I'm all for that! I never really liked dogs as party members in RPGs either, since they had no characterization, so I have no grievances over Sypher getting the boot.

Glad to see you're still at it.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
Redeye

Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.

Yup. Thanks man.

Currently I'm almost done finishing up the notes. I'm not gonna make a new thread til I can gather some screenshots and a video of the game, so it'll probably take a month or so. I got Midterms coming up, so that'll get in the way of some things.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:05 AM   #4
Wavelength
Counter Logic Posting

Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.Wavelength 's current rep comment is activated at 3600 points. Just throwin' that out there.

I've been talking with Red about this one a lot as of late, and I truly believe it is going to be a very cool game, both in the revamped story and the newer, streamlined gameplay mechanics. Much less "because I can" and much more "because it's great" as compared to the first demo.

I hope to see some screens or video soon! That would be the greatest tease for DC.

How Badly Do You Want It? (VX Ace) is now available for download! - no outside software necessary.

"I live and love in God's peculiar light." - Michelangelo
Wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:27 PM   #5
Redeye

Erm... Ok, time for an update.

No real bad news or anything, it's just that I've been setting so many high standards for myself that I kind of lost motivation for a moment. The story and characters are dynamically changing in my notes, but I think I have a solid, final copy of what I want to do with my game.

There have also been quite a few major changes. Not only to story, but also the system.

I decided to scratch the idea of making this with MV. I'm going back to Ace. Despite MV being over 2 years old, I still kind of find it too new to do anything with. Ace is something I've owned ever since at least a year after it was launched in the west. I tried and failed to make games with it, and it felt like lost progress just to stop using it altogether. I want to at least do something with it. Something nice.

Second major change is that the Title is actually going to be renamed. It's no longer "Deity Chronicles", since I kind of removed the "deity" aspect of the story. So instead, this game is going to claim the new name...

Advent Chronicles

Plus "Advent Chronicles" sounds cooler.

I have also planned for there to be 8 party members. One character is coming back. The 8th party member, on the other hand, is optional and can be acquired through a side mission...

Other misc plans:

I plan for the demo to be shorter than what I've already given you. It's not going to be the intro, but instead be a small fragment of the story that takes place at least 2 hours-or-so into the story, that'll last for about an hour or two gameplay-wise. This makes it so that I can get something to you guys sooner.

The game is taking place in a new setting. Rather than having the entire game take place across the entire planet, the setting is being reduced to the East Coast of a single continent. This is simply because I want to make the rest of the world feel bigger than it was. Generic RPG Worlds tend to feel small when the story takes place across the entire world.

I plan for the game to be much smaller. Granted, I could probably predict that this will end up being a 30-hour game or something, but it's going to be much smaller than anything I planned for it beforehand.

Hopefully, I can get to designing the game ASAP. I feel motivated to get the project started over the weekend. Until then.