RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > Front Desk > News Forum

Old 12-31-2017, 09:27 PM   #1
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
Contest time!

It’s contest time again! We’re going with a theme we haven’t tried for a while, but it’ll still give a lot of flexibility.

Something Unoriginal

Your game needs to be derived from something. You could make a sequel or side story to an existing game. You could adapt a movie, tv series, or a book. You could make a game about real people. Make some weird crossover game. Make an original game in the style of an old style of game we don’t see getting made anymore. Remake or adapt a modern game in a retro style. There’s a ton that you can do, and you are not limited by my examples.

The game you submit must be new. Submitted games can be made with the following software: RPG Maker 1, RPG Maker 2, RPG Maker 3, RPG Maker FES, RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker 2003, RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, RPG Maker VX Ace, RPG Maker MV.

To enter, you can either submit a game through the submission forum and PM me to let me know it’s an entry, or just PM me a link in case you don’t want it being public yet.

The deadline for submissions will be June 30th.

At the midpoint, on March 31st, there will be a progress report, where anyone that is entering can submit an in progress file to show they are working on their game (I will check, it must work in some form) and be entered to win $50 through either paypal or an amazon gift card.

The prize will depend on the number of entries, but will be have a value of $150 at least. Last big contest gave away a console of the winner’s choice, this could easily match that.

There will also be a “best in class” award for EVERY RPG Maker title to the best entry made with each RPG Maker title. That prize will only be $10 for each Maker, but it’s something. Whichever game wins, will not also have a best in class award in it’s RPG Maker category.

Only one entry per person.

Last edited by Valkysas; 01-01-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Contest time!

Yeah! I'm totally entering this contest! I'm gonna use RPG Maker Fes because it's the one I know and use the most, and you can easily play the game I make using the free RPG Maker Fes Player App (only on the 3DS NintendoEshop so you need a 3DS, 2DS, 3DS XL, or 2DS XL in order to download, and play).
RPGMakerConsoleFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:28 PM   #3
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Brightness is a name known to all

Please delete this reply

-Give me a sign

Last edited by Brightness; 12-31-2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: I accidentally double post the one below.
Brightness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

My most awaited moment! I will definitely enter! RM1 represent is not holding back! Let's surprise each and every one of us!

-Give me a sign
Old 01-01-2018, 02:00 AM   #5
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.Redeye is cooler than a T-Rex that with laser beam eyeballs.

Just in time for the New Years, I see.
I was thinking of doing a Game of Thrones adaptation, but then again, Season 1 has like, 5 battle scenes and a crapton of politics.

Maybe I'll make some kind of comedy game involving Morgan Freeman, Chuck ******, Ajit Pai, and Donald Trump. And maybe a little bit of Satan thrown into the mix.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:02 AM   #6
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
Maybe I'll make some kind of comedy game involving Morgan Freeman, Chuck ******, Ajit Pai, and Donald Trump. And maybe a little bit of Satan thrown into the mix.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:13 PM   #7
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

Should I do one about Sengoku Basara!? Should I do one about the people at the Pavilion!? Should I do one about...ME!?
Old 01-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #8
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGMakerConsoleFan101 View Post
Should I do one about Sengoku Basara!? Should I do one about the people at the Pavilion!? Should I do one about...ME!?
You should do all of 'em! It would be fun!

-Give me a sign
Old 01-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #9
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Me? I'm doing a Fire Emblem game and a sequel to an existing game here at the pav.

-Give me a sign
Old 01-03-2018, 01:09 AM   #10
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.Jamos is unapproachably attractive.

Out of curiosity, would something based around my RP count or is that too much of a stretch?

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:45 AM   #11
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

It would count. It was a collaborative work that you weren’t fully in control of.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:29 PM   #12
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

Can I do one of the people at the Pavilion? Like for example, you Valkysas!
Old 01-03-2018, 07:00 PM   #13
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

I would love to work with you guys! One time, siggy asked me (if you remember him, he was recently the newest member of the pav) that we collab on a game. He ask that we replicate checkers plus! But he didn't went online for a week or so now.. So maybe I can't continue replicating the game.

P.S.
Your collab partner must be active. (No insult intended)

-Give me a sign
Old 01-04-2018, 11:18 AM   #14
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

No collaborative entries will be allowed. I was just saying that using his RP as a source was okay, and that he wasn’t entirely in control of the source material.

Yes, you can make games about forum members.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:24 PM   #15
Ryner
Bunny Car

Ryner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plateRyner has their own collectable plate

Exciting times. Thanks Valk!

Simple Man's Quest for the Playground* - Winner: Pavilionite Biography Contest - Click Here!

Monster Must Die - Winner: Halloween Horror Contest - Click Here!

All you need to play is a computer, no outside program necessary!
Ryner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:30 PM   #16
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

Out of the people on this thread I'll include myself, Valkysas, Brightness, and Jamos. I might include more people but most of those people aren't commenting on this thread.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #17
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Quote:
Out of the people on this thread I'll include myself, Valkysas, Brightness, and Jamos. I might include more people but most of those people aren't commenting on this thread.
Out of what? I don't get it...😂😂😂

-Give me a sign
Old 01-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #18
RPGMakerConsoleFan101
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightness View Post
Out of what? I don't get it...😂😂😂
The people that have commented on this thread.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:41 PM   #19
Brightness
The Revolutionary Eon

Quote:
The people that have commented on this thread.
Oh, thanks! Now I know.

-Give me a sign
Old 01-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #20
1ce
Stay informed

1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.1ce received more popular votes than Nader.

If you need a judge, let me know. Or I might try and make something.
1ce is online now   Reply With Quote