RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Video Games

Old 09-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #241
Deeth Irteen
Darkness is the truth

Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.Deeth Irteen is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.
Re: Final Fantasy XV

When I first started playing, I fell in love with. I spent two hours just wandering wherever I felt in the first chapter alone.

I really don't give a rat's arse how the technology works, so long as it's not overly exotic. Plus, the locales I got in the game were quite varied. And driving off-road to run over monsters was a hoot.

The combat was simple and fun. Warp-striking enemies never got old, not once.

10/10 Will replay into my hands atrophy.

Quote:
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
-Walt Disney
Deeth Irteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:17 PM   #242
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.

I think my point of view of the FF franchise as a whole was ruined when I decided to play the XIII trilogy as my intro to the series. I'm not very interested in XV at all, to be honest. Maybe when they do something more innovative with their story, setting, and gameplay, I'll give it a try.

All I see about XV is that it gives the player the illusion that it's an open world game, but from what I've seen, it gets fairly linear once you reach midgame.

Meh.

Last edited by Redeye; 09-23-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Redeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #243
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poor

FFXV, and FFXIII to a large extent, are really outliers in the FF series. I think opinions like yours caused developers to break from the tried-and-true format they found so much success with in FF1-12.

I never played 13 (didn't have a PS3 or 360), but from what I've heard I don't think I would like it.

I loved XV, even if the claim that it's not technically open-world is true. 15 honestly feels like a continuation of what they were doing in 12, which is another fantastic, sometimes underappreciated, entry in the series.

All of that said, I still feel 7, 8, 9, 10 are the golden era, with 10 being the epitome of traditional JRPG goodness.