RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Video Games

Old 08-17-2017, 03:15 AM   #5061
1ce
Stay informed

1ce is too punk to lose1ce is too punk to lose1ce is too punk to lose1ce is too punk to lose1ce is too punk to lose1ce is too punk to lose1ce is too punk to lose
Re: Unofficially Official What are you Playing

I might be stuck in Chrono Cross. To save Kid I have to beat the Hydra, but it kicks my butt. It just spams a attack all spell and has strong physical and magic attacks that cut through my team. Greno and Korcha do okay against it, Pierre is pretty useless in general, and the fairy dies right away.

For some crazy reason, you can't really boost your stats through random battles, so you're kinda stuck in the situation you have. Maybe I just screwed up along the way and made the game harder for myself because looking at guides shows there are many different paths I could have taken. Well, back to the shelf you go Cross.

I've also been enjoying playing Treasure's line of games, such as Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun. I like how they're super difficult but not bullet hell games. Tough, but I know where I went wrong and what to do next time.
1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #5062
Caciss
hates everyone

Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick Cook View Post
I'm back on that Rocket League hype, this time exclusively playing online (except when playing with Sivart). I am still pretty bad at the game. I'm in 3v3 Standard, Silver I ranked (maybe hit II last night, I forget), and kind of my soft goal is to progress to Gold. I'm not so bad that I don't think I can make it, but I definitely still have a lot of meta to absorb and get better at, as well as fine-tuning my aerial game to not whiff every other time I boost while in the air.
You playing on PS4 or PC?

I can probably coach you a little bit I'm high diamond/low champ.

BUT HEY WHO GOT THAT STARCRAFT REMASTER?

Last edited by Caciss; 08-17-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Caciss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #5063
Sampson
Hail Satan

Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.Sampson always gets the last coke in the frig.

I'm down to play OW, PUBG, or SCR.
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #5064
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caciss View Post
You playing on PS4 or PC?

I can probably coach you a little bit I'm high diamond/low champ.

BUT HEY WHO GOT THAT STARCRAFT REMASTER?
PS4.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #5065
DK

DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like DK is walking around in the background like

Starcraft Squaddies:

my battlenet is RedPyramids#1687

let's play. I'm terrible.

But we can also play overwatch, in which case I will probably beat you and or boost your ranking.
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #5066
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK View Post
Starcraft Squaddies:

my battlenet is RedPyramids#1687

let's play. I'm terrible.
Me and a few friends played SCR last night. We lasted one whole match before deciding it's too antiquated, old and clunky to have fun with.

Game did not age well. Luckily I didn't have to pay for it to find that out.
Mcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #5067
Caciss
hates everyone

Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like

Doesn't really feel that way to me! Stills seem solid besides the pathfinding, which with experience you can make up for. Also a blast to watch people who are good at it.

Also that means we can only play in private matches Rick. :[

Last edited by Caciss; 08-19-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:02 AM   #5068
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!

Quote:
Doesn't really feel that way to me! Stills seem solid besides the pathfinding, which with experience you can make up for. Also a blast to watch people who are good at it.

I think we're all just spoiled and used to all the QoL stuff StarCraft 2 did to make things so much easier for the player.
Mcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #5069
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.Big Rick Cook rode the walrus.

Quote:

It's okay; I had a pretty epic bad run on Friday that tanked me into the oblivion of Bronze and I'm still tearing my way out of it, slowly but surely. It was a pretty disheartening day.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:55 PM   #5070
GLM
1989 POLOCOM

GLM is a splendid one to beholdGLM is a splendid one to behold

Let it Die turned into a boring slog. :v

I'm finally playing Nioh. I really wasn't feeling until I got past the first area after restarting twice. Now I'm swinging around a kasarigama and chucking kunai like a pro. It really has a steep learning curve and, despite what Highwind told me, the game is not really helpful explaining the myriad sub stats..

My advice for anyone going in: blocking and using heavy armour seems the safe way to go, but you want to be dodging in pajamas if you're gonna make it.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:41 PM   #5071
Caciss
hates everyone

Quote:
It's okay; I had a pretty epic bad run on Friday that tanked me into the oblivion of Bronze and I'm still tearing my way out of it, slowly but surely. It was a pretty disheartening day.
Stay strong! I would probably recommend playing a very passive style in those ranks. You can typically just wait for your opponent to make mistakes and then capitalize. Aerials alone used to be able to elevate you pretty high in ranks, but the player mechanics in silver and gold are way better than they used to be even though the game sense and vision is still terrible. You just playing solo standard or...?

Here's a clip of a nice play I pulled off the other day because why not.

Last edited by Caciss; 08-22-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:21 AM   #5072
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

I have been been kind of lazy with Injustice 2 lately. I've been literally having the A.I. doing all the work for me while I work on things on my computer. I like to call it solid time-management. Yeah, that's it.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:49 AM   #5073
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Quote:
Stay strong! I would probably recommend playing a very passive style in those ranks. You can typically just wait for your opponent to make mistakes and then capitalize. Aerials alone used to be able to elevate you pretty high in ranks, but the player mechanics in silver and gold are way better than they used to be even though the game sense and vision is still terrible. You just playing solo standard or...?

Here's a clip of a nice play I pulled off the other day because why not.

I've actually just been in 3v3 Standard because it's been educational seeing actual teams and how they work together. I'll drop into Solo Standard before too long, though.

And Casual, I play all the modes just to warm up and have fun.

Edit: And that shot makes my head hurt. I've seen a lot of goals like that on Reddit and I don't think I'm even capable of that fine motor control on PS4.

Last edited by Big Rick Cook; 08-22-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Big Rick Cook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #5074
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Double post! One of the biggest issues I have is thinking I'm going to make it to the ball before someone else does and it's like every time I'm a fraction of a second too late to direct the ball where I need it to go.

Oh, and latency. If I get thrown into a game where my Ping hits triple digits, it's practically unplayable. Normally I'm sitting around 40-50 Ping, but every once in a while it's like 200 and I can't do any kind of predictive maneuvering because I'm too far behind what's actually happening in this twitchy response of a game.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #5075
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

I've heard so many nice things about Rocket League for some time now and I've sort of been avoiding it since I don't tend to play sport related games. I am, however, thinking of giving it a shot. I got it for free on PS+ several months ago so I can't think of a reason not to.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #5076
Caciss
hates everyone

Quote:
Double post! One of the biggest issues I have is thinking I'm going to make it to the ball before someone else does and it's like every time I'm a fraction of a second too late to direct the ball where I need it to go.

Oh, and latency. If I get thrown into a game where my Ping hits triple digits, it's practically unplayable. Normally I'm sitting around 40-50 Ping, but every once in a while it's like 200 and I can't do any kind of predictive maneuvering because I'm too far behind what's actually happening in this twitchy response of a game.
Hmm, if you're consistently late to the ball your initial positioning is probably bad. A big problem I used to have was getting caught in no man's land.
Basically playing conservatively then hesitating when I had opportunities, making me late to the ball but also now in a terrible defensive position. Players at your level can't dribble, and rarely ever pass (at least on purpose), and will typically just blindly launch the ball forfeiting possession. So if you find yourself hesitating, abandon your game plan and either wait for them to make their move or rotate back on defense. Once you get better though you'll be surprised I think how aggressive you can be without giving up defensive positioning. Basically avoid risk, just focus on getting fundamentals down, like hitting the ball consistently and with power, and providing clears for your teammates. Hopefully this advice is helpful to you lol.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #5077
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Quote:
Hmm, if you're consistently late to the ball your initial positioning is probably bad. A big problem I used to have was getting caught in no man's land.
Basically playing conservatively then hesitating when I had opportunities, making me late to the ball but also now in a terrible defensive position. Players at your level can't dribble, and rarely ever pass (at least on purpose), and will typically just blindly launch the ball forfeiting possession. So if you find yourself hesitating, abandon your game plan and either wait for them to make their move or rotate back on defense. Once you get better though you'll be surprised I think how aggressive you can be without giving up defensive positioning. Basically avoid risk, just focus on getting fundamentals down, like hitting the ball consistently and with power, and providing clears for your teammates. Hopefully this advice is helpful to you lol.
It's all pretty helpful, man. I appreciate you taking the time to give me anything at all.

One thing I have consistently noticed is that I will attempt to be the "pass the ball for a good shot opportunity" guy, but 9 times out of 10 my teammates are just gunning for the ball and crashing off the walls like insane toddlers, and are nowhere near a position that would let them hit the ball when I bounce it out. I probably need to, in the short term, do like you said and hang back, let everyone butt**** the ball and then take advantage of when it goes haywire as it always does.

I had a pretty positive run last night, scoring five points in a game by hanging back and letting the opportunities come to me rather than trying to create them in a cluster**** of other bads like me.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:43 PM   #5078
Stormy
i like pie

Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.

I've gotten back into Stellaris. I'm playing the Belkarin Growth, a Devouring Swarm Hive Mind consisting of a slime mold that uses the bodies of it's food as hosts to manipulate it's environment.

I played really aggressive in the beginning, taking out the first empire I found immediately. I was stuck in a civil war for almost 10 years when some of the survivors of that first war took over one of my planets. That species has been extinct for 150 years in game now.

For a while after that all of my conquests were actually worlds I took in peace deals after I beat off an attacker. No one likes a devouring swarm.

Now I'm the most powerful empire on the map by far and have the technology to modify conquered species genetics to make them part of the swarm. I'm gearing up to take on the Fallen Empire on my end of the galaxy. I think there's another one out there, but no one lets me fly through their territory so I can't see 2/3 of the galaxy. Anyway, the days of the Higga Ancients are numbered. None can withstand the might of the Belkarin Growth, soon all the galaxy will be joined into the swarm.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:47 PM   #5079
Caciss
hates everyone

Quote:
It's all pretty helpful, man. I appreciate you taking the time to give me anything at all.

One thing I have consistently noticed is that I will attempt to be the "pass the ball for a good shot opportunity" guy, but 9 times out of 10 my teammates are just gunning for the ball and crashing off the walls like insane toddlers, and are nowhere near a position that would let them hit the ball when I bounce it out. I probably need to, in the short term, do like you said and hang back, let everyone butt**** the ball and then take advantage of when it goes haywire as it always does.

I had a pretty positive run last night, scoring five points in a game by hanging back and letting the opportunities come to me rather than trying to create them in a cluster**** of other bads like me.
Yeah you basically can't pass if you even want to at that level, it's frustrating even at higher levels too, although admittedly much better. Finding a consistent team to party with wold help tremendously as well.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #5080
Big Rick Cook
Old-School

Quote:
Yeah you basically can't pass if you even want to at that level, it's frustrating even at higher levels too, although admittedly much better. Finding a consistent team to party with wold help tremendously as well.
I've dipped into Solo Standard and am doing worse there than in Standard, as far as rankings go. I dug myself back out of Bronze in Standard, finally, and am clawing my way out of Silver I at the moment.

There's three factors that appear to be at play (in order of how much that factor comes into play) in these low ranks now that I've had a few weeks of experience in Ranked.

1. My inexperience and lack of skill at the fundamentals, the advanced maneuvers, teamwork, and the meta of soccer-based rocket car sports
2. Teammates inexperience and lack of skill
3. Ridiculously good players slumming in low Silver and Bronze.

The first one is improving, the second goes back and forth a lot, and the third I have to assume they have either JUST joined the rankings and I was just unfortunate to be in one of their matches, or that they are intentionally keeping their ranking low so they can dominate and wow the rest of us. Their skill level is ridiculously high compared to most people in these low ranks, like they have amazing positioning and can pass or clear every single attempt to get the ball down-pitch. Either with just always being in the exact right spot to block, or pulling off remarkable aerial maneuvers to get in the way of the ball. About every other time their block aims the ball directly at the goal, as well, so they're scoring all the time when it looks like we're about to drive it down to their side.

So I'm still having fun with the progression of learning how to deal with all these myriad things that happen in games.

I do have a question for you: Do you swap in and out of Ball Cam regularly, or prefer to stay in one or the other most of the time?

I find Ball Cam to be pretty necessary to get and keep my bearings, but when the ball gets overhead I have a really hard time adjusting because the view has changed so dramatically from what it normally is. When I swap out I find it really difficult to gauge where the ball is relative to me based on the shadow it puts on the ground. This is made even worse when I go sideways on a wall attempting to knock the ball down the field (pitch? I don't know how they're referring to it in this game), because gauging distance and position becomes difficult when all these things coincide and I end up whiffing right past the ball a lot. But when I start trying to use the regular camera for those times, I get really lost on where the ball is in general and the way the camera sways when I'm changing direction is disorienting (which I've never experienced in a video game before).

Edit: And Ball Cam makes the controls go backwards sometimes because it is orienting directional input to the camera and not to me, which messes me up a LOT.

Last edited by Big Rick Cook; 08-28-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Big Rick Cook is online now   Reply With Quote