RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > General Discussion > Video Games

Old 10-11-2016, 09:57 PM   #4841
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poor
Re: Unofficially Official What are you Playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mora View Post
If you like Mon Hun you know what to expect.
So far, you're right and I do enjoy it.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:39 AM   #4842
Riotsword
Drop 'em

Riotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephantRiotsword killed the third elephant

Finished/platinumed FFXIII-2; I think that might've been the fastest I've platinumed a game (11 days). It's a pretty easy game compared to its predecessor. Battle system is fine, story is a hot garbagey mess, the ending is sequel bait which is a bad, bad look for a 50 hour game, IMO.

Last edited by Riotsword; 10-20-2016 at 12:40 AM.
Riotsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:39 AM   #4843
John Mora
WOO!

John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like

At Infernal Tokyo in SMTIV and really enjoying things :3
John Mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:32 AM   #4844
Stormy
i like pie

Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.

Started a new game of Stellaris now that the Heinlein update is out. Lots of balance changes, mostly for the better (Hyperdrive got hit with the nerfbat so hard that it is objectively inferior to the other two FTL types).

I decided to go for a little story with my game this time. I modified my custom empire (The Endoran Combine) to make them slightly more tyrannical and created a new empire with the same race that was less so and called it the Endoran Coalition of Worlds. Collectivist, Fanatic Xenophile, reptiles. Weak, Charismatic, Communal, Sedentary, Fast Learners, Tropical World preference. I also decided to give Wormholes a try, since Warp is even slower in Heinlein and Hyperdrive is terrible now.

Fluffed them to be splinters of a long collapsed galaxy-spanning empire. The Coalition turned from it's tyrannical past, the Combine seeks to restore the glory of the Endoran Imperium. I hope the Combine does well so I can have a big clash in the future.

So, I get to work exploring by telling my science ship to survey my home system and getting my corvettes to visit all the nearby systems ahead of the science vessel to check if it's safe. It's not long before I run into the Kingdom of Yondarim; F. Spiritualist, Pacifist Avians. They don't like me much at first (new contact, a little border friction, and they some how have 4x my fleet power). Barely a month after first contact my corvettes are ambushed by some crystal space monsters and destroyed. (Space monsters got a huge buff in Heinlein.) KoY gives me an ultimatum: either accept Protectorate status, for my own safety in this dangerous galaxy, or be forced into via war. I know they can't actually defeat me, since Starports got a huge buff to stop early rushes like this, but I don't want them to wreck my stuff for 10 years for ticking war score to give me victory, so I accept Protectorate status.

A couple years later, I get upgraded to Vassal status (meaning my researched techs is at least 50% of my overlord). Unfortunately, this means I can no longer colonize planets. This is unacceptable. I begin building tall, trying to expand my resources strategically with a carefully placed Frontier Outpost, then expanding my reach by taking Galactic Ambitions (+20% influence spread) to swallow more systems and build more mining and research stations. After 20 years of work I can finally field a large enough fleet to challenge my overlord.

We are too early in the game to make effective hard counters, but I know that they wasted slots adding armor to their ships and that they have lasers, like me. So I fill my utility slots with shields and generators. I also was lucky enough to beat them to Destroyers, which I equip with torpedos for a range advantage. I know the shields and armor they have won't mitigate the torps much, and the corvettes should distract the enemy from the more expensive destroyers.

I use wormhole's ability to go wherever in one go to launch a surprise attack on a Frontier Outpost that gives them control of a couple rich (but dead) systems and replace it with one of my own, leaving the other stations intact so I can take control of them once my outpost is finished.

Meanwhile the KoY fleet (which uses Hyperdrive so it's restricted to the Hyperlane network) is circling my territory to the south to get to the opposite side of my empire and take out some mining stations. I chase them out and eventually land on top of them just inside a neighboring empire (the Cynn Order, a F. Spiritualist Collectivist Avian empire) and nearly wipe them out. The spaceport buffs that keep them from doing real damage to me also keeps me from finishing the war quickly. I content myself with hitting their fleet one more time as it retreats to their space before waiting for ticking warscore to give me the victory.

The KoY was magnanimous in defeat and has become a staunch ally against some hostile and expansionist neighbors on their opposite border. I've filled my core worlds limit and I'm focusing on building tall for now. I plan to Liberate (replace their government with one matching my ethics) the Cynn Order relatively soon and diplo-vassalize them, eventually Integrating them into my empire. After that I'll probably form a Federation with some of the local powers and continue to build tall.

There's plenty of open space to my south, as far as I can tell. Hopefully there'll be some room for expansion in that direction as well. I don't have the Leviathan DLC, so I won't get anything cool like Guardians or a War in Heaven, but I've heard that the End Game Crises are much more powerful though, so I have something to work toward. Other than defeating my doppelgangers in the Combine, that is.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:53 PM   #4845
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!

I bought Civ6, started a game and got busy. Seems fun so far even though it's a little different.

Skyrim special edition unlocks in like an hour. Going to go home and max my GTX1070 out and finally be able to test this card.
Mcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:28 AM   #4846
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

Maijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poorMaijo feeds sandals to the poor

Getting Skyrim for Xbox as well

Very excited to give it a true, proper play through. I logged about 50 hours 5 years ago on a lower end PC
Old 10-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #4847
Caciss
hates everyone

Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like

CIVIV right now feels a bit easy.

I'm currently leading in an immortal difficulty level game. I'm not even utilizing any of the main exploits currently in the game and I'm really not properly maximizing my district placement and researches/eurekas. AI seems pretty dumb.
Caciss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #4848
John Mora
WOO!

John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like John Mora is walking around in the background like

Getting to the end of my Neutral Route on SMTIV. It seems that the endgame is going to force me to keep a phys-repelling demon in my party...
John Mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #4849
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!Mcardy is a big fat rollar coaster of LOOOOVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caciss View Post
CIVIV right now feels a bit easy.

I'm currently leading in an immortal difficulty level game. I'm not even utilizing any of the main exploits currently in the game and I'm really not properly maximizing my district placement and researches/eurekas. AI seems pretty dumb.
I requested a refund through Steam. Game AI is crap and I don't want to play it until this gets fixed. If Civ V is any indication, it won't be fun until the expansion and by then it won't be $60, so...I'll take my money back for now.

Plus I'm having fun replaying Skyrim since it's been 5 years and I don't remember a lot of this stuff.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:08 PM   #4850
Caciss
hates everyone

Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like Caciss is walking around in the background like

All the core gameplay elements here however are huge improvements over previous Civilizations I think. Just needs some improvements to the UI and AI, and some of the exploits fixed.

I dunno, I still don't think it was a waste of 60 dollars.
Caciss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #4851
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caciss View Post
All the core gameplay elements here however are huge improvements over previous Civilizations I think. Just needs some improvements to the UI and AI, and some of the exploits fixed.

I dunno, I still don't think it was a waste of 60 dollars.
Oh I'm sure it wouldn't be a waste, I've just moved on to playing other things and I bet it's on sale by the time I get back to feeling like playing it when the get around to patching it a few times.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:40 PM   #4852
orius
Octagon Games

orius is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.orius is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.orius is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.orius is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.orius is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.orius is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.orius is recognized as being 'cool' by Beavis and Butthead.

I'm playing The Battle for Wesnoth which I discovered about a year ago. It's a pretty good game, a strategy RPG, though it uses a hex grid rather than the square grid that's common. It's a free, open-source game, and it's got some good quality, better than some commercial games I've played.

orius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:32 AM   #4853
Stormy
i like pie

Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.Stormy won't give up the rotary phone.

Wesnoth is probably one of the best open source games available right now. It has the most beautiful soundtrack of any open source game, by far.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:13 AM   #4854
dragaron
Dragon + Aaron = Dragaron

dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.dragaron is full of 40 different essential vitamins and minerals.

I've been alternating between Dragon Quest Builders and Disgaea 4 on the PS Vita. The latter will probably have my attention for the next month or so, based on my experiences in the past with prior Disgaea games.
dragaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:09 AM   #4855
The_Real_Crunk
Totally Metal

The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like

Been playing Crossout alot after getting a closed beta invite a few months back.
Its F2P, but goes open beta around new years/early next year. Dont bother buying the $40 steam pack. Just wait till open beta hits.

You basically build mad max cars and fight other peoples madmax cars, or do PVE missions with other players. Its like building cars out of lego.

Gaijin is involved with the game though, so expect a bit of a grind. But once you get off the ground and get some decent parts crafted you can have alot of fun.

The_Real_Crunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:42 PM   #4856
Mcardy
Joe Biden from Space

My friend bought me H1Z1: King of the Kill which has been fun but unbalanced and most definitely in alpha. 150 player battle royale. It's alright, glad I didn't buy it myself though.

Got done with Skyrim HD. Just got a wizard up to max destruction and then quit. Hope there is a revolution in this genre when TES6 comes out cuz I have less and less patience for every open world game I play.

Looking to start something in my backlog, maybe something sub-ten hours I can rip through. Need to get through some stuff before I buy any new games.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:40 PM   #4857
Kefka Jr.
Donkey Emperor

Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like Kefka Jr. is walking around in the background like

I had the hankering for playing the Resident Evil Remake Remastered at the same time that PSPlus was giving it away. Lucky!!

I've played it through three times already. At first I was like, "How the hell do you do a knife only run?" Not that I'm back in the saddle, I bet I could get every trophy, including the Real Survival and Invisible Enemy ones.

But I'm not sure I'm going to – I think I've already seen how beautifully done and brilliantly thought out this game is. I'm still in the mood for scary stuff, as I usually am in autumn, so I'm thinking of playing some Silent Hill.

Unusually, I'm not interested in replaying Silent Hill 2, as my previous experiences with it are kind of indelible to the point that repeating that great experience would only make it more banal. I might take a whack and 3 or 4, or Shattered Memories.

Last edited by Kefka Jr.; 11-15-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Kefka Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:11 PM   #4858
Maijo
Donkey Emperor

I'm so upset that Skyrim SE has been broken for over a week now. I just want to play.......
Old 11-16-2016, 12:12 AM   #4859
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Real_Crunk View Post
Been playing Crossout alot after getting a closed beta invite a few months back.
Its F2P, but goes open beta around new years/early next year. Dont bother buying the $40 steam pack. Just wait till open beta hits.

You basically build mad max cars and fight other peoples madmax cars, or do PVE missions with other players. Its like building cars out of lego.

Gaijin is involved with the game though, so expect a bit of a grind. But once you get off the ground and get some decent parts crafted you can have alot of fun.

Whoa, this sounds like the closest I'll ever get to Twisted Metal with a create a car option (TM4 does not count). Now if only I had a decent computer.

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:01 AM   #4860
The_Real_Crunk
Totally Metal

The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like The_Real_Crunk is walking around in the background like

Its made to run on crappy russian potato computers powered by heroin. Anybody should be able to knock some settings down and run it.
The_Real_Crunk is offline   Reply With Quote