RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > RPG Maker General

Old 06-26-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
RPG Maker FES General Information

If you're thinking about picking the game up, this should be a great resource for you. I'll answer any questions you have about the software, and doing my normal information dumping about what it can do. If you have any questions, ask!

Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:08 PM   #2
Redeye
You wasted time with this

Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.
Re: RPG Maker FES General Information

tell us everything
Old 06-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #3
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

Fantasy set information - this is what's included in with the game. Other themes will be DLC.

99 dungeon slots, sizes are 32x32 64x64 or 128x128 tiles
- World
- City
- Interior
6 samples for each

4 person party
16 character slots
64 character set slots that tie a portrait to a character sprite
64 weapon slots

38 face and character graphics for male, 36 for female, 36 for monsters, 14 misc including animals, a baby, and transportation.

62 Monster graphics
66 weapon graphics, including guns, grenades, chainsaws, books, and bats, but you can use any item icon graphic for a weapon, including coats, a bikini, a necklace, a hat, a rock, or a shoe.

This flexibility allows you to create strange things like a magic chainsaw that heals.

Last edited by Valkysas; 06-26-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:01 PM   #4
Duel
Donkey Emperor

Duel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealedDuel is hermetically sealed

How's the list of event commands?

Duel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #5
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

There's a LOT.

Commands are grouped by category. Message, sound, move, branch, condition, action, screen, time, status, and screen.

I'll come back to this post to list every command in a bit.

Every event can have up to 10 pages, and each page can have up to 99 event commands.

Last edited by Valkysas; 06-26-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:12 PM   #6
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

MetalKingTonberry is a fairly shiny person.

Thanks for doing this! It's going to be a big help to know what to expect.

Is it possible to change any colors on the character/enemy graphics, or is it limited to a few specific color styles like RPGM1 and RPGM3?
Old 06-29-2017, 01:18 AM   #7
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

I got it, and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

I'm really liking how easily you can use variables to decide the power of abilities, items, weapons, and even enemies. You can easily make things you can "upgrade" by using events. I just finished making an optional boss that starts out really weak, but gets more powerful and gives more EXP every time you defeat it.

Another interesting idea is healing items that can be upgraded, instead of making a lot of different ones. That would especially help save some item space, if you only have one item for restoring HP and one for restoring MP instead of having three or more different items for both.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:45 AM   #8
Redeye

Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.Redeye should consider running for president of the astronauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKingTonberry View Post
Another interesting idea is healing items that can be upgraded, instead of making a lot of different ones. That would especially help save some item space, if you only have one item for restoring HP and one for restoring MP instead of having three or more different items for both.
Well, if you can use variables for Item Formulas, then couldn't you create an event that allowed you to do something that would increase a Variable that affects the Healing amount of your Items?

Or are we talking about totally different variables here?

Last edited by Redeye; 06-29-2017 at 01:46 AM.
Redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:09 AM   #9
MetalKingTonberry
Pavilionite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
Well, if you can use variables for Item Formulas, then couldn't you create an event that allowed you to do something that would increase a Variable that affects the Healing amount of your Items?

Or are we talking about totally different variables here?
That's pretty much what I'm talking about, actually.

Like, you could have an alchemist (event) in a town, who will increase the power of your healing potions (increasing the healing variable) for some amount of gold.

That seems like a better option than making a "super" healing potion and "ultimate" healing potion in addition to the normal one. You'd be able to save two item spaces, which can be important with a limit of 64 items.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:17 AM   #10
Redeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalKingTonberry View Post
That's pretty much what I'm talking about, actually.

Like, you could have an alchemist (event) in a town, who will increase the power of your healing potions (increasing the healing variable) for some amount of gold.

That seems like a better option than making a "super" healing potion and "ultimate" healing potion in addition to the normal one. You'd be able to save two item spaces, which can be important with a limit of 64 items.
Ah, alright. The way you worded it made it seem like there wasn't a way to do it. But anways, RM FES sounds fairly powerful, almost on par with the PC Makers, even though there are a multitude of retarded restrictions like a small database restriction and the lack of a graphics / music creator. If that one WarioWare DIY Game can pull that off, this game has no excuses.

Last edited by Redeye; 06-29-2017 at 02:18 AM.
Redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:52 AM   #11
Jamos
Ultimate Authority on Fun

Jamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spiteJamos ate 15 spider-man cake decorations out of spite

Dear suckers,

Give me a free 3DS. Oh and also this game while you are at it.

Sincerely,
Some Loon

Add me... I'll wait.
Jamos is offline   Reply With Quote