RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 3 Full Games

Old 02-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
Vonwert
Puzzle Maker

Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.
Whispers In the Woods

Lex Johnson is a famous horror writer who has a lot of pressure to create a next best-seller.

Taking time out of his busy schedule, Lex has ventured to the remote regions of Europe to research ghost stories for his new book.

He is searching for "Ninguna Muerte", the "Village of No Death". A place where no one dies.

Hidden within a deep valley, there are tales of ghosts being seen at night.

Lex sets out during the harsh winter in search of the village, even has he has started having dreams of a mysterious woman and a dark cavern which draws him in closer each night.

What awaits Lex in the village, will haunt him forever....

*No Battles
*Puzzles of all kinds
*Two different endings
*Mature Content / Ages 16 and up
Attached Files
File Type: zip Whispers in the Woods.zip (567.2 KB, 2534 views)
File Type: zip whispersinthewoodsps3.zip (510.6 KB, 390 views)

Last edited by Valkysas; 04-10-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Vonwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
Re: Whispers In the Woods

Okay, well, I just finished playing "Whispers in the Woods" today. I would recommend that you guys try it out. Those who are always complaining about the Default Battle System need not worry...no redundant repetitive battles here. This is a game for the person who likes a mental challenge. It is a bit disturbing in places, but that is the intent. I mean, you don't think going to a village known as "a place where no one dies" is going to be all lollipops and candycanes, do you? Vonwert did a good job creating a variety of puzzles and an interesting story. It took me about four hours or so to beat. I still need to play it again to get the second ending Vonwert mentioned. So, go on and download it.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
bjohnson250
bjohnson250

bjohnson250 is not popular today.

i cant get this file to load on to rpg maker 3 what am i doing wrong it on my memory card but it will not read it

Last edited by bjohnson250; 06-06-2006 at 03:53 PM.
bjohnson250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #4
Vonwert
Puzzle Maker

Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.Vonwert isn't the third movie in the trilogy.

You have to make sure to uncrush the file on to the mem card from the flash drive.

Plus it helps to make sure you have the right data, incase you have more than one rpgm3 data on the drive. For some reason it doesn't keep the name when you load it up in the Max drive menu.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
Perversion
Girl Licker

Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like Perversion is walking around in the background like

How in God's name did this game get 1400+ downloads? Is that even right?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #6
Phoenix
A noob once more

Phoenix is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Phoenix is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.Phoenix is like having thanksgiving dinner every night of the year.

I guess vonwert created a masterpiece, or maybe it's just because theres no battles.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
Vonwert
Puzzle Maker

I am very glad to see everyone has at least tried it out.

I am going to start work on my next game this weekend. And it will be even more dark and sinister than the last.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:10 AM   #8
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like

Quote:
How in God's name did this game get 1400+ downloads? Is that even right?
Vonwert asked me about that a while ago. it's correct. I checked, and the site records clearly show every IP that downloaded the game. Some things to keep in mind are that RPG Maker 3 sold very well, and Vonwert talked about this game in several RPGM communities so it was very well publicized. if you look at other RPG Maker 3 games, for example "Spirit Saga", the game had pretty much no promotion or discussion before, or at the release. it still managed around 230 downloads. a little publicity goes a long way.

Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:18 PM   #9
Draggin'
Roar.

Draggin' is special!
Re:I am going to start work on my next game this weekend

What game is it?
Draggin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
Biggie
Could get out more

Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?Biggie did a great job! Do you want to praise it?
Re: I am going to start work on my next game this weekend

I won a copy of RPGM3 some time ago, and when it gets here sometime, this will definitly be the first game I try out for RPGM3. I am quite excited by the premise of it.

Now I just need to get off my lazy ass and dust off RPGM1, get out that dex drive I never used yet, and try out Cursed Desires.
Biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #11
Vonwert
Puzzle Maker

Well it is basically a puzzle game with supernatural elements to it.

Bigfoot, I would probably play this one first, since I borrowed some of my Cursed Desires puzzles into this one.

I have been slightly lazy and need to get my butt back to work on my next rpgm3 game....
Old 11-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #12
Libby
Teh Twitchy Penguin

Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.

I know I'm a bit late on this topic, but I finally got my Max drive and decided that this was going to be my first game. It's definately awesome. I'm kinda stuck on one of the math puzzles, but I'm hoping I can get it soon. :P Why did you have to put MATH in it.

When I'm done I'll give a better reivew then this. Otehr then that...:P Awesome!
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #13
Libby
Teh Twitchy Penguin

Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.Libby is a Chewbacca with headbutting action.

I know people hate double posts, but I don't mind, I just want people to know about this awesome game!

Libbys Review of Whispers in the Woods.
**SPOILER ALERT!**

Whispers in the Woods follows the story of a man named Lex, who decides to go on a hiking trip to check out a haunted town in the middle of nowhere. When you first start the game, you are introduced to the character through a dream, rendered with a well used story teller and a dungeon scene. After awakening, Lex gives a brief summary of why he is where he is before setting out into the unknown after a ghostly woman who begs for his help.

I decided to break up this review in a few sections, so, here it is. Take in mind I am not critiquing this game as a full fledged RPG, but as a puzzle/horror game created with a premade engine.

Gameplay ~ 9/10 ~ The bane of most RPG'ers when it comes to RPGM3 is the battle system. It gets tedious and borning really quick, and is fairly unorigional. Vonwert gets bonus points for removing this system from his game, and instead replacing it with puzzles consisting of multiple choice word problems, math equations, and a magic "appearing crystal" game, which astounded me that you could preform such a feat with RPGM3. My only real complaints with the system itself is that I felt no real urgency to try and get the problems right. Although you get treated to a rather amusing trap scene upon failing a puzzle, it jumps you right back where you were before you failed the puzzle, rather then at a save point. This does bring the ugency to down quite a bit, but for the sake of smoother gameplay, I suppose it's allowed. Another is some of the layouts (before the final dungeon and on the valley walk over) blocked your ability to get to the next section, causing you to struggle against the obsticle just to find that small path to get through. The model that was chosen for the main character made the screen bounce a bit too much when he ran. The final small issue was that some of the cutscenes had a massive number of refresh screens, but further experimentation with RPGM3 has made me realize that it's just the engine that Vonwert had to work with.

Enviornment ~ 10/10 ~ I never thought that one could make a game with RPGM3 creepy. Consistantly set during the night, with snow and no sky, the visabilty gave you an eeirie feeling like that of Silent Hill, but with a diffrent quality. You wander through a valley with no sound but wind, when every other step renders a howl, or the distinct echo of whispers in the trees. Items appear and reappear on your trip to the city, and upon entering, the whispers echo though the town, and ghostly forms dissapear behind homes and leave you wondering what happened. Most of the story takes place through journals and well played out cutscenes, leading you deeper into a story based on true myth (I belive) within the catacombs and basement's of the town's previous inhabitants. At one point, the echoing cry of a baby in one of the scenes made me turn my light back on.

Story{Execution ~10/10{8/10 ~ The story was phenominal. Vonwert built it off a previous myth/legend (which I have yet to research) based upon canabalism and old gods, using the stories as a springboard for the puzzles in the game. The execution, as I mentioned earlier, was not quite as much as I was expecting. Some of the smaller stories felt like they were rushed, and could have used more clarification, and I think Vonwert is afraid of the "-ed" ending on "happened." A few of the names sounded a bit too modern for the ghost characters, even though the main character was of modern times, it felt like some of the ghosts names were a bit too up-to date, but then again, I'm a traditionalist. Vonwert also does credit to the inspiration of the story, and gives a reference to a website for more inquisitive players.

Characters ~ 6/10 ~ This is my only dissapointment with the game. The characters seemed too 2D, and felt like they were lacking in any sort of depth. I can understand some points of this, having to express so many stories over a short amount of time, but no time was taken to really understand who the main character was, and I didn't feel any sort of attachment to any character really, to make me feel sorry for any one who died. Lex was cool enough, with the true soul of a writer (though his internal dialouge) but he only commented on his enviornment and not the way he felt. I understand that the real point of this game was for the story, but it was hard to get into it without knowing the characters. Even the main female role in this game gave no feelings of compassion. She was just a sad girl with sad eyes begging for help, with no understanding or really careing why until near the end of the game.

Overall ~10/10 ~ Dispite my problems, I still give this game a 10, mostly because any faults I find with the other portions of the game are held up by the rest. Vonwert has done, masterfully, what very few others can accomplish with this engine. He made the bright music deep and creepy, and applied puzzles and variables to leave the player begging for more. A warning, the game itself is a bit short, probably about 3 hours, four if you actually work out the puzzles before randomly choosing answers till you win (Like me ) but it is worth every single bit of that time. For RPG-Lovers, even you would love this game, as much as horror players. I'd reccomend this game as a download, if it's your first, your last, or somewhere inbetween game for RPGM3. Just remember to bring a pen and paper, you're gonna need it.

And, Don't turn out the lights.

Last edited by Libby; 12-02-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #14
Vonwert
Puzzle Maker

Woot! I am honored

Oh.....and I am going to do something for the first time.

Make a sequel....

Once I figure out a good title, I'll make a post about it.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #15
Vonwert
Puzzle Maker

Siren's Reef, the direct sequel to Whispers in the Woods is out! Play it now!