RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 2 Full Games

Old 03-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
ProfessorDoooom
Pavilionite

ProfessorDoooom is a fairly shiny person.
Village Of The Damned

The long awaited sequel to the Pavilion Boards blockbuster hit, Castle Of Mordek! (OK, maybe not so much)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walter happens upon a village on the way home that has a strange obsession with Mordek, the demon that Walter just defeated. You don't think they'd be mad about that... do you?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this brief adventure game, guide the character through the village, find out who is on your side and try to blend in with those who are not! Gameplay has not changed much since 'Castle Of Mordek'. There is no combat to speak of, so attributes and such are irrelevant (though there is a magic spell, but that is still treated as another item). Items are used automatically when you are at the appropriate place.

Estimated game time: Knowing where everything is, skipping all of the dialogue, I am able to speed through this game in 10-30 minutes depending on if I use Resettingway (yes, he HAS returned!) I am hoping that exploration for new players will provide more time.

A brief game with a (I think) richer backstory, more characters, more details on existing characters, and 3 different endings depending on how you play!

EDIT: found a couple of bug. Not too big.
-when you grab the spellbook from the mayor's house on the second floor, ONLY PICK IT UP ONCE. When you get it, it advances an important variable by one. If you want to fix it, go to the script "mayor's book" and add "mayor's book flag on" to it. Fixes it. Password is u, u, d, d, l, r, l, r.
-the old man's dialogue script. Read each entry from top to bottom. I guess i didnt script it as well as i though i did. If you dont do that, it wont trigger an event where he gives you a vital clue (as well as the plot of the game)
-the lighthouse. If you put in the right combo and it still triggers a death sequence, do it a second time. The death scene resets the variable so it WILL work the second time. You will know it is not working when you push a block into place and it doesnt make a "blip" sound.

Other than that, i hope you guys have enjoyed it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Village of the Damned.zip (603.9 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by ProfessorDoooom; 06-01-2014 at 10:08 AM.
ProfessorDoooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
Valkysas
Roadside Cheese Camera

Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like Valkysas is walking around in the background like
Re: Village Of The Damned (PLUS: Contest!)

When the contest concludes, please remove the contest part of the title.

Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
ProfessorDoooom
Pavilionite

If you are interested in a walkthrough, here it is. Beware, there be spoilers ahead.

-at the game's start, talk to the old man in the northwestern corner. Ask him of each of the topics once, and a scene follows. After, ask him any of the new topics in any order, as they have no additional effects. Also, follow his advice on talking to other folks. He is your only ally. Unless you want to see the "burn the nonbeliever" death scene :-) Grab the compass from the dresser and head to the house south of the old man

-talk to the man if you want. He gives a clue about the cave. In the basement is the lantern.

-head across the street. Talk to the kid or the adult if you want (the adult mentions her husband. He appears much later, and he was the driver from the opening to "Castle Of Mordek". Also, the line "only the dead know the truth" is a clue to tell the truth to the specter in the crematory). Read the book. The only spell that isnt an instant death is "reflect". Select it.

-now that you have all three items that get the lighthouse parts, pick either the cave, the woods, or the mayor's house. The order we will do will be cave, mayor's house, then woods.

-in the cave, simply follow the path. Without the lantern, the second cave would just result in walter dying in a dark cave. In the second cave area, wander around until you find the clue and the bulb.

-in the mayor's house, walk north. The reflect spell will keep you safe from the mayor's stone spell. His statue serves no purpose. It was put there because i thought it was fun to push that jerk around. Head up stairs.

-the spell book is on top of the book case. To get it, step onto the footstool next to the bed. Then step onto the table. Then step onto the wall itself. Walk counter-clockwise until you reach the book. The book serves no actual purpose, and there is a nasty bug involved with it (read above on how to avoid/fix it). Picking it up raises the ending variable by 1.

-continue through the cemetery into the crypt and follow it all the way to the crematory (that's what that last room past the catacombs is supposed to be). Grab the red vase of fuel (it's a gas powered lighthouse apparently. Isnt that how they work?). On the way out, a specter appears. If you answer "praise mordek" (or whatever it is), the death music plays and the cemetery will fill with zombies. This is the only time in either games where the player has control during the death music. Touch a zombie and you will become one too! If you say "mordek is evil", the ending variable is raised by one and a cut scene follows.

NOW, if you head to the clearing behind the southwest house, there will be a set of stairs. This leads to a highly amusing easter egg cut scene that slightly effects the ending. Having the bulb and the fuel items makes the stairs appear.

-head to the woods (west side, just north of the beach). In the woods, the camera is fixed and randomly reorients at every teleport event. Also, 4 or 5 wrong turns and the orcs find you. If you have the compass, a block appears that always points north. Head north, east, west, south (remember the good NEWS... Get it?) and that will take you to the lighthouse technician's house. Or what was left of it.

-inside, pull the rug to reveal stairs. In the basement, read the diary for some good backstory (the little girl from the southwest tower in "Castle Of Mordek" is the daughter of the lighthouse man. The lighthouse man was the specter from the cemetery). The mirror is ahead.

NOW, if you have any interest in seeing any missed death scenes, Resettingway is now at that same clearing that the secret stairs were located. He will reset all of the death scene flags so you can see them. That also means that if you want to revisit the cemetery, you will have to relearn the reflect spell to get passed the mayor. Sorry, that couldn't have been avoided.

-head to the lighthouse now. Head up to floor three and push all three blocks down the hole. Head to floor one and push the numbered blocks into the contraption to correspond to the clue found in the cave. Every block pushed into place should make a "blip" noise. If it doesn't, let not your heart be troubled. There is an errant variable somewhere. I don't know what causes it. The death scene will reset everything just right though. So just do it again.

Walk out and enjoy the ending! If the ending variable is 0, you get the bad ending. If it is 1, you get the fair ending. If it is 2, you get the best ending. The book and the specter are the two axles on which this hinges. Doing one only gets the fair ending, and doing both gets the best. If you found the easter egg, there is a small little cut scene where walter finds the fish. The stuff of legends.

Last edited by ProfessorDoooom; 06-21-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #4
Leonomai
Pavilionite

Leonomai is a splendid one to behold

I will find the time to check this out.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #5
YesterdaysMoose
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

YesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasureYesterdaysMoose is a national treasure

I believe I may have found the FISH! At least, the main character stated that he had found it.

After the main game, the screen went black; Walter was on the right, the fish on the left.

And it went where ever I GO!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
ProfessorDoooom
Pavilionite

OHH fishy fishy fishy FISH!

We have a winner!

If you collect the bulb, the fuel, and then head behind the southwest house, there will be some stairs. Take the stairs and you will be treated to a rpgm2 rendition of monty python's sketch, "find the fish". Then, after the credits, walter finds the fish!