RPG Maker Pavilion  

Go Back   RPG Maker Pavilion > RPG Maker > Submissions > RPG Maker 3 Demos

Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #1
Lausen
Call me Amazing

Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.
Holy-Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed

You Play as Lausen Basberg the young son of Sir Agerous Basberg general of the Elite Knights of the capital Nahara. You were born into a world of chaos and ruin. Shielded from the outside world you know nothing of its terror. The Naharic peopleís view of the world is false at best. You live in the last great city were technology still reins dominate. All others have long since been destroyed by the disasters. Those outside the Naharic walls are known as the outsiders. They are a primitive culture. Violent at its center, but all of their attempts to attack Nahara was quickly cut off. For over 400 years Nahara has dominated the world with their superior military might. The outsiders lack the technology to fight back until now. With the birth of the Prophecy the outsiders have hope again. They ready their weapons and prepare for the hardships to come. The cadets of Nahara prepare for there final field exam, but somewhere they get caught up in a struggle that changes everything.

Features:
3 maps
3 Towns (Nahara is actually 2 in 1 so 4 towns)
2 dungeons
4 playable characters
A few small side quests.
Battle Tower side quest
Each character has a special skill you can find. (Cryolite)
Random encounters can be by passed with a hidden item.
A description of everything

Hint: for those who hate random encounter.
*** SPOILERS ***
To find the item to get rid of random encounters enter Nahara and go left before you get into the center. Follow it all the way down and you'll find the chest
*** END SPOILERS ***

This is the opening part of the game. Before the main plot unfolds itself. A good three hour experiance if you find everything and beat the Battle Tower.

I would love to hear what you think.

Oh... And I dropped the 2 from the games title because there isn't a one on the pav. And I have no idea if I'll ever complete the original. So this is now just Holy-Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	full 01.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1069   Click image for larger version

Name:	full 02.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	1070   Click image for larger version

Name:	full 03.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1071   Click image for larger version

Name:	full 04.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1072   Click image for larger version

Name:	full 05b.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1073   Click image for larger version

Name:	HC-PU 013a.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1074   Click image for larger version

Name:	HC-PU 028.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1075   Click image for larger version

Name:	HC-PU 031.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1076  

Attached Files
File Type: zip Holy-Chaos Prophecies Demo_.zip (620.0 KB, 771 views)

Last edited by Valkysas; 05-02-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Lausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
RPGM3 Holy-Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed Demo

Holy-Chaos:Prophecies Unleashed

Story:

Not bad. After a time of turmoil and upheaval, a group of young people in training go out on a mission as their last test as cadets. Lausen did a good job beginning to tell us a bit about the characters, and there were some scenes with detailed character interactions. When you reach the end of the demo, the story continues, leaving you wanting to find out more...and you will, once you play the full game.

Battles:

-A mixture or random battles and event battles. I really liked how you were able to see each event battle to be able to prepare for it. The random battles can be easily bypassed as well using the little item whose location Lausen gave as a spoiler in the actual game submission thread. I used it (once I was reminded that I had it), and I was glad I did. Searching through the mine as I reached completion of the demo was much more fun with it.

-The enemies all had quite a few skills that did different things. From attacking with magic power, to healing enemy comrades, to calling down flaming rocks, the variety was impressive. You never knew what would happen in a battle, so that kept things very interesting.

Field Maps:

It is very clear that Lausen put a lot of time into the maps that he made from scratch. The Galic Mountains map is simply beautiful. The Ice Field map had its nooks and crannies but was pretty straighforward. The Naharic Domain, while a variation on a default map, really looks nice because of the way that Lausen used stacked events to create some very nice cityscapes. It would have been great to see some more events in the fields, or if the fields could have been a bit smaller that would have added to the enjoyment a bit more. Lots of holding down the run button, but if you stayed on the path, you didnít have to worry about random battling.

Items/ Powerups:

-I loved the Plasma weapons. Who needs swords when you have those.

-Then again, there were some nice swords and bows to be bought/found as well.

-There was always enough gold in the coffers to buy necessary supplies. Of course if you ever ran low, you just needed to go do some random battling.

-I accidentally came across a secret ďitem,Ē which was a nice treat. Apparently there were others that I did not find

Towns:

They were laid out nicely (and logically). Lausenís overlaying of the graphics gave them a unique feel as well, especially in Nahara and Nahara Palace.

Things I really liked:

-The dialogue between the bosses and your party.
-Plasma weapons (especially Plasma Jolt).
-The field maps.
-The Tower mission was fun and challenging, and the last boss there was...well, you had better play for yourself to see.

Bugs / Glitches

-There was one event that didnít trigger when it was supposed to, causing a bit of a hiccup in the progress of the story. Once I PMed Lausen about it, he immediately knew what had happened, and that has been fixed for the full game, so that is no longer a problem.

-I must say though that there are spelling and punctuation errors in many places. At times, it was kind of annoying, but they donít really hamper the comprehension of whatís going on. Even Lausen addresses the fact that he knows he has some issues with this, and he welcomes corrections, which is good.

This demo can definitely become a good game.
I would give it 8/10. Nice job Lausen!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
impcast95
The Assasin of Videogames

impcast95 is not popular today.
Re: Holy-Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed Demo.

Nice article wierd no one posted
Love is not something that can be bought it starts small like a seed and as two loving souls cherish the bond they share with one another only then can it blossom into a rose which in itself is as beautiful as love.
impcast95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
Lausen
Call me Amazing

Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.Lausen is the third Mario Brother.
Re: Holy-Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed Demo.

It because it's just my submission thread. It's just for downloading the demo. I have other forums for discusion. Click on the pic in my sig and it will link you to it.