Pavilionite

jerbils is special!
Spheer

Game: Spheer
Creator: jerbils
Genre: Puzzle
Rating: Everyone
Release Date: April 7, 2007

In Spheer, you are a ball rolling through eight levels collecting "Electrodes." In order to find them all, you have to solve a myriad of complex puzzles. In addition to ground-breaking level design, up to four players can challenge each other in the Multiplayer Mode. You won't find a game quite like this anywhere else, so see if you can solve the puzzles that await you in Spheer!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Spheer.zip (305.9 KB, 767 views)
File Type: zip spheerps3.zip (239.0 KB, 425 views)

Last edited by Valkysas; 04-30-2010 at 05:09 PM.
jerbils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!
Re: Spheer

I've tried out this game. Let me tell you that it's cool.

The title screen looks good with an easy to understand menu.

The gameplay is pretty smooth.

Make sure to use the buttons to help you move the camera, so you can see how to navigate around.

I've played through the Red Level in Free Play and in Challenge Mode. It's really something sweet. Lots of puzzles to figure out. From my communications with Jerbils, the next levels are even better. I'm looking forward to the next chance I have to play. I've opened up the Blue Level in Challenge mode.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
jerbils
Pavilionite

jerbils is special!

Thanks again, Pagerron. I definitely appreciate the vote of confidence. =)
Old 04-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!Pagerron glows in the dark, BABY!

Yay! I beat Level 2! I figured out my problem, and it was me! I missed this path that led right to where I needed to go! Level 3 is now open.

Oh, and I messed around with the multiplayer mode. I beat Level 1 of multiplayer in 61 seconds. Oh yeah. Can you beat that?

This game is a good break from RPGs. Play it in little increments at a time, at least that's what I do. I'm enjoying it little by little that way.

Last edited by Pagerron; 04-13-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Pagerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:47 AM   #5
jerbils
Pavilionite

jerbils is special!

Heh, I can't even play multiplayer because I slaughter everyone I play (I wonder why that is?). It's completely unfair when I play people.

I think you'll like Level 3.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
neobi
Sexy Time

neobi knows where he livesneobi knows where he lives

I beat this a few days ago in a few hours. I found 2/3 secrets, but I wasn't gunna spend an hour running back through the levels to find the one I missed.

Anyways, initially it seems boring, like the first level. But after that it gets more exciting with level design and kinda keeps ya going just to see what is gunna come up next. Could of had some more dynamics but was still fun with how it was. Yay.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:09 AM   #7
jerbils
Pavilionite

jerbils is special!

Well, it is definitly a thinking game, so there will be some people who find it boring. However, there is a special action-y mode that is opened up with all of the Supa Secrets. FYI, all of the secrets are in...

SPOILER SPOILERS SPOILERS

Levels 3, 5, and 8.

END OF SPOILERS. YAY.

You may want to give it a whirl, the extra mode is very challenging. Even I suck at it. Either way, I appreciate your feedback.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #8
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

I had more free time than expected yesterday and today, and I had the chance to pop in Spheer again. Cool!

Level 5 -
I liked:
The group of balls that you had to "run" away from
the puzzle where you had to build a couple of bridges in order to get some of the electrodes.

Level 6-
I liked:
-moving platforms (working your way up to the top)
-the camera effect when you step on one of the blocks with an exclamation point. Zooms way out to let you see exactly what's happening with the puzzle structure.
-the blocks that "walk" with you. Nice effect.

Level 7-
-This Level is my favorite!!
-Plays with your mind (anti-gravity effect is really cool [although it was a little hard to get used to the upside down movement at first])
-The first time I saw the effect of the speed pad sending me off the edge of the puzzle, I laughed at loud. I liked that a lot.
-The constantly shifting ramps were cool.

Level 8 -
That was a good idea not to make this available in the free play mode, in my opinion.
A good combo of all previous effects.

The ending - It definitely wasn't what I was expecting. Actually, I had no idea what to expect, but that wasn't it. :) (You'll just have to play to see what I mean.)

I had a good experience playing this game. Good job Jerbils! Thanks for sharing with us.

Last edited by Pagerron; 06-09-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Pagerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
Pagerron
RPGM3-notperfectbutgood

RPGM2 - Spheer

Title Screen / Menus: 10/10
Well-made. The in-game instructions are really good. They're even illustrated! (No manual needed for this one.)

Level design: 10/10 for sure!
Great! You can tell that Jerbils put A LOT of effort into planning each level. Some of these levels must have been a bear to figure out how to make. Lots of special effects and novel features.

The music: 7/10
It was just okay. Appropriate for the puzzle game genre, I think. (I liked kicking in music of my own when I played though.)

Controls: 8/10
Sometimes they weren't as smooth as I would have liked. Using the D-pad seemed easier for me than the joystick. Also, adjusting the camera so that I didn't have to move diagonally helped a lot.

How fun was it: 8/10
It gets more interesting as the game progresses. The latter levels are the best. My favorite of all is Level 7.

Suggestions to the player:
-Use the circle button! (it makes things much more fun)
-Learn how to use the camera controls right from the outset.
-Try a level in free play to get the idea first. (After doing that, just go for it in Challenge mode.)